Please let us build on the temporary myrland

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's not that huge grind to build a small house, just let those who want to do it knowing it will be gone at some point do it. Maybe allow two houses - one per continent. It will make that new instance a bit more popular which will help in beating the queue boss. The closer it is to the mainland the better. No one will want to live on myrland demo.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I am sure there will be plenty that would do the same here. Especially seeing you will be able to build up resources and gold there to use when you do make it into the mainland.
If they ever do get into mainland. And at this rate i wouldn't make any promise.

Nice, make myrland copies but not really copies cuz in the mirror servers u won't be able to build, so being limited by gamedesign when if you wanna build shit gotta bite the endless queues to be in main myrland.
It's like tyring to heal a bone fracture with a bandaid. Company name should be BandaidOnline or 10MinutFixOnline.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
🎺🎺😂😂😆😆😂😂🎺🎺

at least we have a real solution !

let them build those instance , and complain after that ^^

Reactions: Paffu

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
It's the best idea of StarVault since release!

I think the change between Myrland instances will be like Haven: The cities will get a statue to change.

And one should NOT be able to build in the temporary instances! A later merge into a single world would not work! As long as the main continent can't hold 10k players at the same time, StarVault can create new instances if too crowded of delete them when becoming empty.

Zandragal

Jan 24, 2022
The only equitable way to arrange this is to make it so that you cannot build structures on the "main" Myrland either. Otherwise you are removing a core feature from 75% of players and any new players attracted beyond that number, while allowing players who sit through inhuman queues to build bases and claim land during this transition period.

Disable all building. The end.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
The only equitable way to arrange this is to make it so that you cannot build structures on the "main" Myrland either. Otherwise you are removing a core feature from 75% of players and any new players attracted beyond that number, while allowing players who sit through inhuman queues to build bases and claim land during this transition period.

before speaking baotu equitable thing , let them implent siege weapon xd

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
It will get very messy if the 2nd server can have structures. Mainly when the servers are inevitably merged, might aswell avoid those issues and let people play in the overflow server temporarily while the population stabilizes. We all know this is temporary when the new players quit and a stable playerbase is established. So rather have people playing the game even if its limited (in buildings) so they can feel a form of progression and not get absolutely left behind by the players who poop in their socks to get online during reset.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's not that huge grind to build a small house, just let those who want to do it knowing it will be gone at some point do it. Maybe allow two houses - one per continent. It will make that new instance a bit more popular which will help in beating the queue boss. The closer it is to the mainland the better. No one will want to live on myrland demo.

Nah I'm good. lol. I never needed a house before, and neither do you. Experience the free flowing world, pvp, have fun! Come back to town.

I literally AM going to live in the Myrland demo because I like MO gameplay and world. I don't care about pixels and TC. The fact that, like I said, most people are offended by this, is great for me! It's a totally different game type for a different type of gamer.

Also, I am hoping for more than once instance!

Edit: And I think they might be surprised that it will be more of a success than you think (e.g. many people don't want/need TC... and they can leave them and never merge them, at least one :eek: )

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Nah I'm good. lol. I never needed a house before, and neither do you.
I like housing in these games, and many other people too. Especially i want it because i'm tired of parcels you know and with a house, i don't need to be a delivery boy even if workbench access is very limited. I was just planning to place a home today after the queue but FarmerJoe disagreed with me and rebooted the server. I would really hate to choose between queues and housing even if temporary, and i'm afraid mainland will be a queue boss fight arena anyway.

Reactions: Zandragal

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It will get very messy if the 2nd server can have structures. Mainly when the servers are inevitably merged, might aswell avoid those issues and let people play in the overflow server temporarily while the population stabilizes.
It's gonna be there at least for a month and i can build a couple of strongholds in that time, and i only need a small house. Don't care if it won't be merged when the additional server is gone. It just feels like an unnecessary nanny-state limitation to not allow us to build there if we accept that it's temporary.

Reactions: Zandragal

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
You could change from the Myrland instance to main Myrland and build your house. Where is the problem? The only problem would be the crowded main Myrland, which could run with a queue while the mirrors have no queue.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You could change from the Myrland instance to main Myrland and build your house. Where is the problem? The only problem would be the crowded main Myrland, which could run with a queue while the mirrors have no queue.
That depends on how easy it will be to go back and forth. If it's a statue per region then it's probably ok. I just hope the statue will not be in guarded town lmao.
But yeah on a second thought if i'd be able to place a house on both continents that would be a bit OP.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
It's gonna be there at least for a month and i can build a couple of strongholds in that time, and i only need a small house. Don't care if it won't be merged when the additional server is gone. It just feels like an unnecessary nanny-state limitation to not allow us to build there if we accept that it's temporary.
I know you are okay with the idea of rebuilding or losing your investment because you're looking at the long term of the game and willing to risk that investment. Most players aren't looking at the game in this lens and I assure you there would be a huge uproar from players not understanding why their houses are getting ripped from them.

All that adding housing on the 2nd server would do is bring headache and frustration for players and devs alike once they merge. I think SV would rather avoid these inevitable situations from arising with the downside being no butcher houses/ mining drop off points ect.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I like housing in these games, and many other people too. Especially i want it because i'm tired of parcels you know and with a house, i don't need to be a delivery boy even if workbench access is very limited. I was just planning to place a home today after the queue but FarmerJoe disagreed with me and rebooted the server. I would really hate to choose between queues and housing even if temporary, and i'm afraid mainland will be a queue boss fight arena anyway.

I understand that, but on the other hand, I am going to boldly predict that these 'no building' instances are going to be vastly more popular among people than you think. It's not going to be "a demo."

I wish you luck in your fight. I hope you also wish the no building people luck because I tend to believe MO would shine more as a game with static builds, and it could bring in a whole different pop. Sandbox can be just that you can choose your behavior and job, not necessarily that you have to be placing structures or, worse, terraforming. Sandbox is an idea, to me, a thought box. Real boxes do not excite me nearly as much.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

If the poor fuckers forced to play in mirror servers can't get to build structures nobody should. These SV kids learn nothing dude, such a poor criteria.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If the poor fuckers forced to play in mirror servers can't get to build structures nobody should. These SV kids learn nothing dude, such a poor criteria.

u guyses gonna be surprises when da no building thing draws people opposed to pushes them away ;)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
u guyses gonna be surprises when da no building thing draws people opposed to pushes them away ;)

That you ain't familiar nor want to play with houses doesn't mean they ain't a real asset/tool for players. And i don't see how anyone would find less content in the game more appealing.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That you ain't familiar nor want to play with houses doesn't mean they ain't a real asset/tool for players. And i don't see how anyone would find less content in the game more appealing.

We got like 8000+ people waiting to flood in, my dood, how do you know that 2000 of them aren't going to enjoy a more free for all environment? Nobody said they aren't an asset. Obviously they are. Less content is lack of mobs, etc. People put houses by spawns so they can camp them, zzz. Some people put houses ON spawns to kill them. Mo is a nice world as it is, but yes, it needs more content and some adjustment.

I'm just saying, you're gonna get a chance to see things from my PoV and make your own decision. Or just not play, I guess. I think it will be a learning experience for a lot of people because they will be forced to step outside of their normal loop. It will make world pvp much higher stakes.