Patch Notes 0.0.0.90 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-0-0-0-90.624/

Added:
  • Added Meduli landscape area.
  • Added new city, Meduli. (Optimizing work in progress)
  • Added Meduli as a new starting location.
  • Added shield crafting.
  • Added armor crafting.
  • Added Archery. (Bows and arrows can be found on the Material Supplier)
  • Simple swimming has been added, you can currently not swim in combat mode.
  • New emotes added. (type /emote in local chat)
  • Added player character level of detail. (LOD's for bodies, armors, hairstyles)
  • Added client side movement prediction to improve player positioning.
  • Added support for canceling emotes on movement.
  • Added skill animations for crafting.
  • Added animations for bandages.
  • Added support for opening GM tickets, note GMs aren't currently in MO2 very much as they are still working in MO1.
  • Added support for proper cool downs. (currently can only be seen in action bars)
  • Added separate turn caps for [Idle: 1100, Block: 1100, Attack Charge: 600, Attack Release: 600]
  • Thursar beard added.

Changes:
  • Removed ultra DLSS since NVidia tells us it's not ready.
  • Optimized login back-end for faster initial login.
  • Optimized updates from clients to other clients.
  • Circle compass is now smaller.
  • Updated crafting tables and character sheet.
  • Bandages now work as in MO1 with a 10 sec timer before the HP is updated and 20 sec cool down.
  • Rebuilt parts of the skill window, it should now work a lot better.
  • You can now right click on skills anywhere to trigger them.
  • You now leave combat mode when resting.
  • Changed perfect block calculation methods to a more exact calculation on the server.
  • Updated clade gift animation.
  • Update all races glade gifts to their new update game design. Note that very few of these still work and their icons and most names are just placeholder.
  • Clade gifts can now give skill level bonuses, if a skill gets bonus from a clade gift this can be seen in the skill window.
  • Forcing players out of combat mode can now force the player into combat again after the action has been performed. For example using a bandage now force the player out of combat mode then does the bandage animation and force the player into combat again once it's completed.
  • Removed stack size from crafting windows to avoid confusion since crafting takes materials from all stacks in your inventory.
  • Update a whole lot of tool tips.
  • Change the look of the clade UI to make it easier to read what state each clade gift is in.
  • All loading and charge circles now goes from (like a clock) 12-12 instead of 09-09
  • Slightly increased the server sided arch for perfect blocks.
  • Movement speed reduced.
  • Player acceleration reduced.
  • Combat attacks are now synchronized between players (tolerable up to 400 ms latency)
  • Players are now allowed to attack or block again directly after hitting an enemy.
  • Players have to recover longer after missing an enemy before being able to attack or block again.
  • Players no longer lose stamina when charging an attack directly after a hit while the weapon is still inside the opponent.
  • Spear 2H animations updated.
  • PoleAxe animations updated.
  • Sword 2H animations updated.
  • Player locomotion now adjusts playback based on character size.
  • Time of day sequence updated. (new sun and moon orbits) Currently set to summer month at northern latitude (short nights)
  • Improved animation blends in attacks.
  • Several existing hairstyles polished.
  • Player can no longer strafe in mercy mode.
  • Emotes now turn off as soon as you start moving. (temporary change until emote-specific behavior is implemented)
  • Turn cap implementation fundamentally changed. (it had issues due to the mouse input bug, listed under fixes)
  • Loading screen sequence has been improved. (slightly faster, better fades)
  • The player can now move as soon as the loading screen fades out.
  • Improved time synchronization with server.
  • Character pose has been adjusted when looking up and down to reduce masking of attack directions.

Fixes:
  • Clouds no longer affects the eyes on the characters. (translucency sorting issue)
  • Fixed presets for crafting not working correctly.
  • Fixed issue with trading buttons not updating correctly on second trade.
  • Fixed vendor issues with very large expensive stacks.
  • Fixed several issues in the clade gift UI.
  • Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
  • Fixed bug that made right-clicking on items in inventory to add them to trade or crafting not work if you had moved the window.
  • Fixed an issue where alt invert affected blocks directions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parry effects to play twice sometimes.
  • Fixed Mouse input bug fixed. (it was previously unstable and could vary with frame rate and other reasons)
  • Fixed bug where player would get stuck in charge if using click-drag after doing a short click.
  • Player arms no longer stretch in first person when moving forward/backward.
  • Players now properly backpedal in mercy mode.
  • Weapons no longer disappear on other players if the body is outside the screen.
  • World landscape fixes.
  • Player now smoothly gains control at the end of the resurrect sequence.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I suspect that the slower combat may be part of SV's solution to try to help reduce the effects of latency, possibly.

Yes, and to improve prediction related issues. Basically it is supposed to avoid the "being hit from 3 meters away" problem, or being hit while you opponent is facing the other way.

I have only fought a couple of duels, but it seems there is still a lot of room for finetuning. We also need those "special" moves asap because they are supposed to balance combat. Giving feedback feels somewhat pointless when there are options to get around parries in the future that would dramatically change combat.

Without being able to play offensively winning a 1vX will be impossible.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yes, and to improve prediction related issues. Basically it is supposed to avoid the "being hit from 3 meters away" problem, or being hit while you opponent is facing the other way.

I have only fought a couple of duels, but it seems there is still a lot of room for finetuning. We also need those "special" moves asap because they are supposed to balance combat. Giving feedback feels somewhat pointless when there are options to get around parries in the future that would dramatically change combat.

Without being able to play offensively winning a 1vX will be impossible.
That's actually fixing synthoms and not the root cause. :(

Movement was already slow and now it got even slower...

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
There is also an issue in aiming with bows - you can't aim for longer distances, because your arm is blocking the whole view below the crosshair. As someone said that animation might be a placeholder, but for now its nah

Kiluvian

Oct 31, 2020
As a new person here, I haven't even been in the game yet, but the slow combat I've seen was my biggest complaint. Combat is literally the backbone of this game, it should be both fun and challenging. What I have seen so far does not look fun or challenging. Slowing down the pace of combat to resolve latency issues is just lazy, it is not a fix. You should be able to get off 3 attacks per second with poor latency and still be viable.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
As a new person here, I haven't even been in the game yet, but the slow combat I've seen was my biggest complaint. Combat is literally the backbone of this game, it should be both fun and challenging. What I have seen so far does not look fun or challenging. Slowing down the pace of combat to resolve latency issues is just lazy, it is not a fix. You should be able to get off 3 attacks per second with poor latency and still be viable.

F you haven't been inside, don't you think you should try it before speaking? I'm not a warrior, but the combat looks pretty good, and the rest of the game looks amazing. You should try it.

Kiluvian

Oct 31, 2020
F you haven't been inside, don't you think you should try it before speaking? I'm not a warrior, but the combat looks pretty good, and the rest of the game looks amazing. You should try it.
I'm not sure if you realize this, but the phrase "I haven't been in the game yet" definitely implies that I intend to try it.

• Haha

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

Even if you haven't tried it yet, you're literally miles ahead of people who have been apart of the community for years.

Just stating this now, no matter what patch gets thrown out some people will just always eat it up. Doesn't matter if it's shit, or super good; or in the middle. It's like praising efforts just to praise efforts to be on someone's good side.

Maybe this vocal minority truly thinks the things they implement are good? But then again it feels like this game is rapidly transitioning from fast paced, quick reflexes to slow paced, no reflexes.

Not to mention, the absurd grey-area rules they have in place for the alpha to prevent griefing and trolling are just honestly dumb and I think they should just allow the community to police themselves. Cause all it is now is people like Rolufe making comments like this...

"Yea i dunno why they havnt been banned yet"
"well the alpha is for testing the systems "
"they got salty as its not desynced and bad like it was in MO1 "
"Yea im guessing they trying to get the grifing playstyle removed by pushing it so hard on people atm "
"I think we can remove the starting gear now. that way they atleast cant die and get full gear right away"

The funny part is, the last comment there was still relevant to everything above it. He wants it so when people don't do what he wants, he can just sit at the priest with 10 other people and kill you over and over. The gear thing I disagree with, but the camping should be allowed; but God forbid you do this to one of them they'll just report you and try to get you in trouble.

The fact of the matter is, the people who play the alpha just are so unlikable it's hard to not do anything. It's like if you aren't staring at a bench or participating in some stupid consensual group fight that tests fuck all, you are 'apart of the problem' in a lot of the vocal minorities opinion.

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me you explore more about the game by creating a really redundant, repetitive, static environment of boring ass team fights?

Just saying, the MO community is why MO never goes anywhere. People always say it's this or that, and granted; MO1 had it's problems and I'm betting MO2 will as well. But the biggest issue is the community and the stupid cancel culture it has developed. Four people ran around and fucked with you, so what? You guys were interested and fucked with them back. But they should be banned for it? You took part in it as much as they did, and not only that have done so in the past.

TL;DR

This new guy is right. Game is still slow. Vocal minority always is the loudest. Rolufe = Not smart. Double standards. Cancel culture is stupid.

• Wow

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Even if you haven't tried it yet, you're literally miles ahead of people who have been apart of the community for years.

Just stating this now, no matter what patch gets thrown out some people will just always eat it up. Doesn't matter if it's shit, or super good; or in the middle. It's like praising efforts just to praise efforts to be on someone's good side.

Maybe this vocal minority truly thinks the things they implement are good? But then again it feels like this game is rapidly transitioning from fast paced, quick reflexes to slow paced, no reflexes.

Not to mention, the absurd grey-area rules they have in place for the alpha to prevent griefing and trolling are just honestly dumb and I think they should just allow the community to police themselves. Cause all it is now is people like Rolufe making comments like this...

"Yea im guessing they trying to get the grifing playstyle removed by pushing it so hard on people atm "
"I think we can remove the starting gear now. that way they atleast cant die and get full gear right away"

The funny part is, the last comment there was still relevant to everything above it. He wants it so when people don't do what he wants, he can just sit at the priest with 10 other people and kill you over and over. The gear thing I disagree with, but the camping should be allowed; but God forbid you do this to one of them they'll just report you and try to get you in trouble.

The fact of the matter is, the people who play the alpha just are so unlikable it's hard to not do anything. It's like if you aren't staring at a bench or participating in some stupid consensual group fight that tests fuck all, you are 'apart of the problem' in a lot of the vocal minorities opinion.

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me you explore more about the game by creating a really redundant, repetitive, static environment of boring ass team fights?

Just saying, the MO community is why MO never goes anywhere. People always say it's this or that, and granted; MO1 had it's problems and I'm betting MO2 will as well. But the biggest issue is the community and the stupid cancel culture it has developed. Four people ran around and fucked with you, so what? You guys were interested and fucked with them back. But they should be banned for it? You took part in it as much as they did, and not only that have done so in the past.

TL;DR

This new guy is right. Game is still slow. Vocal minority always is the loudest. Rolufe = Not smart. Double standards. Cancel culture is stupid.
Obviously i'm the last person that would ever want turn caps. While its a minor inconvenience at this point I do think some quality of aim is suffering due to the tightening of the turn cap.

I would like to see the movement speed adjusted slighty as well. I feel like getting sticky backed is a lot more common now. I guess for the simple reason that someone has a lot longer to react to movement due to the acceleration.

I think there's room to tweak both of these things without "breaking prediction"

and last

join us brother..

cease your pointless struggle

we are your destiny

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Obviously i'm the last person that would ever want turn caps. While its a minor inconvenience at this point I do think some quality of aim is suffering due to the tightening of the turn cap.

I would like to see the movement speed adjusted slighty as well. I feel like getting sticky backed is a lot more common now. I guess for the simple reason that someone has a lot longer to react to movement due to the acceleration.

I think there's room to tweak both of these things without "breaking prediction"

and last

join us brother..

cease your pointless struggle

we are your destiny

no

• Sad
Reactions: MaDeuce

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The combination of slower speed and turncap feels really dogshit and sluggish, the last aggressive options are pretty much gone. Just to add to the fuel they buff parry arcs even more. Now we are finally approaching the dream combat:

Reactions: Teknique

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

TL;DR

With all due respect, I see a lot of resentment in your comment. There are many classic criticisms of this community. I don't think the MO community is bad. You can meet people of all kinds just like in any other game. This established idea that the MO community is problematic is not true. For the rest, everyone has their opinion.
And Rolufe is nice guy! xd

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The combination of slower speed and turncap feels really dogshit and sluggish, the last aggressive options are pretty much gone. Just to add to the fuel they buff parry arcs even more. Now we are finally approaching the dream combat:

I think it would be a mistake not to tweak both the turn cap and movement speed.

The parry after hitting is really cool though I must admit, and honestly the blocked hits were just cancer i'd rather see something else.