Please let us build on the temporary myrland

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think the Myrland instances are a stop-gap solution and will soon give way to the proper other continents planned for later. Building on those temporary instances won't make any sense in the long term.

I plan on enjoying my time on the other Myrland instances for now until SV manages to upgrade the main Myrland instance to support more players so that 10k players will be able to play there comfortably.

At this point starting to believe they never gonna pull a 10k server, like someone said before by the nature of mortal's universe the game is ment" and should be able to hold at least half the server of a massive conflict in one particular place, this would mean they have to pull and be able to hold 5k people in one place, then the server rn can hold 2.8-3k?? total, and we are uncertain how many people would fit into one "node". So if they don't manage to substantially increase their capacity myrland won't ever be 1 server again.

Its debatable the duration of multiple myrlands in the game, they would probably have to change their dev agenda to make more empty continents to hold the population. But the apropiate way to go till they actually manage to understand how and if they can fix the main server is to dedicate a good amount of design into the multiserver approach, they want to make it shared to preserve this ideal myrland is one thing but then they say that other myrland instances won't have houses and then the people that have been already progressing in official myrland are obviously taking advantage of the situation.

The overall lack of capacity of implementing multiple, fast and successful game changes continously leads me to think they need to hire more and capable people, in a game where everything is progression some people are let into it and others are forced to play on the tutorial island if they don't want to play 26h queue to join online.
Yeah easy for me to say, yeah just hire more people! But don't they have a decent amount of the game copies sold? dont they have funding?
This "indie game company" shit excuse is getting old rapidly and it sucks balls these guys follow the gaming industry way to do things, broken and half baked shit.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
They should disable housing until they found a permanent solution be it multiple regional servers or one world server that can handle all players wanting to log in without a que.

Reactions: Xunila