Poll: Do You Like The New Combat

Now that the combat has been out for some time do you like it more or less than before

• Yes and i'm NA

• Yes and i'm EU

• No, i'm NA

• No, i'm EU

• Yes, i'm Oceanic

• No, i'm Oceanic

• Yes, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• No, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• Neutral, Please Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I get what you guys are saying, but just wondering why some NA players are able to compete with EUs while some blame ping.

Also you do know that the slower the combat is the easier it is for EUs to totally dominate higher pings ? The quicker the combat the less time a EU will have to parry. But atleast with a fast paced combat you have the option of being aggressive.

Just like you cant play the parry game vs EUs, my latency group cant play the parry game vs lower ping players. But thats only because of no forced animation on actions, if they fixed broken animations then most issues would go away.

But fact is the ping/network issue you bring up here is just an issue for some NAs since some has not had the same problem, theres NAs you have to hide your charge in order to not be parried.
So to me it sounds like some NAs magically manage to parry EUs consistently while some cant, not sure how to fix that in any way shape or form.
The 2 (that I know of) NA's that could compete did so by doing a lot of ugly jumping spins, if I wanted to have to do that I would play chivalry. They also were hit through their blocks part of the time as well.

Fighting a good EU is still frustrating, true, because they can parry everything, but now I can semi-consistently parry them as well. Before the ping leveling I would have my block fully raised and even a first day playing EU would hit right through it. Now that only happens from a riposte thrust and then not every single time.

Reactions: Rolufe

Rhias

May 28, 2020
There is no increased stam drain on low HP like it was in MO1 and this seems to be a big issue when it comes to the drawn out kiting.
You're wrong. Below 60% life you have bigger stamina drain.
If you walk out of combat mode with > 60 life you will regain stamina, but if you do the same with <60% life you will not.

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
You're wrong. Below 60% life you have bigger stamina drain.
If you walk out of combat mode with > 60 life you will regain stamina, but if you do the same with <60% life you will not.
Thats odd as i was testing it with Eldarwen where he was under 25% and i was 100% and we couldnt see any difference

Reactions: Svaar

Coffeeus

Nov 24, 2020
I am neutral, I don't know how it was before. Seems like length of short weapons is a bit off? A lot of folks do a lot of spin maneuvers, does this increase dmg output or just confuse the opponents' defense?

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Seems most people are happy with it. Nice poll.
Yeah 53% of the alpha testers that actually bothered to come to the forums and vote in this poll likes the combat.
This is amazing numbers and im excited!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yeah 53% of the alpha testers that actually bothered to come to the forums and vote in this poll likes the combat.
This is excluding the people in the neutral category that are positive about it as well as the ones that are negative. It would have been easier if the neutral standpoint was outside of the poll.
So the actual numbers are a bit different. 53% positive vs 27%
So it would be correct to say that about twice as many are pleased vs displeased.

So the majority likes the changes, Personally I think more fairness has been a good move in the right direction but we still lack the depth in (melee)combat that the game deserves.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020

Seems a very small minority group of people who dislike it.

Usually once over 50ish people have voted on these things they tend to stay pretty much the same % wise no matter how many more vote (unless gamed ofc).

I am sorry you dislike the result.

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Seems a very small minority group of people who dislike it.

Usually once over 50ish people have voted on these things they tend to stay pretty much the same % wise no matter how many more vote (unless gamed ofc).

I am sorry you dislike the result.
If only 53% of the voters feel like they could click "like" then thats a problem. how is it that 47% has mixed emotions over liking the combat or not, thats not good thats bad.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
If only 53% of the voters feel like they could click "like" then thats a problem. how is it that 47% has mixed emotions over liking the combat or not, thats not good thats bad.

Think you are reading it wrong, the poll says over 70% are ok with it.

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Think you are reading it wrong, the poll says over 70% are ok with it.
ur twisting it tho, neutral doesnt mean they like it (or hate it). sure it can mean that they are "ok" with it if u wanna sit and twist it around. Id rather see a full on 75% like the combat. That would be a good result...

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Huh, didnt know you could change your vote, well I changed mine. Since my initial reaction of the changes were neutral but positive but I do LIKE the changes. So there we go, I guess..

• Haha
Reactions: Bloodterst

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Perhaps with this nice combat system there might be more people playing this game in the future, that would be nice.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The new combat feels smoother, more immersive, and more intuitive than if I log in and play MO1 right now. That being said asking how the current combat system is is like asking:

"Welcome to the Age of Empires 2 Alpha. You can only create villagers and infantry. How good/balanced is the game?"
"Welcome to the Overwatch Alpha. You can only play Orisa. How good/balanced is the game?"
"Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Alpha. Heavies only. How good/balanced is the game?"
"Welcome to the WoW Beta. Paladins only, and they only get the tank tree. How good/balanced is the game?"

I don't know? Slow? Just like you'd expect when you're missing mages, hybrids, mounted charge builds, mounted archers, tamers, dominators and builds with less than 115 Con and up to 24kg of armor before their movement speed is slowed?

Reactions: Ministro

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Perhaps with this nice combat system there might be more people playing this game in the future, that would be nice.
We sure can target the retirement home demographics now. SV is doing good in expanding their audience.

Actually they should slow even more the combat since the problem is not fixed, you still get hit thru parrys when an eu does a counter stab. This is unacceptable on a global server where high ping players are supposed to compete.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan