Patch Notes 0.1.0.11 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/beta-patch-notes-0-1-0-11.1058/

Added:
  • Added Morin Khur as a starting location.
  • Added new map area around Morin Khur.
  • Added aggressive AI.
  • Added defensive AI.
  • Added guard AI.
  • Bow aim method added as option in settings. (aim with crosshair or arrow tip)
  • Built new chat bubbles used by AI to communicate.
  • Added Guards to cities.
  • Added bandits to the wilderness.
  • AI can now carry and use shields .
  • AI can now carry and use bows.
  • AI can now carry and use melee weapons.

Changes:
  • Charged attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
  • Increased pitch sensitivity in click-drag.
  • Updated weather.
  • Updated environment sounds.
  • Landscape optimization. (Textures, gaps, collision issues etc.)
  • Major optimization work on all UI.
  • CPU bottleneck in the UI fixed, resulting in better game performance. (Please try using DX12 again if you have been using DX11 for performance reasons.)

Fixes:
  • Charge attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
  • Fixed bug where death and resurrect sequences would not play camera animation.
  • Fixed issues with time sync .
  • Moving AI should now more correctly follow the ground instead of hovering.
  • Nation Standings now change correctly depending on your race.
  • Nation Standings min max is now correctly calculated.
  • Nation Standing names update to better reflect the current standing .
  • Fixed a rare chat crash .
  • Fixed rare server crash .
  • Fixed issue where server could desync the time and cause major issues for all AI.
  • Fixed issue with AI seeing dead players .
  • Improved AI leash when too far away from spawner.

Known Issues:
  • Logging in when dead will display equipment on self.
  • Logging in while dead and resurrecting will cause sounds to not play. (Relog once again to fix.)
  • Some static NPC's float slightly above the ground.
  • Guards and bandits do not always enter mercy mode correctly.
  • Ai has some pathing issues being worked on. (Not always taking the shortest straight path)

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
first impression for the patch:

- performance: very postive! definitely an improvement when using DX12 on a mid-range machine. not only i had 0 crashes so far, but could improve graphical options while running lower temps on GPU.

- gameplay options: positive! really like the new options for arrows and keyboard attack modifiers

- bandits UI: need to test more, but so far melee combat is hard (with multiple on you) but can be still cheesed with arrows

Dec 10, 2020
Guards are currently more of a benefit for griefers who delete and remake to drop aggro, and are only hurting players that kill known griefers but can't do the same for various testing purposes.

New city is very laggy

Kranesh is still a lagfest.

UI is bugged and keeps the settings menu at a gigantic resolution and does not shrink to adjust to smaller resolutions.

New crashes appearing

Performance elsewhere is better.

Partial charged attacks not taking a full charge animation is positive.

Tl;dr guards at this stage were a big mistake but positive overall to me...

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
The bandit AI is rather nice for the alpha stage. They seem to known when to block etc. Pathing has issues as mentioned but also they do seem to lose the player if the player is slightly out of the navmesh.

I believe that all humanoid AIs should have access to a bow to reduce the exploiting (but should only switch if the player is out of reach) .

I also hope SV invests in voice overs rather than just text bubbles.

May 28, 2020
The bandit AI is rather nice for the alpha stage. They seem to known when to block etc. Pathing has issues as mentioned but also they do seem to lose the player if the player is slightly out of the navmesh.

I believe that all humanoid AIs should have access to a bow to reduce the exploiting (but should only switch if the player is out of reach) .

Seb said that humanoids without ranged weapons are going to flee when the player goes to unreachable locations. Although that's also kinda weird behavior lol. Maybe they should do something unrealistic like lassoing the player if they can't reach them, but that would go against the realism rules. 🤣

you

Nov 30, 2020

That would be a lazy way to handle it, surely it is possible to make the AI work in a less exploited manner.
I hope they'll go that route instead of just slapping a ranged weapon on them and calling it a day.
But we will see, looks promising for the first rendition of AI in MO2.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I always thought having the bandits switch to a bow was kind of lame and made them not really worth killing, i.e. too much work for too little reward.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
New city is very laggy

Kranesh is still a lagfest.

Just as an FYI for feedback Evelyn (thanks for the heads up about the Bandits location btw):

Lag = low ping, players teleporting around, attack hits delayed etc.

Low FPS = Poor performance, too demanding/unoptimized graphics.

Not trying to be a nerd, but it's important for what they need to fix, "lag" could vary by city, but would likely be because of the # of players in the city, poor FPS would be because the city has a lot more demanding graphics.

On bows - Why is whether or not all or no bandits should have a bow a discussion? Some bandits should have bows (and be skilled with them) others not.

Still testing, but my general impressions so far:
  • Props on the amont of content, AI, guards, Bandits, combat system changes, huge new city/landmass, new weathe, plus control changes is a huge amount of content for a 2 week patch.
  • Performance definitely improved for me, from ~30 fps last patch at 4K/Epic settings with DLSS (on a 3080 egpu) to around 60 now.
  • Need to test combat more, but so far appreciate the ability to release early.
  • New city looks freaking great. Love the varied design (Asian style) and it's huge, as well as the real feeling of being up on a cliff with wooden walkways and going along a gorge on the way in.
  • New weather is neat (ie snow), but it's a bit odd, I had a huge amount of snow particles, but the clouds weren't heavy and there is no snow on the ground so it looks more like a filter than actual weather. I like that it disappears when you go under a roof, but often if I'm walking through a gate for example, I don't see any snow on the other side until I start to actually exit.
  • Guards are cool, placement seems a bit random and basically zero behavior (as opposed to patroling etc). Spamming insults at me is also a bit off.
  • Have crashed a number of times, my friend twice while loading, and me just walking around (once just kicked back to login, the other a full CTD with D3D error).
  • No bandit encounters yet, but looking forward to it!

Reactions: Xunila and Vagrant

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
On bows - Why is whether or not all or no bandits should have a bow a discussion? Some bandits should have bows (and be skilled with them) others not.
Because you are God and say it must be so? : - )

Dec 10, 2020
Just as an FYI for feedback Evelyn (thanks for the heads up about the Bandits location btw):

Lag = low ping, players teleporting around, attack hits delayed etc.

Low FPS = Poor performance, too demanding/unoptimized graphics.

Not trying to be a nerd, but it's important for what they need to fix, "lag" could vary by city, but would likely be because of the # of players in the city, poor FPS would be because the city has a lot more demanding graphics.
Oh, yeah no that's totally valid. To clarify, I can go there alone and be the only player there and FPS just drops to a slideshow. No hyperbole, like stop-motion animation. On the other hand, I can go to GK and get 120FPS or 60FPS staring at the ocean sunset. Everywhere that isn't Kranesh or the new city is fine. It's not demanding graphics I don't think causing the issue, maybe there's a bunch of unoptimized assets or something 'cause I always play with everything on minimum/off regardless.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Called it. Flagging always benefits those that exploit it.

Differences in release:
  • 1 character per account
  • You spawn with nothing (on Haven)
I honestly can't see how what Evelyn is describing (in particular) would be possible on release. I do still think there should be in-game disincentives for repeatedly dying to guards or "naked fighting" people, but I don't see the guards as the problem here.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
the snow is decent, haven't seen the rain since patch but there's still the problem that I barely see clouds when it rained, and now in heavy snow fall I still see little to no cloud.

I wonder if it's likely the rain and snow might interact with the water or ground surfaces ? probably just add to impact i guess.

near cloudless sky under heavy snowfall in MK;
1609397790306.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Svaar

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
the snow is decent, haven't seen the rain since patch but there's still the problem that I barely see clouds when it rained, and now in heavy snow fall I still see little to no cloud.

I wonder if it's likely the rain and snow might interact with the water or ground surfaces ? probably just add to impact i guess.

near cloudless sky under heavy snowfall in MK;
View attachment 632
Henrik has stated the weather system is incomplete, so perhaps more to come with the Engine upgrade.

Reactions: Vagrant

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Differences in release:
  • 1 character per account
  • You spawn with nothing (on Haven)
I honestly can't see how what Evelyn is describing (in particular) would be possible on release. I do still think there should be in-game disincentives for repeatedly dying to guards or "naked fighting" people, but I don't see the guards as the problem here.

Yes, it will require more investment. The return both in materials and frustration in the players killed will be greater as well.

Known bad apples will hide behind the system and those that hunt them will get punished.

Not to mention that no one bothers two have 2 accounts yet.

You can bump my flagging thread if you want to discuss it further. Not really the meat of this one. I just could resist a told you so.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yes, it will require more investment. The return both in materials and frustration in the players killed will be greater as well.

Known bad apples will hide behind the system and those that hunt them will get punished.

Not to mention that no one bothers two have 2 accounts yet.

You can bump my flagging thread if you want to discuss it further. Not really the meat of this one. I just could resist a told you so.
Even if you can literally attack the bad apples in town without consequence in the new flagging system?

I know people stay blue but it’ll be better than mo 1 flagging

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Even if you can literally attack the bad apples in town without consequence in the new flagging system?

I know people stay blue but it’ll be better than mo 1 flagging

Oh, I´m not saying it worse than MO 1. Although we have not seen the full implementation yet.

I predict that the bad apples will make sure that they are in the best possible standing with whatever town they do their "business" in. So you attacking them will have consequences. I feel that you guys are coming from most idiotic form of "griefer". I think we can give our more toxic members of the community more credit. They get very creative when it comes to using a system against those that it is supposed to protect.

Now we wait.

The standings system is actually beautifully aligned with the lore. I´m sure Mats had a hand in that.

Reactions: Rhias and Xunila