Please let us build on the temporary myrland

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
We got like 8000+ people waiting to flood in, my dood, how do you know that 2000 of them aren't going to enjoy a more free for all environment? Nobody said they aren't an asset. Obviously they are. Less content is lack of mobs, etc. People put houses by spawns so they can camp them, zzz. Some people put houses ON spawns to kill them. Mo is a nice world as it is, but yes, it needs more content and some adjustment.

I'm just saying, you're gonna get a chance to see things from my PoV and make your own decision. Or just not play, I guess. I think it will be a learning experience for a lot of people because they will be forced to step outside of their normal loop. It will make world pvp much higher stakes.

No housing cripples content contest and ruins negative reputation playstyle, it's not your POV it's SV's fucking up point of view.
Nothing to learn except farming more standing to never go negative. And myrland without housing is hardly a more free for all environment, it's a version of the game without certain content, not to mention the people that does get to play in Main server get to chose and have the advantage on house placement. Or disable houses in all servers. It's a shitshow.

Best way to do shit would be to allow all servers to have houses and share (mirror type of thing) all assets in the world while disabling structure dmg till they figure it out. So people in main server don't get the advantage and everyone can access ALL the content in all the servers.

And yeah you can chose not to have a house but that doesnt mean others should.

Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
Alternatively, you could just wait until the second continent is released. My clan is exploring those options at the moment. For some, it may not make sense to set up permanent settlements on Myrland given how far of a head start many of the larger guilds have gotten.

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
Housing should either be available to every instance of myrland or no housing at all.
If there is housing in every instance they should make a warning that on the mirror servers or potentially all instances that it will be removed once a server merge happens when they can hold more than 3k people.
Majority of people who played the beta and MO1 will still want to be on the main server due to housing, it is content that was important enough that they delayed the launch to put in.
Housing allows for PvE content and PvP content.

Kyllike

Jan 30, 2022
It's not that huge grind to build a small house

Have you stocked it, secured it, chests, guards, preist? Solo players will have to take some time to do it.
Making seperate instances will lessen the strain on hoarding gold and deeds for those who want to build and also breed a better economy on the markets for those without housing.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I dont care about people building in the temporary Myrlands, I care about them being temporary. So housing is fine if you are fine with losing it when the issues are solved.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No housing cripples content contest and ruins negative reputation playstyle, it's not your POV it's SV's fucking up point of view.
Nothing to learn except farming more standing to never go negative. And myrland without housing is hardly a more free for all environment, it's a version of the game without certain content, not to mention the people that does get to play in Main server get to chose and have the advantage on house placement. Or disable houses in all servers. It's a shitshow.

Best way to do shit would be to allow all servers to have houses and share (mirror type of thing) all assets in the world while disabling structure dmg till they figure it out. So people in main server don't get the advantage and everyone can access ALL the content in all the servers.

And yeah you can chose not to have a house but that doesnt mean others should.

Hmm. No, that's my PoV. haha. SV's MO is housing and TC. I've already explained in like every other thread they discussed this in that I believe they should make at least 1 instance more pvp friendly... like raising the baseline rep substantially and buffing parcel gain (at the very least, if not giving stuff rep back for farming like before.) If the only thing you want for a house is living w/ pvp, already went there, but it seems nobody wants something like "subtly different" instances. It's pretty crazy and a bit depressing how people have no imagination or ability to entertain ideas. I think this would be a great time for SV to test out very minor changes (I mean, I dunno how many instances there are gonna be, but leave some the same if you want.) However, I muchly support a no building more open pvp instance and both people who have hard rejected my idea have done it because of pvp. Then there are the people who have rejected the idea that any instance should be different. Which, I think is bonkers. Why not have fun? Why not use this chance to see if small changes can be implemented and improve your game?

Didn't they have some issue where building in Saru would affect building in Myrland or was that just on MOMAP? I am 95% sure they did. I have to say, I imagine that the issue could possibly occur here, too, and that's probably why they aren't doing it. They want fast copies. All I could hope for is a more pvp-friendly environment, keep cities as they are, and make it a place for people to actually have fun and play a MO similar to MO1, opposed to like at the end of Beta and you approach Meduli and it's like strongholds and houses everywhere. Zzz. Sure, there were houses in MO1, but they weren't stacked on top of each other.

But it sucks TO ME that people are upset about instanced Myrland w/ o building and yet would also be upset with instanced Myrlands having different rule sets. Complete lack of ability to think outside of the box. Let the players decide what they want, if they make an instance w/ a bad rule set, that nobody plays, make a new one instead. We are well off 'the map' metaphorically, atm, so why not just go with it? This idea, however, blows people's minds. It's unfortunate, but, as I always say, I tried!

Edit: condensed version, I believe a MO with more open pvp is better than all the keeps, house, etc, that you can have. But ALAS. Someone said I wanna play RUST. Haha, no... I don't. I just want a world where players can handle their own stuff for the most part.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Nah, it will just make people cry because they realize they put to much time into it or they didn't read properly.

It's the best idea of StarVault since release!

Eh, a few people suggested that on various platforms since release, it is just the most obvious solution to the particular problems they are having.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Why is everyone believing the instances will be merged? Sure, Henrik claims they will be, but I have 0 confidence that they will be able to accommodate 10k players when they've taken 3 weeks to increase Myrland's capacity from 2k to 2.3k, only to have it collapse down to 1.5k the day after.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Nah, it will just make people cry because they realize they put to much time into it or they didn't read properly.
So now they're building the game around people who can't read properly?

Renaris

Jan 16, 2022
The only equitable way to arrange this is to make it so that you cannot build structures on the "main" Myrland either. Otherwise you are removing a core feature from 75% of players and any new players attracted beyond that number, while allowing players who sit through inhuman queues to build bases and claim land during this transition period.

Disable all building. The end.
Suppose that would be pretty equitable to ensure no one gets to succeed. I understand what you mean though, it gives those with earlier access a huge advantage.

Last edited:

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
I understand that, but on the other hand, I am going to boldly predict that these 'no building' instances are going to be vastly more popular among people than you think. It's not going to be "a demo."

You're right, it won't be a demo - it's temp (as they've already stated)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Hmm. No, that's my PoV. haha. SV's MO is housing and TC. I've already explained in like every other thread they discussed this in that I believe they should make at least 1 instance more pvp friendly... like raising the baseline rep substantially and buffing parcel gain (at the very least, if not giving stuff rep back for farming like before.) If the only thing you want for a house is living w/ pvp, already went there, but it seems nobody wants something like "subtly different" instances. It's pretty crazy and a bit depressing how people have no imagination or ability to entertain ideas. I think this would be a great time for SV to test out very minor changes (I mean, I dunno how many instances there are gonna be, but leave some the same if you want.) However, I muchly support a no building more open pvp instance and both people who have hard rejected my idea have done it because of pvp. Then there are the people who have rejected the idea that any instance should be different. Which, I think is bonkers. Why not have fun? Why not use this chance to see if small changes can be implemented and improve your game?

Didn't they have some issue where building in Saru would affect building in Myrland or was that just on MOMAP? I am 95% sure they did. I have to say, I imagine that the issue could possibly occur here, too, and that's probably why they aren't doing it. They want fast copies. All I could hope for is a more pvp-friendly environment, keep cities as they are, and make it a place for people to actually have fun and play a MO similar to MO1, opposed to like at the end of Beta and you approach Meduli and it's like strongholds and houses everywhere. Zzz. Sure, there were houses in MO1, but they weren't stacked on top of each other.

But it sucks TO ME that people are upset about instanced Myrland w/ o building and yet would also be upset with instanced Myrlands having different rule sets. Complete lack of ability to think outside of the box. Let the players decide what they want, if they make an instance w/ a bad rule set, that nobody plays, make a new one instead. We are well off 'the map' metaphorically, atm, so why not just go with it? This idea, however, blows people's minds. It's unfortunate, but, as I always say, I tried!

Edit: condensed version, I believe a MO with more open pvp is better than all the keeps, house, etc, that you can have. But ALAS. Someone said I wanna play RUST. Haha, no... I don't. I just want a world where players can handle their own stuff for the most part.
Look nobody can tell u not to have wishy thinking. U can dream all u want but u can't expect people to aprove your ideas when many of the people playing this game are into it cuz of the universe idea, a world where theres contest, PVP and PVE, thats unified, sandbox and all the other things it's a long list. Most people not here for playing a themepark medieval clone or múltiple instances of variations of the game, and if people wanted to it's not bad.

Not saying your suggestion is invalid, just unrealistic regarding the game design and vision. I'm not against a test server that tries concepts and ideas from SV but lets be honest SV can't handle 1 server, many things are placeholder and half baked, they can't and are unable to sort and keep track of community feedback, and wey could talk all day long about the current problemátics, imagine adding another layer of complexities, having a test server is worth nothing if u don't have a proper team to amdninistrate it and process info from it.

Mortal is a competitive game, u can dislike houses and refuse to use em the same way u can access the content you like but don't expect people to like what you like, despite your POV of not having a house, housing is a clear advantage in the competitive Nature of the Game, and it is rn a key feature, want it or not.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I mean, if its that big of a deal they could just refund the gold cost for the house deeds when the server closes. You'd lose out of the mats to build, but thats not a big deal.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Look nobody can tell u not to have wishy thinking. U can dream all u want but u can't expect people to aprove your ideas when many of the people playing this game are into it cuz of the universe idea, a world where theres contest, PVP and PVE, thats unified, sandbox and all the other things it's a long list. Most people not here for playing a themepark medieval clone or múltiple instances of variations of the game, and if people wanted to it's not bad.

Not saying your suggestion is invalid, just unrealistic regarding the game design and vision. I'm not against a test server that tries concepts and ideas from SV but lets be honest SV can't handle 1 server, many things are placeholder and half baked, they can't and are unable to sort and keep track of community feedback, and wey could talk all day long about the current problemátics, imagine adding another layer of complexities, having a test server is worth nothing if u don't have a proper team to amdninistrate it and process info from it.

Mortal is a competitive game, u can dislike houses and refuse to use em the same way u can access the content you like but don't expect people to like what you like, despite your POV of not having a house, housing is a clear advantage in the competitive Nature of the Game, and it is rn a key feature, want it or not.

Wait, I'm the one that is saying I don't care if there is no building? And there is no building haha. It's not a dream! I said I would enjoy it if they kept a server without building because it would create a whole different world. Is that dreamy? Nobody would play that? How do you know? It might be a huge hit. Perhaps a lot of the players who stayed were ones who could deal w/ TC and there are tons of others who just want open world pvp with out a cluttered world? YA JUST DUNNO!

As for the test server, I was saying that because they are planning to make multiple instances (I imagine) and that would give them an ez server to throw up that would have long term benefit. They wouldn't have to make it into a continent asap and even tho it would suck to not be able to log into the other servers, at least you could log into the test server and mess around + generate data. I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Like I said, it's likely to do with how fast they want to spin out these carbon copy instances and (I will say again), it probably has to do with the fact that they would interfere with real Myrland if you were to build on it, because they won't be truly free. Do you not remember in Sard where you'd go in a certain spot and it'd be like "Territory of (Myrland Guild)"? I imagine the same thing would/could happen here. They are trying to get them out as fast as possible. I believe they should focus on making them separated and start moving toward a multi server approach (depending on how many people end up filling these shards, cuz if they fill them to capacity, they ain't gettin 'em back in, you're gonna have a bunch of filled to the brim continents that you can't move between.)

All I said was it would be cool to keep ONE without TC and with a rule set that leans more toward open world pvp. Dudes said I wanted RUST, haha, it's like ehh. Of course it offers a competitive advantage to have a house, but it's a DIFFERENT form of competition without TC. That's all it is: different. I didn't say it was likely to happen, but I think it would be something people would take part in. Frankly, we got like 100k people supposedly, who knows what they want? And that's with the possibility of more coming. I think that's a wack take to say that I am so different ( I will admit being pretty different lol) that nobody else could enjoy a world without building w/ all the Mortal Mechanics and more pvp. I find that hard to believe. Would it be enough to fill a server? Dono. I think it would be a refreshing place for people to go when they wanted to get some bang in and see the whole of Nave, no crushed spawns or whatever- shrugs - cuz like I said once 1000 people start placing their houses, you're gonna be viewing the world a lot differently.

I understand being upset at the one world thing being possibly broken, but unless the game experiences a significant pop decline (which you can argue will be good or bad, depending on your mind set,) we're gonna be going back into the same situation we are in now the moment they try to re-form the world. If there are 2 worlds, there can be 2 histories. Both you can take part in. I don't see the problem, but maybe someone can explain that to me.

I did not even consider these ideas a few weeks ago, but then once I realized WE AIN'T GETTING INTO THE GAME ANY OTHER WAY, I realized it was actually a very small compromise.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oo, and double post, so it doesn't lost in my wall of text:

I know a lot of you guys are smart because I've seen you type out some very thoughtful posts, however, being extremely closed minded can limit your ability to intellectually grasp something.

Dreamy or not, I foresee 'multiple servers' working like this. Go into log in screen, it shows say... Nave shard 1, Nave shard 2, Nave shard 3 and shows you how populated, overall, they are. EACH server would have it's own character, so it wouldn't be like you just switch over to avoid a fight. It would be a different world. People would choose the worlds/chars they liked, sure, but they would have the option of going elsewhere if it was a massive queue. Yes, downside is some people could miss out on massive battles, but given filled servers, I dunno how to avoid that. INSTANCED SIEGES?!?! ahaha. Nah, but...

this opens the possibility for NA server, too. So I dunno. Be a little open minded and try to see where I am coming from. I'm looking at things and trying to make the best out of what tools I see we have. If that's dreamin' then, I dunno. Dream on! - song -

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Wait, I'm the one that is saying I don't care if there is no building? And there is no building haha. It's not a dream! I said I would enjoy it if they kept a server without building because it would create a whole different world. Is that dreamy? Nobody would play that? How do you know? It might be a huge hit. Perhaps a lot of the players who stayed were ones who could deal w/ TC and there are tons of others who just want open world pvp with out a cluttered world? YA JUST DUNNO!

As for the test server, I was saying that because they are planning to make multiple instances (I imagine) and that would give them an ez server to throw up that would have long term benefit. They wouldn't have to make it into a continent asap and even tho it would suck to not be able to log into the other servers, at least you could log into the test server and mess around + generate data. I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Like I said, it's likely to do with how fast they want to spin out these carbon copy instances and (I will say again), it probably has to do with the fact that they would interfere with real Myrland if you were to build on it, because they won't be truly free. Do you not remember in Sard where you'd go in a certain spot and it'd be like "Territory of (Myrland Guild)"? I imagine the same thing would/could happen here. They are trying to get them out as fast as possible. I believe they should focus on making them separated and start moving toward a multi server approach (depending on how many people end up filling these shards, cuz if they fill them to capacity, they ain't gettin 'em back in, you're gonna have a bunch of filled to the brim continents that you can't move between.)

All I said was it would be cool to keep ONE without TC and with a rule set that leans more toward open world pvp. Dudes said I wanted RUST, haha, it's like ehh. Of course it offers a competitive advantage to have a house, but it's a DIFFERENT form of competition without TC. That's all it is: different. I didn't say it was likely to happen, but I think it would be something people would take part in. Frankly, we got like 100k people supposedly, who knows what they want? And that's with the possibility of more coming. I think that's a wack take to say that I am so different ( I will admit being pretty different lol) that nobody else could enjoy a world without building w/ all the Mortal Mechanics and more pvp. I find that hard to believe. Would it be enough to fill a server? Dono. I think it would be a refreshing place for people to go when they wanted to get some bang in and see the whole of Nave, no crushed spawns or whatever- shrugs - cuz like I said once 1000 people start placing their houses, you're gonna be viewing the world a lot differently.

I understand being upset at the one world thing being possibly broken, but unless the game experiences a significant pop decline (which you can argue will be good or bad, depending on your mind set,) we're gonna be going back into the same situation we are in now the moment they try to re-form the world. If there are 2 worlds, there can be 2 histories. Both you can take part in. I don't see the problem, but maybe someone can explain that to me.

I did not even consider these ideas a few weeks ago, but then once I realized WE AIN'T GETTING INTO THE GAME ANY OTHER WAY, I realized it was actually a very small compromise.

Oo, and double post, so it doesn't lost in my wall of text:

I know a lot of you guys are smart because I've seen you type out some very thoughtful posts, however, being extremely closed minded can limit your ability to intellectually grasp something.

Dreamy or not, I foresee 'multiple servers' working like this. Go into log in screen, it shows say... Nave shard 1, Nave shard 2, Nave shard 3 and shows you how populated, overall, they are. EACH server would have it's own character, so it wouldn't be like you just switch over to avoid a fight. It would be a different world. People would choose the worlds/chars they liked, sure, but they would have the option of going elsewhere if it was a massive queue. Yes, downside is some people could miss out on massive battles, but given filled servers, I dunno how to avoid that. INSTANCED SIEGES?!?! ahaha. Nah, but...

this opens the possibility for NA server, too. So I dunno. Be a little open minded and try to see where I am coming from. I'm looking at things and trying to make the best out of what tools I see we have. If that's dreamin' then, I dunno. Dream on! - song -
I understand haha if i could i'd rent a MO2 server and mod the fuck out of it, but it's not the case. Nothing wrong on making up a possible diversity of scenarios if i knew SV could pull things like that i would not oppose.
Then again for me personally like the whole concept of the game and i'll allways encourage certain type of mechanics and will expect one competitive world with it's ruleset, i'd like to see their effort directed into that and not multiple servers moded like conan servers, not because i'm against it, only cuz rn whatever límited development capacity SV has i rather see it invested into what was offered.
And right now they can't deliver, but we will see if they can make it eventually.

Test servers are fine aslong as theres infrastructure to make it be worth something, development wise.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think the Myrland instances are a stop-gap solution and will soon give way to the proper other continents planned for later. Building on those temporary instances won't make any sense in the long term.

I plan on enjoying my time on the other Myrland instances for now until SV manages to upgrade the main Myrland instance to support more players so that 10k players will be able to play there comfortably.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think the Myrland instances are a stop-gap solution and will soon give way to the proper other continents planned for later. Building on those temporary instances won't make any sense in the long term.

I plan on enjoying my time on the other Myrland instances for now until SV manages to upgrade the main Myrland instance to support more players so that 10k players will be able to play there comfortably.

I just have this gut feeling it's not gonna work out that way, but we shall see.
@ the 10k comfort thing, I mean.