• Indifferent

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
As the title says.

Since Henrik is dead set on a single server, and the idea of two different servers of separate game versions, or continents that have different server regions has been confirmed (for now) not something he wishes to do.

I'm making another thread as a message straight to SV: Move the servers to North America.

The player base as a whole would more then benefit from this, and in your own words Henrik and many other players "This should still be fine with the systems you've designed."

I'm going to be super biased and say this now, MO1 had it's run in the EU for 10+ years. NA should have their turn now, as it makes much more sense then where it is currently located.

I want as much participation as possible in this thread, I'll be getting my guild to sign up on the forums for the members who haven't just so they too put their word in. I want to see where people really stand on this subject.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
This becomes a poll between NA players and non-NA players. StarVault should move the server to the moon to get the same poll for everybody on earth.

Could you add a "I don't care" option?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

Thanks. I really don't care about the location because my PvP activities have been very low all the long ten years in MO1. I'm too old for PvP means the reaction time of younger players compared to mine is too good, and second point I have no fun in PvP.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Thanks. I really don't care about the location because my PvP activities have been very low all the long ten years in MO1. I'm too old for PvP means the reaction time of younger players compared to mine is too good, and second point I have no fun in PvP.

No problem, all walks of life in the game should be drawn to the game. As much as I support PvP, you should support good PvE content. The two need to coexist otherwise one will fail the other. I just feel this will benefit a grander range of people, especially if SV is working to improving their tech. to handle these kinds of things.

Reactions: Xunila

Rhias

May 28, 2020

Just to reinforce that Henrik has indeed said with there system there should be no issue, so the servers being in NA would be even better for the player base.
If there is no issue, why should it be better for the player base?

However, I guess it makes a different when it comes to administrating the servers. And since SV is in EU it would make only sense for them to pick a destination that fits for them.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
LOL,
For a moment I was thinking it was one of Tramp's tweets.
Make america great again:)

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
also doubt it will ever happen since SV is european and europe and russia is big too

Reactions: Svaar

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

However, I guess it makes a different when it comes to administrating the servers. And since SV is in EU it would make only sense for them to pick a destination that fits for them.

Effects more of the playerbase that plays.

sure the europeans dont weep so much

Then you guys wont mind. :)

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

As of today the server is actually outside of the EU already. Either way it´s gonna be with the filthy anglo-saxons. ;)

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yes, but with some caveats.

1. I think they should put out a survey that pops up the first time you close the game after the patch they put it in with. It should test your ping against a number of potential server locations. There are already websites that do this kind of thing I'm just having trouble finding on right now. I voted yes assuming that the server that would give the overall best pings to all existing and potential customers would be somewhere in NA. But if it's not in NA then move it wherever it does work best. Server location shouldn't be based on where the developers live. It should be based on wherever will meet customer needs best.

2. As more continents get added the servers hosting them should be spread out globally. The results of the test should only be used in establishing who gets the first continent. There should be 2 localized continents ASAP / no more than a year after launch. And a third ASAP / no more than two years after launch (Oceanic players still get current NA pings on a NA server so they need their own continent eventually as well). Delay them enough to give them interesting flora/fauna/landscapes. But no longer than that. The faster everyone has a place they can experience the game at fairly optimal speeds the faster the audience will likely grow.

Rat

Aug 31, 2020
If this happens atleast I'll stop getting the "i HaVe A 100 PiNg AnD ThAtS ThE oNlY rEaSoN I'm LoSiNg" excuse and keep dunkin anyway.
Edit: east coast though pls thanks

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I put a solid 500 hours into PvP before ping normalization and now another 500 after. Before, the ping advantage was huge. I could pick an EU out of a group of fresh spawns.

After ping normalization, I honestly don't feel the slightest disadvantage. Not saying the playing field is 100% even but still, unless you're in the high 200 range, I really don't think the ping disadvantage argument carries much weight.

I'm NA East with 125 - 140 ping. Obviously, I won't be mad if they move the servers here. However, it's not going to make or break my experience in the slightest so I'm indifferent.

Last edited:

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
im EU, i wouldnt mind really so i voted for the server to be NA, im sure i wouldnt be crying all day long about ping and how my neightbours's grass is more green than mine.
However , one serious thing i would like to know ,is the exacts statistics about playerbase. Have SV released some infos anywhere ,or are we able to know the exact number of people and their location ?
Cause from my experience since i started the alpha (and i do not sleep much) i see as much EU than US people. NA server argument would greatly benefit if we know the numbers, or not, but my point is right now i feel like it is based on speculations more than anything else (regarding the " it will be even better blabla ).

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
I'm going to quote a wise man, who I misunderstood some days ago.
Well there will always be someone complaining but the US players just seem to be the best at it. So I think we should surrender to the superiority of their whining powers.

Then again it is entertaining to see the same thread play out every other month. Same with 3rd person.

So YES! have it your way.
NA is the God's (whatever Divinity you believe in) chosen-one place of the entire world, even when aliens invade Earth in movies they just prefer NA.
All we citizens from other continents will bow to your evident superiority.

Ok, now you got votes, maybe SV will eventually move servers.

Can we start to talk about game development testing now?
Thanks.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Despite being an NA player (on the west coast in fact, which means the worst NA pings to London), I vote for the server being in a location which provides the best ping to the widest variety of people who might play the game. SV probably know this best.

But I do agree it shouldn't just be in EU by default because they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.