Patch Notes 1.0.8.3 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3424450462177173466

Added
  • Five new creatures have been added to the world.
  • Several new point of interest locations have been added to the world.
  • Two new seasonal titles and achievements.
  • New seasonal mobs have been added to the graveyards.
  • You can now bind dedicated left and right attack keys. Similar to the existing overhead and thrust attack buttons.

Changes
  • Replaced several systems on the server to remove the major bottleneck that caused large fights with several hundred players to slow the server to a crawl, causing seconds of delay. Simulations show promising results but we want to run another group fight to confirm it in a real world scenario.
  • Replaced the game time synchronization routine to improve longrunning desync issues.
  • You can no longer report someone for murdering you if you die due to self inflicted damage. (Such as fall damage or spells you cast on yourself)
  • The combat item deletion block timer now only triggers when you are receiving PVP damage. Meaning you can still delete items from your inventory freely while fighting AI creatures.
  • The criminal timer no longer resets when you receive a murdercount.
  • Increased the VOIP range.
  • You can no longer place buy orders for trinkets.
  • We have replaced the first person procedural animation system to be able to add skillbased adjustments to for example archery. The animation should be more stable with less physics hitching and some improvements have been made to reduce the stiffness in some scenarios, like when missing a swing.
  • You will now be able to move out from nonplayer characters if you get stuck inside them.

Archery Changes
  • Stationary aim instability (when standing still) has been added to archery when on foot.
  • Stationary aim instability is now scaled by both Archery and Controlled Aiming skills when on foot. Archery contributes 40% and Controlled Aiming 60% of the total. With maxed skills the instability will be reduced at most by 95%.
  • Movement aim instability is now scaled by both Archery and Controlled Aiming skills. Archery contributes 40% and Controlled Aiming 60% of the total. With maxed skills the movement sway will be reduced at most by 80%. Controlling your movement is now important for a stable aim.
  • Movement aim instability is reduced during jumping and falling and is likely to change in the future.

Mounted Archery Changes
  • Mounted stationary aim instability (when standing still) has been added to mounted archery.
  • Mounted stationary aim instability is now scaled by both Mounted Archery and Controlled Aiming skills. Archery contributes 40% and Controlled Aiming 60% of the total. With maxed skills the instability will be reduced at most by 95%.
  • Mounted archery aim instability while moving has been added. This is based on the gait of the mount and is separate from stationary aim instability.
  • Mounted archery aim instability while moving is now scaled by Mounted Archery and Controlled Aiming skills. Mounted Archery contributes 60% and Controlled Aiming 40% of the total. With maxed skills the interference from the gait of the mount is reduced at most by 80%.
  • Mounted archery aim instability while moving is reduced while aiming sideways in relation to the mount. This is likely to change in the future.

Fixes
  • Reduced startup, shutdown and loading screen delays by improving voip initialization and shutdown routine.
  • You should now be able to see players attacking in melee and ranged from further away. This will alleviate issues with players charging their weapons from far away and running up to you. Often resulting in you not being able to see that they are charging their weapon until they attack.
  • Pets will now play their attack animations for their target even if they are far away from their owner.
  • Shoulder armor should now be hidden in first person while riding a mount.
  • Refactored player equipment and armor updates on the client to narrow down the “hidden weapons” issue where AI or players sometimes don’t hold their weapon in hand. Please keep sending us reports if it still happens in this patch.
  • Fixed missing hit sound effects for various creatures.
  • Fixed a minor bug where other players would not look in the right direction momentarily when loaded in or logging off.
  • Fixed bug causing UI elements like criminal buff UI to not appear on login.
  • Fixed wolves sometimes having the incorrect number of pet points.
  • Fixed being able to unequip pet armor/bags while dead.
  • The Alvarin Thaumatage clade now consumes reagents as intended when raising strong walkers.
  • Fixed being able to shoot arrows and spells through the gap between the doors on player owned strongholds.
  • Resolve an issue with the attack pattern of dire wolves.
  • Fixed players not appearing in the bounty hunter pool until they relog.
  • Fixed an issue where attack modifiers could get stuck if you exit combat while holding down the assigned key.
  • Fixed an issue with creature turn animations being turned off by accident that made them stiff while rotating.
  • Fixed missing idle pose for players when mounted with a spear.
  • Fixed an issue with fleeing AI where they initially looked like they were running at walk speed.
  • Fixed a bug in the broker buy order panel when using the editable page text.
  • Multiple improvements to the way items can be manipulated.
  • Potential fix for items disappearing in houses.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to stash items in a house chest wouldn't reload them in your inventory if the transfer somehow failed.
  • You can now right click items into the last slot of a house chest.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause Spirits orbs to sometimes not be considered destroyed.
  • You are no longer able to perform a ritual with criminal actions disabled.
  • You no longer take massive fall damage if you stay too long on top of a character and fall down.
  • Fixed an issue where spirits on a floor different from the one you are on can be interacted with when you should not be able to.
  • Several environment art fixes.
  • You can no longer push players in Haven.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
Shadow nerf MK not even mentioned in the patch notes. Buffed MM by reducing the viability of MA, which was how MM is countered, and even then it was still difficult to dismount an MM.

Reactions: Tzone
D

Deleted member 44

The new MA feels terrible. Why don't we have breath hold like we had in the first game to counter the wobble effects? Classic SV adding half baked bullshit to the game. Meanwhile, MMs and foot players still hit mounts for 100+ while MAs are required to look behind them to hit anything.

Reactions: Xunila and Tzone

manure

May 7, 2022
The only real good thing about this patch was to finally fix the murder count report suicide exploit...

The archery change could be good if, and only IF, we had more skill points available to add a new primary (controlled aiming).

Now, probably gonna have to change template for the tenth time... :mad:

Reactions: Xunila

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
This is a pvp game, sir.

off topic:
I guess I didnt know that since when i started playing in march, thx for sharing

on topic:
on archery is god now that you cant just equip a bow and you are a foot archer or a mounted archer now with this wobeling things are diferent, i teste and with 100 MA skill at 3rd speed horse the wobeling is unberable shooting in front and in back, so now I have to figure out were to get 200 points for Aiming technic and Controled Aiming eather that or go mage I guess

I like it now that you cant get dismounted by MA unless you have you deal with someone fully invested in MA like 500 points

good game SV :D

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Unless they changed MA wobble to be worse than MO1, I'll 'dapt. It is strange. You hear people talking about what should be changed, and it's v v v strange how certain things get changed and other things... don't.

Gotta try it myself, but like I said, I can't imagine it being that bad. I think this might buff ME because I fire not based on holding the crosshairs on something but as a kinda rhythm drag. This is kinda off topic, but re: MA you guys might wanna try my way :D

So basically two things are true. Or were true in MO1... where I adopted my style. WOBBLE happens but it's rhythm based and it doesn't like wobble wildly, it's consistent. Your bow will always draw to the same place, that's how you can pepper someone w/ head shots, or could before. Knowing these two things, I usually drag my aim to the side. Like I pull it across then release, if the wobble is consistent, you just have to figure out the distance ( I haven't tried it yet, so I'll have to see...) that the wobble comes back to the firing point and drag that distance, if that makes sense?

REALLY think having to spec controlled aiming is dogshit. I'm not gonna, but the part that pisses me off is that people will prol not even have to deal w/ wobble. Fucking 95/80% less w/ all spec, that's way too much! I could switch ova tho from marks. I never held my breath in MO1, either, seemed like a waste of time.

Again, don't put the crosshairs ON people and try to keep it there, start somewhere else and move into them.

This is gonna be a long post, but the whole horse mercy mode thing and mercy-ing people's horse then shooting them NEEDS TO GO. Stupid 'exploit' that is not WAI. I dunno why they didn't take that shit out. I dunno why they didn't take out the extra horse dmg from lore by now, either.

And yea they buffed MM, now they nerf MA. Maybe MANA dudes are pumping money into the game. The part that sucks, to me, is like I said ya got your finger on your pulse and you hear people suggesting all of the changes a lot of them make sense, but only certain ones get implemented. I def think lo spec archers needed a nerf in some way, like 5050 dudes, but I dunno if this was it.

Gotta see. MORE THOUGHTS LATER, but yea re: MA wobble, do it like I do it. I'm NOT GOOD AT AIMING. I suck at FPS. But I'm able to get pretty consistent hits (I hope the desync thing works for MA because I miss a ton before I get the 'sync' right.)

If they made that shit like 'full run wobble,' SV is clowning themselves and prol gonna end up reverting.

The fact you can more or less spec out of the change is really, really bad design. Sure, give it some help, maybe like max 50% less wobble... lol it makes me think the wobble is gonna be really heavy.

Yoooouu guysssss...

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The new MA feels terrible. Why don't we have breath hold like we had in the first game to counter the wobble effects? Classic SV adding half baked bullshit to the game. Meanwhile, MMs and foot players still hit mounts for 100+ while MAs are required to look behind them to hit anything.

Because your breathing isnt what is causing the wobble. Dont know if you noticed but you're on a horse.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
So for foot archery, is maxed controlled aiming now 80% less sway than we had before? Or did foot archery get nerfed and you need the skills to still be worse. I ran into a couple good foot archers before and IDK how they did it, the sway was insane. Good change for MA because it was stupid that foot had insane sway, and MA had none, while going faster and not being able to run out of player stamina, while using a stronger bow.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So overall this is a good patch... BUT...

Where is the Human Clade rework that you said was coming?

Where is Arrow crafting?

Where is TC?

Where is Siege?

Where is better pet pathing?

And is this going to be the pace of new mobs? 8 months after you show them to us we can expect them in game?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I know people hate MA because it kills your horse then runs away but actually trying to hit a moving player is hard. And if they are wearing decent armor you dont do much damage. Archery is OP against bad armor but not viable against good armor.

With how much the game stutters, freezes, laggs and has poor frames it was already a challenge to hit a player as ma if they were trying to not get hit. Horses are easy. If the game wasnt a garbage can of bugs and lags and hickups I could be fine with MA wobble but shit freezes constantly so IDK if its bad.

MM still the most OP class it wont get fixed. For a year now its been broken op but they just buff it instead if that tells anyone about how they understand this game.

• Haha
Reactions: Elijah

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
First time I have voted a patch being good. Usually patches for me are below average or average. My main gripe is how much stronger mounted magery is becoming every patch with changes. While the latest archery changes were needed(though a little over tuned IMO) it just widens the gap between build effectiveness. Mounted Mages need some balancing - Not a huge nerf to their viability but some tuning down.