• No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Explain in comments)

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
In my limited experience of chasing magi around, it's actually pretty bitchy to put down a mage/hybrid and keep him from lesser healing. I def think channeling should be canceled by hits as much as it is. You don't want mages tanking and charging spells, trust me. You'd have like EQ bomb paladins n shite.

Other than that, I don't think I agree that psyche should raw cancel a spell w/ no input. It's kind of bizarre. If you made it so that you had to target slightly longer or something per the level of psyche, that would make more sense. Like your int v their psyche battle, but just that your psyche quashes out a spell is mad weird. MAHAHA UR MAGIC DOESN'T AFFECT ME!! If you're gonna go there, you should be able to spec your psyche to a point where you are immune to low end/spammy magic.

I agree w/ stuff like rng chance to dismount on hits, maybe rng chance (v low at max spec) for a spell to fizzle even if everything was done perfectly, but I can't really see how psyche could impact that without such a system already in place.
RNG in a skills based game is horrible
That is Tzone sumed up in one sentence.
Also read as "please don't take away my easy kills".

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Please make all damage over a certain treshold cancel mage casting.
Thank you.
I don't think that's the solution. If a player wears heavy enough armour then they will be uninterruptible.

Headshots already automatically cancel casting and I think that is good enough. You get a reward for accuracy.

Outside of headshots ordinary body hits should only delay casting and not cancel it altogether. Concentration skill would mitigate that delay depending on skill level.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I don't think that's the solution. If a player wears heavy enough armour then they will be uninterruptible.
True, but which mage wears heavy armor due to the mana penalty?

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I do, and some will start to if that was the case.

After having stated that I am biased, I agree with your suggestion.

Reactions: Atom

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
True, but which mage wears heavy armor due to the mana penalty?
Those that can. I've considered it myself. If your mana pool is big enough to fire off 7-8 spells before worrying about regen then that can certainly be enough in PvP. If spells remain easily interruptible then that is the way people will go.
If you can't cast then you're dead anyway so regen is the least of your worries.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Those that can. I've considered it myself. If your mana pool is big enough to fire off 7-8 spells before worrying about regen then that can certainly be enough in PvP. If spells remain easily interruptible then that is the way people will go.
If you can't cast then you're dead anyway so regen is the least of your worries.

Again heavy armor... or in mages case, heavier armor. My hybrid I can easily get off 10 outbursts or 3-4 Fulms in a row with my travel kit and my PVP kit I lose about 1 fulm due to the regen loss. Everything in Mortal Online evolves around who can get the heaviest armor.

D

Deleted member 44

I think regardless of how much you put into PSY there should still always be a chance to interrupt.

If I remember correctly, with full concentration there is a 40% chance to be interrupted, so let's say each point in PSY lowers the chance by an additional 0.2%.

10 PSY = 38% interrupt chance
125 PSY = 15% interrupt chance

Or something similar
Huh? Concentration and Resist are two different things.

Reactions: Hodo

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
Huh? Concentration and Resist are two different things.
That is what I was trying to figure out.. what he was talking about. Perhaps a translation error?

This post was never about the magic resist part. It was about interruption and that PSY should make it less likely to be interrupted.
The actual damage resist part of PSY is fine imo so that was not the focus of this poll.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This post was never about the magic resist part. It was about interruption and that PSY should make it less likely to be interrupted.
The actual damage resist part of PSY is fine imo so that was not the focus of this poll.

Ahh ok, just the post was hard to follow.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
You already have concentration to make up for playing poorly as a mage. Just dont get hit. The only way a footy has to stop the damage you deal to them is to interupt. Mage is already extreamly strong with just ecumenical.
My man. With maxed concentration there's an 84% chance of being interrupted if you're hit twice. Basically it's impossible to not be interrupted even if you spec for it atm.
What I'm trying to suggest is to bring some additional choices to mage builds so that a full PSY mage could be more viable IF they commit to it.

Choice is good.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
All headshots interrupt regardless of concentration.

I was shocked to see this so:
This statement, and the and the shield bash one, are incorrect according to an easy test my guild and I did a day ago.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I was shocked to see this so:
This statement, and the and the shield bash one, are incorrect according to an easy test my guild and I did a day ago.
Perhaps I'm trying to understand how I was in a fight where every cast was interrupted. I thought I had read somewhere that headshots were guaranteed to interrupt. If they aren't then it raises even more questions about that fight.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
Perhaps I'm trying to understand how I was in a fight where every cast was interrupted. I thought I had read somewhere that headshots were guaranteed to interrupt. If they aren't then it raises even more questions about that fight.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the chance to be interrupted is doubled when mounted.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the chance to be interrupted is doubled when mounted.
I recall that is what you said. And the tooltip as well.
I'll say again, I was mounted at first and then my mount was killed and then I was killed. All my casts were interrupted both on horseback and on the ground.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Makes sense along with that double casting time... which needs to go the way of the dodo.
It still seems like SV was so worried about magic being too powerful that they put as many limits in place as possible and ending up gimping things like MM.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
Makes sense along with that double casting time... which needs to go the way of the dodo.
MM is really powerful so it should have limitations. It's MA that is too strong atm, which makes MM seem weaker in comparison, but to get back on topic, with my suggestion an MM with PSY could then be more viable.

D

Deleted member 44

MM is really powerful so it should have limitations. It's MA that is too strong atm, which makes MM seem weaker in comparison, but to get back on topic, with my suggestion an MM with PSY could then be more viable.
This is not true. There is no other build in the game that can do 70~80 unmitigated damage on horses and pets besides a mage.

I'm so over the "MA is OP" meme that will just not die. MAs can only kill horses and mages in any real fight and easily become non factors as they don't have the damage output to matter against anyone with real armor on.
Not only is the damage sub par to be of use, but the MAs mount dies extremely quickly to mages and any mouth breather with a long bow. MAs are not the problem, your fullgrain/fullgrain kallardian padded armor and lack of game sense is the problem.

Reactions: Tzone