Patch Notes 1.0.8.3 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
From the notes "certain root vegetables like karotons often swelling to an enormous size"

I was really hoping for giant karoton spawns lol. Found nothing but regular spawns after about 2 hrs of zig-zagging through the northern steppe firmwood forests :(.

*edit*Checking all root or root-ish veggies - karoton, cepa, finol, allium, .. gerkin.. all seem normal. real sad.

Last edited:

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I don't have a problem with the archery changes. I can even live with the fact that if I am serious about archery as the main element of my build, I have to find another 100 points and gimp something else. It seems a reasonable change to draw a line between archery builds, and builds that just carry a bow on horseback.

What I do have a problem with is that I can't buy the book and train the skill. Nave lore says that the Khurites are skilled horsemen and horse archers, and Controlled Aiming is one of the skills under the Mounted Archery tree, so it should be available from the Khurite Trainer Librarian. It's not. It's nowhere to be found. Did they screw up and forget to put it there? Did they say "sod the lore" and tuck it away somewhere as part of some stupid "hunt the skill book" content?

To find out, I sent a ticket to the GM. I sent a Discord message to Enki. I asked Robmo. Nobody bothered to reply.

Here's a tip for SV. If you introduce a change that you know will be controversial, and if you don't want to piss off even the players who support the change, introduce it properly, following the game lore, and communicate what you are doing.

EDIT: SV forgot to put the skill book in game! It's now available from the Khurite Trainer Librarian as intended, so at least it's fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
What is worse, if some peeps go into MC because they don't wanna spend points in MA Henrik is gonna think MC is fine since the spreadsheets say so

MC is fine. I rolled around in the beta as MC and smacked the shit out of anybody on the ground. Pretty much guaranteed one shots on mages. Chunking other players for 120+. It's actually really fun, but definitely needs to be completed to be super effective.

MA just isn't free anymore, and footies mad. I'd also be mad if the main thing that made me stronger than everyone else got nerfed, and nerf isn't even the right word for it. It just got fully implemented. Finally. Henrik announced in a stream like a year ago that this was going to happen, and probably said it several other times since.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
MC is fine. I rolled around in the beta as MC and smacked the shit out of anybody on the ground. Pretty much guaranteed one shots on mages. Chunking other players for 120+. It's actually really fun, but definitely needs to be completed to be super effective.

MA just isn't free anymore, and footies mad. I'd also be mad if the main thing that made me stronger than everyone else got nerfed, and nerf isn't even the right word for it. It just got fully implemented. Finally. Henrik announced in a stream like a year ago that this was going to happen, and probably said it several other times since.

Yep... rolling around with 50 archery and zero MA skills and still dropping horses like they are M1A2 Abrams tanks.. welp bucko time to suck it up.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I vote average. I did enjoy trolling GY a bit and will prol do it more. Hopefully there will be alil force so we don't have to do subterfuge on greys and can actually all be open pvp. I think this has been my first 'large environment' fight since beta prol, muchwow. That was fun. The loot is fun. Still think events are trash content and harmful long term. :eek: Esp to a 'serious game,' but I don't take it srs anymore.

Need to def get used to wobble. I shoot tree branches for practice, v hard in 3rd. Controlled aiming is afaik not in the game at dude who asked. I wasn't around much yest, and I told my friend to sub a ticket and the GM said not in game, and then he said in help chat, and someone was like LOL NUB ITS ON DISCORD, or somethin', but p sure it's not in the game. So, that's a big strike. When you don't see the note "added controlled aiming book," you kind of wonder! But maybe it is in the game.

The MC grey reset WAS DUMB. The pve no-delete WAS DUMB. I am v happy to get rid of them, but I can't give them too much credit because it WAS DUMB in the first place.

People got invisible pets now btw... dunno how long that has been an issue.

More shoulder pad removal +

No more getting stuck inside Hyl priest (assuming?) +

The ironic best part of the patch is what I hate most = events. lol First the GY was not a pvp hot spot (rep,) and now it is. Didn't get good pvp, but it's a different kind of back stabbing "get this guy," etc, plus dudes were trollan last night and got played alil :D

It's really good to see people in the same place. It doesn't have to be fighting. I still want SV to work on adding more reasons for players to interact and gather (even if it's like IF 10 people stand around this area for 15 min, something spawns.) That's when the game is good and you forget about all the wack shit.

The reason I am not too happy is a lot of changes I've been asking for are not getting implemented. Like the clade issue. Still, average! NOT BAD. To clarify, an average patch wouldn't be like one step back one step forward, it would be like... one step forward. You'd expect an average patch to be A LITTLE better.

PEACE.

Edit: MC is not fine, and won't be fine until a skill like mounted charge (or others) allows you to go faster/maybe be more vulnerable to KD or less control on the turn for a burst. If you can't close the gap, it's not fine, because your horse is a big target for arrows. There HAS to be a close the gap mechanic beyond horse type/armor type because anyone can spec that.

Edit2: they shoulda made GY open pvp at least at night :p They might wanna think about doing it forever, but at least during event hue hue.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Nice event but with same guard zone or graveyard fights as in MO1.
Finally some points of interest in the MK area.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
List of items looted in the "Autumn Hunt Event":
- fresh Walker head
- karoton
- cuprum ring with red coral
- silver ring with red coral
- cuprum amulet with red coral
- adamant engrave tip
- cuprum recharge polish
- gold recharge polish
- minor bandages
- broadhead arrows
- campfire
- silver Coin
- karoton lantern unlit
- purple karoton lantern unlit

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
List of items looted in the "Autumn Event":
- fresh Walker head
- karoton
- adamant engrave tip
- cuprum flux
- minor bandages
- broadhead arrows
- campfire
- silver Coin
- karoton lantern unit

And dont forget the cool titles...lol

Reactions: Amelia

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
List of items looted in the "Autumn Event":
- fresh Walker head
- karoton
- adamant engrave tip
- cuprum flux
- minor bandages
- broadhead arrows
- campfire
- silver Coin
- karoton lantern unit

my boy got massive shit. You'd prol cry if you knew haha. He even was getting shit after they nerfed the rate. I think he's got everything of season + those branding items and trinks. Depends on time tho. I mean this is over prol 10-12 hours I would imagine.

I didn't get anything when I was in GY but I was just trying to fight people and poking some zombos. I looted, but I only got heads n carrots, bandaids/arrows. I even killed the general and got nothing, which was, for me, a big disappointment. I'd go as far as to say I bet the general didn't even get his loot table changed, cuz SV. But I was only in there for like 1 hr and most of the time was dipping in and out to bandaid (cuz I'm lean haha) and fighting people.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
my boy got massive shit. You'd prol cry if you knew haha. He even was getting shit after they nerfed the rate. I think he's got everything of season + those branding items and trinks.
Like ? Lol

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
my boy got massive shit. You'd prol cry if you knew haha. He even was getting shit after they nerfed the rate. I think he's got everything of season + those branding items and trinks. Depends on time tho. I mean this is over prol 10-12 hours I would imagine.

I didn't get anything when I was in GY but I was just trying to fight people and poking some zombos. I looted, but I only got heads n carrots, bandaids/arrows. I even killed the general and got nothing, which was, for me, a big disappointment. I'd go as far as to say I bet the general didn't even get his loot table changed, cuz SV. But I was only in there for like 1 hr and most of the time was dipping in and out to bandaid (cuz I'm lean haha) and fighting people.

I spent an hour in the gy last night.. got a 149 walker heads. 1 cuprum ring, 1 lantern, 80 arrows, 66 karaton, and 80 bandages.

Not exactly stellar but also not horrible.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like ? Lol

lol I just said: pretty sure he got every rare seasonal drop, including the rarest (this is according to him, cuz I wasn't there, and I dunno what the table even is tbh) so like the decorations, etc, I dunno, whatever else is on the table? Look it up; I'm just going by what he said. And then like 4 of those inscribes, a few odd polishes and trinks (p sure he didn't get anything like a gold trink tho.)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Double post, just a Sunday musing: I will never understand pvp communities and their reaction to balance patches. Some people are like woah, some people are like FUHH, and some people are like HAHA BOUT TIME. You know?

It's p toxic when you consider that seems to be factored (emotion, personal "I got dunked by...") in the balance equation, and yea... from playing a few games over the years, I think it does. It's only w/ RPG like games tho, never experienced such things in sports games or like fighters.

Edit: If I can change my vote to BAD I am going to because THEY ARE GOING TO REVERT THE MA CHANGE or "NERF" it. They did the drop thing w/ the event.. and they didn't even have controlled aiming in the game when they patched it. Fucking RIP how can you decide to balance something... like 60% this... 40% this when the skill isn't even in the game. I assume it's on test server or w/e but... hard fail. OK now gonna play MO! MEET ME THERE.

Edit2: changing my vote back to average. haha.

Last edited:

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
List of items looted in the "Autumn Hunt Event":
- fresh Walker head
- karoton
- adamant engrave tip
- cuprum flux
- minor bandages
- broadhead arrows
- campfire
- silver Coin
- karoton lantern unlit
- purple karoton lantern unlit
And now all I gotten after hours of grinding was a bunch of Karoton and Walker heads. A few minor Bandages and arrows. Nothing else seems to be dropping for how much I been spending time in there. They nerfed it way to much in my view.

Oh and when I go into the Ether to refill my spirit boxes, nothing new there. Event talked about some mist bring in things, which made me think that there would also be stuff in the ether.