Patch Notes 0.0.0.90 Discussion

Kiluvian

Oct 31, 2020
If the above video is the current combat, that's actually not half bad at all. I feel like they need to make it so that each character's strength attribute determines the impact behind each attack. If the character parrying the attack has weaker strength, then they should get knocked back according to the disparity in strength. Little to no disparity in strength should result in a parry that allows you to counter attack. The next stage would be to knock the character off balance, preventing them from parrying the next attack in time. Obviously, a high disparity in strength should knock them back and down so that they need to get up to recover.

In the video above, let's say the two duelists are of equivalent strength attribute, or at least close enough, then the fight should come down to player skill or who has more stamina. I better not find out that blocking and parrying doesn't cost stamina...

Adding impact factor as I stated above seems like the best solution to keep most fights from becoming a parry stalemate.

• Sad
Reactions: Kallardian Prince

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I think it would be a mistake not to tweak both the turn cap and movement speed.

The parry after hitting is really cool though I must admit, and honestly the blocked hits were just cancer i'd rather see something else.
I hope they speed movement up and remove the turncap, but it seems they are banking hard on those special moves to fix combat... which I dont even see on the roadmap. If they really plan on releasing end of this year its gonna be horrible unbalanced and/or broken...

By parry after hitting you mean its faster after connecting a hit and bigger recovery time after missing? I guess they did listen to some of my feedback after all hehe, that is probably one of the few cool things about the patch. And bows are decent too. The parry arc thing was just an overkill, I mean they already supposedly fixed prediction with the slowness, you shouldnt really be able to abuse it that much anymore.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Isn´t the root cause the physical limitations of the internet?

We sometimes see getting hit from several meters far away. Let's assume the ping of the player is 200ms. If the internet/ping is the issue then the player would need to be able to move several meters within 200ms, which he is obviously not.

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
Nice patch, some really solid updates.
I do wish someone would make videos for every single update, something short and on point showcasing all the latest features, areas, dungeons etc.
It would be a good marketing tool!

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
With all due respect, I see a lot of resentment in your comment. There are many classic criticisms of this community. I don't think the MO community is bad. You can meet people of all kinds just like in any other game. This established idea that the MO community is problematic is not true. For the rest, everyone has their opinion.
And Rolufe is nice guy! xd
Rolufe is a dead man walking.

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Has anybody been able to trigger this effect and could show how it works? Cause I´ve been trying and my attacks always take some stamina when I charge them.
It means the player collision doesn't drain EXTRA stam anymore. You know how they made it take stam instead of swing cancelling, now they just removed it entirely is basically what that is saying.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I do not like him. He will be dead anytime I see him. You too, trader.

I like Rolufe. He is a reasonable person. I do not know the reasons for his hostility, but on the other hand, it is none of my business.
Regarding your threats against me ... ahahahaha.
Don't bother wasting your time threatening me.

You nor any of your associates will ever see me.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I like Rolufe. She is a reasonable person. I do not know the reasons for his hostility, but on the other hand, it is none of my business.
Regarding your threats against me ... ahahahaha.
Don't bother wasting your time threatening me.

You nor any of your associates will ever see me.

You calling Rolufe a 'She' honestly has made me laugh. I agree, Rolufe is a 'She' by the way she acts.

• Haha

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
You calling Rolufe a 'She' honestly has made me laugh. I agree, Rolufe is a 'She' by the way she acts.

I use translate sorry. I had business relation with Rolufe in Myrland in old days, and he was always serious and respectful of our agreements. He always trusted my bank, so as far as I am concerned, Rolufe is a trustworthy person who deserves respect. I judge others by the way they treat me, not by the rumors that others spread about them.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I use translate sorry. I had business relation with Rolufe in Myrland in old days, and he was always serious and respectful of our agreements. He always trusted my bank, so as far as I am concerned, Rolufe is a trustworthy person who deserves respect. I judge others by the way they treat me, not by the rumors that others spread about them.

You and everyone else are my enemy.