• Indifferent

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
We are just trying to suggest the idea of moving the server to the US to see if the desynch issues that SV has been telling us about, would get better with this idea. This is why there was a voting poll created to see how many people would like to see this idea be implemented so that we can show SV how many people are interested in it. We don't speak for anyone. We speak about ideas and suggestions that might work or sound good to SV.

You on the other hand Svaar. You're just a troll and annoying at this rate, you haven't contributed to shit. If you really didn't like the idea, why not just give your input/opinion and then leave? Why do you have to start accusing this thread of rigging the votes? Even though it's clear to everyone that it isn't rigged? I know you hate the idea of having this server moved but, no one said anything about trying to make this change happen. It was just a suggestion/idea to see how many were interested, clearly, a lot of people were interested in the idea and voted for it. That is how a closed beta works, we give our input and our ideas in order to make this project work. If you don't wanna help and just cause trouble then leave.
that is, if I express my point of view that does not coincide with yours, for this reason I become a troll? Really? I gave reasons why all this is not relevant, why your statistics does not show anything now, does not show future statistics on mo2 due to the fact that the game does not exist yet, are you my trolling? that I am ready to defend my point of view? you continue to reproach me for something. put a test (second) server in your region and test how it will work in relation to other regions that are far from yours. what is the problem? convince Henrik to create a separate test server to test this. but in the end you change the awl for soap, because doing yourself well you do other people badly and the problem remains in the same place only you will no longer care about ping and others will. that's what I mean. The only solution to this problem is dividing the game into regions, or, as already mentioned, the option to divide the region = server inside the game. For example Sarduk = NA server, Mirland = Europe, other regions can be assigned to Asia and so on. Then you can somehow solve this problem, but not by moving the servers closer to your home .... Thank you for your attention.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
that is, if I express my point of view that does not coincide with yours, for this reason I become a troll? Really? I gave reasons why all this is not relevant, why your statistics does not show anything now, does not show future statistics on mo2 due to the fact that the game does not exist yet, are you my trolling? that I am ready to defend my point of view? you continue to reproach me for something. put a test (second) server in your region and test how it will work in relation to other regions that are far from yours. what is the problem? convince Henrik to create a separate test server to test this. but in the end you change the awl for soap, because doing yourself well you do other people badly and the problem remains in the same place only you will no longer care about ping and others will. that's what I mean. The only solution to this problem is dividing the game into regions, or, as already mentioned, the option to divide the region = server inside the game. For example Sarduk = NA server, Mirland = Europe, other regions can be assigned to Asia and so on. Then you can somehow solve this problem, but not by moving the servers closer to your home .... Thank you for your attention.

There isn't going to be multiple servers. Henrik has flat out said 'no' to that.

zzhenrik2.PNG

Even though I don't agree with his last sentence.

I would love a test server.

Also, you keep saying people pushing for this don't care about other players and ruining their ping. The point you're missing is that currently, in the EU, the system is less effective as opposed to being in NA. In NA, the system flat out benefits MORE people as a whole.

This is why I pulled data straight from Steam. This is why @Valoran went and showed the rough average pings to a server in NY.

Country Ping Statistics.png

Henrik again will not divide the continents to separate servers. Also, the idea of Sard. once again being designated for US players is just flat out stupid. It was a PvE continent. You don't give a PvE continent to a larger playerbase that predominately PvP. This just shows true bias to be fair.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Henrik again will not divide the continents to separate servers. Also, the idea of Sard. once again being designated for US players is just flat out stupid. It was a PvE continent. You don't give a PvE continent to a larger playerbase that predominately PvP. This just shows true bias to be fair.
I showed this as an example. what kind of bias are you talking about .... Do not pull it by the ears. Take any other area and make it NA the server, I mean it, and not specifically send Sarduk NA .. Do myrland NA etc...it does not matter. it was just an example. but at the same time you take everything into your account..Why are you so tight....

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I like how that chart just leaves out everything between munich and asia. No bias at all.
I included the main countries people are expected to come from given the size of the global gaming market and industry.

1609697106992.png

Obviously the statistics here get muddy as there is no differentiation between mobile games, console games and PC games, but for data collection it made sense not to include Turkmenistan.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I included the main countries people are expected to come from given the size of the global gaming market and industry.

View attachment 648

Obviously the statistics here get muddy as there is no differentiation between mobile games, console games and PC games, but for data collection it made sense not to include Turkmenistan.
what is this table? where did it come from?

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
MO1 was most active during the NA time, and fairly dead during the EU anyway. If they moved the server to NA you're going to get a larger community at the cost of the cis regions (maybe). You might loose a few hundred, but gain a thousands; and from those thousands perhaps even more due to good word of mouth. Sounds like a win to me. And as for asia? Well CSTG will play on any server to kill americans regardless of ping.

Reactions: Magos

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
There is quite a lot of players who's english is too limited to be interested in taking part in any forum activities.
It is natural that point of view of NA players will be expressed more loudly that eastern-european for example.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow

View attachment 648

strange resources. For example, Steam has a different picture, Epic Store has a different picture etc. However, you need to consider statistics on the example of this particular game. Because the tastes of different regions are completely different. And it's not a fact that, for example, a large number of players from Asia, America, Europe or the CIS region will like MO2. You need to collect data some time after the release. When all the mechanics of the game will work.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I showed this as an example. what kind of bias are you talking about .... Do not pull it by the ears. Take any other area and make it NA the server, I mean it, and not specifically send Sarduk NA .. Do myrland NA etc...it does not matter. it was just an example. but at the same time you take everything into your account..Why are you so tight....

Cause I'm handsome and young.

besides this table, in his opinion, people do not live =)) 400+ million people do not live, they just do not exist =)

Yeah they don't. Sorry. You're just making it up man.

MO1 was most active during the NA time, and fairly dead during the EU anyway. If they moved the server to NA you're going to get a larger community at the cost of the cis regions (maybe). You might loose a few hundred, but gain a thousands; and from those thousands perhaps even more due to good word of mouth. Sounds like a win to me. And as for asia? Well CSTG will play on any server to kill americans regardless of ping.

This guy knows what's up.

There is quite a lot of players who's english is too limited to be interested in taking part in any forum activities.
It is natural that point of view of NA players will be expressed more loudly that eastern-european for example.

An actual fair point. It's funny though, when I've pointed it out I get called 'racist'. Weird.

strange resources. For example, Steam has a different picture, Epic Store has a different picture etc. However, you need to consider statistics on the example of this particular game. Because the tastes of different regions are completely different. And it's not a fact that, for example, a large number of players from Asia, America, Europe or the CIS region will like MO2. You need to collect data some time after the release. When all the mechanics of the game will work.

I legit do not see MO2 becoming anything 'relatively' popular in AS regions.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

View attachment 648

Russia is literally on the 11th place. The reason why eastern europe does not pop up is because their countries each have less population.

If you add those together I´m fairly certain you would end up with a market at least as big as the french one. You did include Paris (which has probably a very good ping to NY), but not warsaw, moskow, kiew or any other centers in the east.

That not even mentioning that the middle east, starting with turky is missing as well.

Instead you included china (where it´s not even sure if MO2 will be legal - or will stay legal), japan (which is predominantly consoles) and korea (probably saturated in terms of MMOs aka korean grinders).

So I think you can see my issue with your chart. What I have pointed would be something immediatly apparent to SV as well. Which is probably why they are currently going with an EU server.

Does anyone have data on the activity of US and EU timezones? Because I see US player claiming how their timezone was super busy, while the EU TZ was dead. SOunds sus to me.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Statistics from 2015 to 2020. = 15 years ago.

Sound logic everyone.
Thats after MO turned bad and its original supporters quit. Also a low population time.

Now if there was charts from release times, I bet you would be surprised.
2012- outward EUs played NA timezone due to the low population not supporting more than 1 time zone.
EUs got filthy rich since we could farm in peace during EU times and fight NAs at night before bed. Back at release this was not possible due to the amount of EUs on at EU prime time.
Back then I played both EU and NA timezones and there was a huge EU population that dwarfed the NA one. And still the NA timezone was larger than the entire population except the small time steam players was here.
All these players quit before 2011 and AQs rise and was the reason of the rise due to the power shift of basically all big scale political entities. The small ones being the big dogs during AQs ruling days.

Reactions: Svaar

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Russia is literally on the 11th place. The reason why eastern europe does not pop up is because their countries each have less population.

If you add those together I´m fairly certain you would end up with a market at least as big as the french one. You did include Paris (which has probably a very good ping to NY), but not warsaw, moskow, kiew or any other centers in the east.

That not even mentioning that the middle east, starting with turky is missing as well.

Instead you included china (where it´s not even sure if MO2 will be legal - or will stay legal), japan (which is predominantly consoles) and korea (probably saturated in terms of MMOs aka korean grinders).

So I think you can see my issue with your chart. What I have pointed would be something immediatly apparent to SV as well. Which is probably why they are currently going with an EU server.

Does anyone have data on the activity of US and EU timezones? Because I see US player claiming how their timezone was super busy, while the EU TZ was dead. SOunds sus to me.
This was simply due to EUs playing during NA prime time to gain numbers of the population to actually find fights.

Ever since Dawn patch in 2011 this was the norm of the server.
Stay awake until NA timezone and roam to Bakti for fights, log and go to sleep. Farm all day in total safety and rinse repeat at EU night time.

This is after MO population gave up on the game for good.

All the biggest alliances in early MO was EU based. When politics was a thing the EU pop was huge compared to NA. Me being in a international guild I played with both EU and NA players.

Reactions: Svaar and Zbuciorn

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Thats after MO turned bad and its original supporters quit. Also a low population time.

Now if there was charts from release times, I bet you would be surprised.
2012- outward EUs played NA timezone due to the low population not supporting more than 1 time zone.
EUs got filthy rich since we could farm in peace during EU times and fight NAs at night before bed. Back at release this was not possible due to the amount of EUs on at EU prime time.
Back then I played both EU and NA timezones and there was a huge EU population that dwarfed the NA one. And still the NA timezone was larger than the entire population except the small time steam players was here.
All these players quit before 2011 and AQs rise and was the reason of the rise due to the power shift of basically all big scale political entities. The small ones being the big dogs during AQs ruling days.

It's surprising how someone can so calmly come in, and state their experiences without being rude.

Appreciate the insight. I started in 2012, and I honestly didn't keep much 'note' of peoples nationalities. But I would say it was a pretty even split from my remembered experiences in MO1.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It's surprising how someone can so calmly come in, and state their experiences without being rude.

Appreciate the insight. I started in 2012, and I honestly didn't keep much 'note' of peoples nationalities. But I would say it was a pretty even split from my remembered experiences in MO1.
Yeah I grew into MO with fast paced combat so had to know nationalities to know how to fight each individual. Game was totally different from later iterations so to speak.

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
Literally ripped data straight from Steam because SV, to my knowledge, has never shared this information and I highly doubt they will. I'd love to be proved wrong.

It's a good thing this is a game forum and not a job. Never knew advertising the idea of getting peoples opinion on a topic within groups was a bad idea. You know, people who are going to play the game. That directly will effect their experience.

The only thing I can really argue is prior agreements. We have no clue about this, but we do know from previous experiences that the servers have moved from Sweden, to France, to the UK. So the idea of a more 'remote server' just doesn't really hold much truth, and cost is a pointless topic of debate. Henrik develops and pioneers the creation of MO2 because of passion alone. I'm aware that real life interrupts that and can put halts on such things, but Henrik really doesn't have worry from a monetary side of things. If this was the case - he would of stopped MO1 dead in its tracks a long time ago and stopped entirely and pursued something more fruitful.

TL;DR

We don't lack information entirely, so I disagree. I've provided one that "isn't a way that is stupid". So has @Valoran . Finally, you declaring the thread is pointless - is pointless. If your entire purpose of typing a response is to conclude it is 'pointless', then you are therefore wasting time alongside myself by that logic.

How about... instead of jumping the gun and trying to 'conclude' peoples discussions simply because in your eyes it isn't seen their way, try presenting your own ideas and or counter arguments or say nothing at all.
Yes yes, sure

Status
Not open for further replies.