Patch Notes 0.1.0.11 Discussion

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The standings system is actually beautifully aligned with the lore. I´m sure Mats had a hand in that.

I like the idea behind the new standing system very much. A player has to think about attacking other players instead of just killing everybody. I'm waiting for more information about increasing the standing. In yesterday's discord discussion with Henrik has been some word about the possibility to increase the standing with one faction by killing of another faction. But I hope to see some ways like killing e.g. bandits in front of a city to increase the standing with that faction.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I like the idea behind the new standing system very much. A player has to think about attacking other players instead of just killing everybody. I'm waiting for more information about increasing the standing. In yesterday's discord discussion with Henrik has been some word about the possibility to increase the standing with one faction by killing of another faction. But I hope to see some ways like killing e.g. bandits in front of a city to increase the standing with that faction.

From a lore perspective it is very cool. In terms of gameplay I foresee that people will farm whatever mob/player that gives the best standing bonus, then kill however many they can inside their home base. To prevent this from happening SV would have to develop a very intricate system of controls (so that for example farming alt-accounts is not possible) and checks. Once they have done that someone will break it again.

I think guards should not attack based on the standings system, but rather only on whatever is going on around them (simulated by the criminal flag). That would limit the amount of possible exploitation drastically.

Standings could then be used for things like priests not reviving you, traders prices going up (deeds f.e.), certain items not being available (books) and the general tone (like guards are cursing us now). Bribes should be required to be higher. Taxes on resources and gold in your bank could levied.

Lastly the ways to generate good and bad standing should be plentiful and not only combat related.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
From a lore perspective it is very cool. In terms of gameplay I foresee that people will farm whatever mob/player that gives the best standing bonus, then kill however many they can inside their home base. To prevent this from happening SV would have to develop a very intricate system of controls (so that for example farming alt-accounts is not possible) and checks. Once they have done that someone will break it again.

I think guards should not attack based on the standings system, but rather only on whatever is going on around them (simulated by the criminal flag). That would limit the amount of possible exploitation drastically.

Standings could then be used for things like priests not reviving you, traders prices going up (deeds f.e.), certain items not being available (books) and the general tone (like guards are cursing us now). Bribes should be required to be higher. Taxes on resources and gold in your bank could levied.

Lastly the ways to generate good and bad standing should be plentiful and not only combat related.

And if guilds can control towns, they should have direct control over these things.

Reactions: Eldrath

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
That would be a lazy way to handle it, surely it is possible to make the AI work in a less exploited manner.
I hope they'll go that route instead of just slapping a ranged weapon on them and calling it a day.
But we will see, looks promising for the first rendition of AI in MO2.

It's very hard to fix such an issue in a game like MO. So either they pull out a bow or run away, anything else would take way too long to work out.

Would be cool if they AI could also understand what type of combat it's target is in (melee or ranged) and adapt accordingly. That is something that would be a better focus point rather than spending weeks on working out how to stop players from exploiting.

Reactions: Rhias

you

Nov 30, 2020
It's very hard to fix such an issue in a game like MO. So either they pull out a bow or run away, anything else would take way too long to work out.

Would be cool if they AI could also understand what type of combat it's target is in (melee or ranged) and adapt accordingly. That is something that would be a better focus point rather than spending weeks on working out how to stop players from exploiting.
Oh ok..
can't argue with that.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
MK doesn't appear to have any of the backdrop type shortcuts to the north or south or did i just not look hard enough ?
only seems to be the high and low roads in.. sure is hooooge though