one character per account .....

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
1 character per account so lame paying 40$ game and later +15$ per month of one guy to play damn

MoltenIdol

Apr 6, 2021
But yea alting to camp mine or have a fighter ready in places is a huge advantage. That is kind of on the level of ghost scouting. Beyond that, I dunno if I buy the 'doing more things' being a p2w advantage.

There are, as has been stated earlier in a reply, just short of a thousand possible ways in wich having two seperate characters is an enormous advantage and hack.

As effeciently stated by Jatix:

"Multi sub is still pay to win, just not in the same sense people normally think. Multi sub doesnt make your fat mage hit 200+ and 1 shot people. But you can res your red fatmage outside town, give him gear with your blue alt, kill nubs with him, trade the loot over to bank/sell, and then repeat. And if they remove red priests from outside town, you could sub a 3rd acc spiritism to res yourself outside town. Repeat.

Theres an infinite amount of cases where you have an advantage over a player paying 1 sub, buy paying 2 or more subs. Which is garbage. In case I'm mistaken, paying more and having an advantage = pay to win."

I cant believe part of this thread is still being used on trying to explain to people how paying for an advantage over other players is pay2win.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I cant believe part of this thread is still being used on trying to explain to people how paying for an advantage over other players is pay2win.
I guess people think of it as a silly argument. The only sillier one I've heard (for a good laugh) is:

You have to pay to play.
You can't win if you don't play.
So: It's all pay to win.

People just do not expect to hear, and many (most?) will never care that a paid-for account played without cheats is "pay to win". Your point has an uphill climb.

Reactions: Xunila

PuckInmortali

Nov 8, 2021
So, from a power gamer perspective, having multiple character slots on a single account would amount to a stable of meta builds, and/or gatherer/refiner/crafter to make money for/outfit your main. This is the same thing a person who buys an additional account will do, unless they are doing for other reasons (divers gameplay, griefing, spying, etc.). Of course, the person with two accounts still has the advantage, because they can multibox, and will have even more character slots to play with, in addition to finding it easier to spy or grief, etc.

This is what I offer, based on these factors: If all players were given 2 or 3 character slots per account, power gamers will still buy multiple accounts, and will still have an advantage. So, by adding multiple character slots per account, you haven't fixed "p2w", and you haven't really leveled the playing field. What you have done, however, is to decrease the level of interdependence in the game and further reduced niche gameplay effectiveness. So, in short, adding multiple character slots per account would make the game significantly worse for the sake of a debatably tiny reduction to power imbalance.

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
so at this point Henrik and the dev team should know that most active players have a second account. also known as the core player base.
and most of the player base does not want a one char limed.

so why is Henrik (and the dev team) being so stubborn on this ?

Reactions: SilentPony

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
so at this point Henrik and the dev team should know that most active players have a second account. also known as the core player base.
and most of the player base does not want a one char limed.

so why is Henrik (and the dev team) being so stubborn on this ?

because money? fact that everyone bought more accounts just encourages them to never change it

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im changing my opinion to that they are actually doing it for money. Why else have houses account locked to 1. Makes not sense unless you want to force people to have multiple accounts.

Plenty of options to keep the reputation matters think still with family names.

2 accounts you had to actually put double the hours into. It just allows people who are willing to play more to have more content and actions. Still not a consumer friendly thing but the advantages arent really unfar.

1 house per account means that there is no way for a person with one account to have as many houses as us with multiple accounts.

Its p2w now.

Last edited:

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
if there greedy facks, they would have a mirco shop. and wel why would henrik even bother to stream for 7 hours ?

I know many players who have 5+ accounts, almost everyone has at least 2. With all the restrictions you have on one character, and the inability to try out new gameplay styles, different combat, races, etc. without having to reroll and wipe all your items people feel forced to get more accounts. In MO1 we had 4 character slots. Now you have to purchase another copy of the game as well as pay a subscription of 15$ for each account, if you have 4 as we did in MO1 you're paying an upfront cost of 160$ + 60$ every month. How is that not greedy?

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
I know many players who have 5+ accounts, almost everyone has at least 2. With all the restrictions you have on one character, and the inability to try out new gameplay styles, different combat, races, etc. without having to reroll and wipe all your items people feel forced to get more accounts. In MO1 we had 4 character slots. Now you have to purchase another copy of the game as well as pay a subscription of 15$ for each account, if you have 4 as we did in MO1 you're paying an upfront cost of 160$ + 60$ every month. How is that not greedy?

i would like to have more slots to. i heard opinion a while ago: if they put in 4 slots per acount people could just buy 2 and have 8 slots and then they could make anything in game without ever needing another player and with that mess up the economy.
i found it to have a point there.

henrik also said on stream they might put in a way so you can have more then one char per account without needing a second steam account.
and wel to be honest i would rather have the clear 30 a mounth bill then the sneaky way's like premium curency or microtransactions that other mmo's put in. 60 bucks in a month is easly spend on a mmo you like to play after all.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Just have 7 days cooldown between switching characters. Allows to try a little bit of everything without ruining the economy. All the pros of 1 character system without most of it's cons.

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
i would like to have more slots to. i heard opinion a while ago: if they put in 4 slots per acount people could just buy 2 and have 8 slots and then they could make anything in game without ever needing another player and with that mess up the economy.
i found it to have a point there.

henrik also said on stream they might put in a way so you can have more then one char per account without needing a second steam account.
and wel to be honest i would rather have the clear 30 a mounth bill then the sneaky way's like premium curency or microtransactions that other mmo's put in. 60 bucks in a month is easly spend on a mmo you like to play after all.

There have been a lot of suggestions regarding profession points, they could simply limit those to one pool for the entire account. This prevents people from being able to craft everything while still having all the perks discussed in this thread.

Vengy

Dec 17, 2021
2 characters per account would be nice since I enjoy playing around with more than one build styles or changing stuff often as a gamer. Not to mention some house holds share accounts due to family etc? Like when I was younger my dad played World of Warcraft and after he would get off or be at work he would let me play a new random noob character on his account just to be apart of the game. It might be a change that could have pretty positive out come and even add over all more players to the game.

Reactions: Nudisto

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
On the subject of build experimentation; wouldn't it make sense to have some sort of training arena mode, separate from the main game? There you could create separate characters, spec and experiment with race, stats, action points etc as you want to within minutes. Then you could test it out against PvE and volunteer PvP to get a feel of how it performs.

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
Or they can just give us more character slots on 1 sub, because they obviously designed the game with the intent to have multiple characters.

No, they designed the game so you would be dependent on the economy and other players. the whole point of an MMO is to make connections and create interdependency of one another. What they need is to rethink how locked down a single character should be, and the time it takes to alter your builds IMO. At least the folks with multiple subs fund the development.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I like the 1 toon per account but there are issues with rerolling that I don't like. People are going to reroll their build either because they get bored of it, start to dislike it, balancing changes, or more skills are added. Well here the major issue rerolling means completely deleting everything you've done an collected over your time playing. Now the idea is that this game should exist for years, and new content, changes, and balancing tweeks are expected to happen.

So while I like the 1 toon per account design I know for a fact sooner or later I will reroll because of one listed reason above. So my recommendation is that the devs implement something so your account progress isn't completely lost into the void when people decide to reroll. My two suggestions are the following. Link bank, stable, housing, and standings data to the account not to the character if possible. Or add a mechanic either potion, NPC, or just a button in the character sheet that resets all your skills to zero but also allows you to complete redesign your existing character from scratch even its race an height stats.

P.S yes I'm full aware you can keep your items via trading it to friends temporarily while you remake your character. But this isn't viable because it only limits you to things that can be traded, and you'd have go from town to town transferring each bank you have items in, it not viable.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
one character per account is horribly limiting.... and while i dont see SV relenting on this ideal, maybe we can boil it down to 'why' and come up with more flexible solutions.

so... why one character per account
  • player reputation - people get to know your character name over time and know what to expect from you
  • in-game rep - you cant dodge 'red' status by swapping toons
  • more reliance on others for trade; you dont have separate toons for each profession
are there other reasons? all of these can be avoided by simply subbing multiple accounts but most new players wont do that (most vets, however, absolutely will)

so whats the downside?
  • locked into a single combat playstyle at a time.
  • locked to a single set of clade gifts
  • rerolling deletes all items in all your banks, so while right now it might be simple to pass some gold to a friend to hold for your reroll, later on it may require visiting several banks or risk the loss of substantial wealth that has been accrued on a toon
  • build experimentation (not just minor changes but swapping role from say melee fighter to mage) requires a significant time investment to 'just see' if you like it while costing you that same time again to swap back if you do not, not to mention time lost to ineffectiveness while your character is still being rebuilt
surely there are more but this is enough for now. It makes changing your combat playstyle a costly operation and if you want to switch clades, an extremely costly one at that.

so instead, sv can create a new resource, a rare drop of some kind capable of storing a portion of your toon's DEVA. when used (or perhaps with the help of a spiritist?) it will store your clade gifts (including race/ancestry), action skills, and all attributes after which you will be logged out and upon login will go to the character creation screens with the one caveat that your name is locked. Your new toon spawns in right where you left and the rare item you used has turned into a partial phylactery or other mystical object that can be used later to swap back to your old build.

there should be a cooldown of some kind when using any of these objects, and some limit to how many can exist for a character (your deva can only be stretched so far). but will allow for much easier experimentation with builds. you keep all your rep between players and npcs and you dont get new profession points to limit self-sufficiency from crafting

lots of things to consider... how difficult is it to attain these items? should they be reusable? how long should the cooldown be? should the cost increase with the number of stored devas? what should be the limit of stored devas? any number of things that could affect the balance.

at any rate it should allow players to be able to quickly swap between playstyles without shedding their reputation (be it good or bad) and spur more creativity in trying out different builds since the cost is effectively reduced. it may reduce the number of vets with multiple accounts but i think is overall a good thing, especially for new players who have not tried many builds and would like to experiment a bit

-barcode

I like this suggestion more than the actual P2W model. Someone kick my balls please, MO2 started with the promise that 1 character was enough and that people wouldn't be allowed to access nor need another characters.

Turns out its the same P2W dumbass model than MO1. My god, at least in MO1 you could access your characters easier and it was definitely cheaper.

Now its more pay to win, gotta pay for more accounts and in the future gotta pay the subs of those accounts and i can't believe theres idiots in denial negating this is a pay to win model. Maybe they deny it cuz they have several accounts thats the mortal's community right there.

Reactions: nazgo and Tzone

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I like this suggestion more than the actual P2W model. Someone kick my balls please, MO2 started with the promise that 1 character was enough and that people wouldn't be allowed to access nor need another characters.

Turns out its the same P2W dumbass model than MO1. My god, at least in MO1 you could access your characters easier and it was definitely cheaper.

Now its more pay to win, gotta pay for more accounts and in the future gotta pay the subs of those accounts and i can't believe theres idiots in denial negating this is a pay to win model. Maybe they deny it cuz they have several accounts thats the mortal's community right there.
It not really P2W though. Having more accounts doesn't give me an advantage in fights or allows me to gather matz or make gold faster. At most it pay to be more self sufficient, an qyicker access to build diversity. But it doesn't make any of your characters stronger.

An really the argument that it's P2W an intended by the developers is a strawman argument. Because it clear the devs don't intend for one player to pay for multiple accounts, they just have zero means to stop people from doing it. It not like we all live in Japan or Korean an companies can refuse to provide us service if we don't link some form of government offical identification (like SSN, passport, or drivers licenses) to our account so the company can know who is who in the end of the day an restrict our ability to have multiple active accounts (like what is the case for the Korean archeage). Realistically it physically impossible for them to know who is who, for all they know I could be your second account Albanjo making this post to seem like I'm a second person, but reality is how are they to know this how is anyone? Thus it physically impossible for them to prevent people from having multiple active accounts.

Reactions: Kinto

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It not really P2W though. Having more accounts doesn't give me an advantage in fights or allows me to gather matz or make gold faster. At most it pay to be more self sufficient, an qyicker access to build diversity. But it doesn't make any of your characters stronger.

An really the argument that it's P2W an intended by the developers is a strawman argument. Because it clear the devs don't intend for one player to pay for multiple accounts, they just have zero means to stop people from doing it. It not like we all live in Japan or Korean an companies can refuse to provide us service if we don't link some form of government offical identification (like SSN, passport, or drivers licenses) to our account so the company can know who is who in the end of the day an restrict our ability to have multiple active accounts (like what is the case for the Korean archeage). Realistically it physically impossible for them to know who is who, for all they know I could be your second account Albanjo making this post to seem like I'm a second person, but reality is how are they to know this how is anyone? Thus it physically impossible for them to prevent people from having multiple active accounts.

Its as p2w as it was in MO1, having multiple fighters ready to go by just loggin in is pay to win. Having multiple gatherers in different locations for harvesting shit is pay to win, having several PCs with multiple accounts is absolutly pay to win. Idk what you are talking about tho.

A diversity you can't access unless you pay, that is by definition pay to win.

If they can't enforce that model then you gotta think they should have thought that before they made the current system. So yeah its bad design...