New Player Experience after Haven

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
Instead of new players being piled into Tindrem after Haven (I am not sure if this is the current plan or not) I think it would be a good idea if during their time on Haven they can learn about the various towns via a story or a picture or learning what resources are nearby and then choose a town that suits them and start in the town of their choosing instead of Tindrem. I bet alot of people would be interested in places like Toxai after a well written description and you could even include some lore. It could also be short and sweet.

Bakti - Southern town near the vast jungle
Meduli - Western desert town close to Tindrem right on the ocean

Or of course give them the option of spawning randomly in the world.

You could even lower the choices so people were not too spread out during low population times.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
You could even lower the choices so people were not too spread out during low population times.
Doesn't make sense, because most players are going into a guild and will move to the city and area with their guild mates around. Spawning in a reduced number of cities by choice causes anger and ghosting to the real destination.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I think this is a good idea; At the very least with a brief primer of Myrland and it's major settlements and powers. Assuming Haven will be a boat ride again perhaps limit it to coastal cities though this does reduce the options a lot. Either way I am all for embedding lore into as many places as possible

Tindrem: The largest city of Myrland. Comprised of several districts, most of which are well-patrolled by the tindremic guard keeping the streets safe for newcomers. Being a large city, natural resources are sparse and an abundance of trade is what keeps the city prosperous. Suitable for new players.

Meduli: A tindremic town that serves as the gateway to Sarducaa. This port town sits between the grasslands of the north and the desert to the south. It is known for its abundance of copper based minerals and exotic fish and desert plants. Being a smaller town, the tindremic guard patrols are fewer and less frequent, demanding more vigilance against criminal elements.

Gaul Kor: The ruins of a once-great Tindremic outpost, Gaul-Kor is now home to the scourge of Myrland; Murderers, thieves and raiders. Standing at the mouth of the wastelands of Herabalter, the area is rich in minerals but barren of most plant and animal life. Tindremic guard has long ago abandoned it's patrols of Gaul-Kor to lawlessness. This along with it's harsh environment make it a harsh and dangerous place for those starting out in the world.

The port of Toxai to my knowledge cannot be accessed from the same ocean as the others without sailing around Herebalter so I'm not sure it would make sense to list but if it was accessible:

Toxai: The exotic port of Toxai is home to the Alvarin and Khurites. Its isolated and naturally protected geography keep it safe from raiders and a short way up the path from it's impressive falls the Khurite capital of Morin Khur can be found. Like Tindrem this is well defended and has many facilities citizens can use to hone their crafts.

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
Doesn't make sense, because most players are going into a guild and will move to the city and area with their guild mates around. Spawning in a reduced number of cities by choice causes anger and ghosting to the real destination.
New play experience... I am not talking about all the people who know to get out of Tindrem/already have guilds. Has there been talk of letting players spawn in whatever city they want?