Move the server

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
The server being in europe is the worst thing about this game. even the horrible performance and broken crap with the ue5 launch. even with TC not really being in game. EU servers are the worst.

Ping compensation doesn't work. Euros have such a significant advantage.

Move the servers to where the majority of the playerbase is. USA.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
i wouldn't bet my money on US being the majority of players.
There a lot of Russians, Germans, British and other EU players. I can only speak for my own guild and i’d say its 60% EU.

Having said that, i have been calling for regional servers since the beginning of MO1. But SV isnt interested. Europe comes first. My only remaining hope is that a future continent will be hosted in NA.

Reactions: Xunila

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
There a lot of Russians, Germans, British and other EU players. I can only speak for my own guild and i’d say its 60% EU.

Having said that, i have been calling for regional servers since the beginning of MO1. But SV isnt interested. Europe comes first. My only remaining hope is that a future continent will be hosted in NA.
one parry-riposte exchange with someone and you can tell whether they're EU or NA.
nb4: "what about <crazy no-lifer>? they're NA and beat EU players"

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
and before anyone brings up tatsuya...
There are also certain advantages to being high-ping. AUS sees your position 300ms ago, so they can hit you from 20m away. Obviously EU has a significant advantage but no one can figure-8 as well as an AUS. NA probably better off than AUS but the point remains:
EU cast faster and have more time to react in melee.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

every poll in the past put US players at 55% and up and thats out of EU/RUS and Asia/RUS
Its probably around 60% of the players right now being NA. And moving the servers to NA just makes the majority of the player base have around 80ping EU and WEST CENT NA. Instead of people with single or teen digit ping vrs NA who has over 100ping and up to 160ping

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I'd rather not give the alrdy precariously handled player data to US to be surveiled as well lol. Frt the fact is that one server global game is a doomed idea

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Anyone that ever done naked flake duels knows that ping is a huge advantage
Sadly didnt use to be the thing but then again SV wanted it this way too much.

Skill would trump ping to the high heavens just like back in the golden days.

Slow combat, slow speed, long TTK, TONS in combat healing, gear importance, defence being king, etc all being huge factors to ping being most important.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The server being in europe is the worst thing about this game. even the horrible performance and broken crap with the ue5 launch. even with TC not really being in game. EU servers are the worst.

Henrik is strongly against that.

He has been against it since MO1.. even though people have been telling him this for the last 14+ years. But his head is as hard as oghmium.

manure

May 7, 2022
They should move the Server once in each 3 months... So, it stays on South America from january to march, then on North America April to june, Europe July to september and Asia October to december !
mwuahahah
And even then, it still wouldnt be fair... Oceania and Africa would cry too :(

Theres no solution... Adapt and forget about it.
Unfortunately there will always be this unfair advantage to some people who live near the server.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They should move the Server once in each 3 months... So, it stays on South America from january to march, then on North America April to june, Europe July to september and Asia October to december !
mwuahahah

Unfortunately there will always be this unfair advantage to some people who live near the server.
I mean most of us are fine with Europeans suffering that’s totally ok. But for Americans to suffer is just outrageous

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sadly didnt use to be the thing but then again SV wanted it this way too much.

Skill would trump ping to the high heavens just like back in the golden days.

Slow combat, slow speed, long TTK, TONS in combat healing, gear importance, defence being king, etc all being huge factors to ping being most important.

on top of that I bet most euros cept mo sweatlords see how flawed the combat is even w/ 10ping, so it's lose lose lose.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I mean most of us are fine with Europeans suffering that’s totally ok. But for Americans to suffer is just outrageous
The main reason its not a NA east coast server is because EUs cant handle higher pings but Americans are used to 80+ ping in games. Most EU games have 3 EU regional servers with max 40 ping while NA is like 75 ping for regional server.

Reactions: Teknique

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The main reason its not a NA east coast server is because EUs cant handle higher pings but Americans are used to 80+ ping in games. Most EU games have 3 EU regional servers with max 40 ping while NA is like 75 ping for regional server.
Talk about the abysmal internet architecture US has, it's not just about distance

Sally

Dec 2, 2023

As an EU player, obviously i'm going to disagree.. Also, you're obviously an NA player.

Naturally you want the server to be in NA...

Maybe i'm looking too deep into this, but it strikes me as a case of Americans thinking they're the centre of the world, as always.

There is no good reason it should be in the NA over the EU outside of personal preference. Honestly, it is nice to see the EU getting the special treatment for a change.

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
Talk about the abysmal internet architecture US has, it's not just about distance
A. USA is much larger than europe.
B. There's vast territories of wilderness and untamed mountainous regions separating Florida from California.

You're right, it's not just about distance.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
True.
A. USA is much larger than europe.
B. There's vast territories of wilderness and untamed mountainous regions separating Florida from California.

You're right, it's not just about distance.
Im EU and all for a NA server if combat was fast paced and skill based. Seeing as ping is the reason why we have slow granny combat.
But reasons here is not why you should have NA server as NA has 300m pop vs EU at almost 800m pop.
Count in SA and Canada and you are barely touching EU numbers. Then bring Russia and middle east in and EU location is more suitable population numbers wise.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
mwuahahah

Already forgot about it. Moving on back to DCS.