Mounted Archer is the strongest build in the game right?

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
not quite most MAs you see out there are half MAs and full footfigthers MAvsFoot foot will win no matter what unless foot isnt moving or jumping or shooting arrows
True, cuz they cant fix game before make it playeble. Rn you can being MC, cuz this is trash for 200%. MA is best for PvE cuz 'Circle of death'.
Also, MA skill is not worked on 90% and you dont need much skills, then you can be fuul FF and MA. Best option rn

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
True, cuz they cant fix game before make it playeble. Rn you can being MC, cuz this is trash for 200%. MA is best for PvE cuz 'Circle of death'.
Also, MA skill is not worked on 90% and you dont need much skills, then you can be fuul FF and MA. Best option rn
agree when i started to level archery i didnt even had a MA skill open and i did good dmg against animals

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
If you're a mounted mage you should always be traveling with a charged spell (corrupt). ALWAYS. Does an MA travel with a no arrows equiped? Does a footfighter run into a duel without a weapon in their hands? Saying that its griefing to have your mount killed because you weren't prepared to defend yourself in an open world with full loot pvp is just complaining about being inconvenienced for your own mistake. I never travel on my mage without having corrupt charged at all times. (yes, that means constantly recharging) It's part of your character build as a mage learn to play the build and I promise you'll do fine.

p.s. If you're complaining about getting griefed while streaming then try streaming with a delay until you're comfortable enough in pvp to fight back. I don't see why one should feel entitled to stream and have mechanics catered to their ability to stream rather than to adjust their streaming habits to the game.
Range of Corrupt is to short and you can only cast while going in a straight line and this is only assuming that your a MM. Your horse would be dead before you even get that chance to get that spell off or you will instead be spending your casting on heals to keep it from being killed. Most of the MA have some casting abilities to heal there mounts so I would assume they would have Purify too.

As for the stream snipping just a comment from watching streamers (I don't stream) we have some players that just go in and snipe the horses of streamers and run off without a fight. Though I have had the same happen to me in the past from fully geared playrs blowing buy and shooting my horse out from under me and not fighting either when I was just out gathering. Just some folks are griefers and get the joy out of making others folks day bad.

As some one mention one of the problems is that horses most the time aren't tuff enough cause of low level and low health when you first get them and most don't get time to level up if your getting them constantly killed our from under you.

For me I think one of the biggest problems is that DEX should account for more in archery, it should be the part of the aiming control while shooting while STR is the DAMAGE. There also needs to be a better way to knock some one off a horse if they have low skills or a low level of horse. This way they should be investing in more than just STR/CON and such.

The other problem is until the QUE issue gets fixed a lot of players can't run grouped up so a lot of them are out solo and easy target for MA's. The best defense would be to have some MA's of your own in the party to be able to chase after them and fend them off those that can't. As a solo player I know I'm an easy target so I keep my head on a swivel all the time when I'm out and about. And no one is saying we don't want PvP, just that it's way to easy for some one to become a MA and fight from horse back against others that didn't gear directly for bow play. Also for folks saying just wear metal armor, not all builds allow this and well any newer player won't have all that gear.

How much does armor actually help on the horse as this could be a better solution of letting them live a bit longer instead of being snipped out from under some one so easly.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't understand why so many people believe mounted archers are so strong when horses are so easily killed. If you just carry a recurve shortbow, you don't actually need that many shots to kill a horse and then archers on foot are fairly vulnerable.

That's why good MA builds are generally foot fighters as well. Once you kill the horse the MA turns into a foot fighter whose at full health because you were focusing on their horse. It's actually very powerful.

Though I completely disagree that it's the MOST powerful and there is nothing that can counter it.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
The issue is most MA players know this an will simply just run away from these players, thus just having a bow or spells may detur MA from commenting to a fight against you it doesn't mean you'll kill them.

Agree. The problem is not that they're OP. I'll take your other thoughts about them running away a step further.

The problem and reason why many people cry that MA is OP is that a lot of MAs ride around outside of Fabernum slaughtering noobs and running from real fights while patting themselves on the back. Noobs come to forum annoyed. Then same MAs watch the forums so they can stroke themselves some more by saying stuff like this in reply without providing any real positive input to the discussion or education for the noobs:

Imagine not knowing that MAs do 8~10 damage on steel users and literally zero damage to tungsteel and up players. Yeah MAs are really OP dude.

Pests most of them. I reckon there's a few truly skilled ones among the otherwise foul mass of bros stroking their epeens.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
IMO MA not as OP as people make it sound. Thing about MA is ya it seems strong because it hard counters a lot more builds than most other builds on top of have no real hard counter themselves. But simple having a bow your self or magic is enough to stop a MA from killing you in a 1v1.

The issue is most MA players know this an will simply just run away from these players, thus just having a bow or spells may detur MA from commenting to a fight against you it doesn't mean you'll kill them.

But I think everyone's biggest issue is MA just killing your horse or other pets than running away. My self being a pet tamer I agree this is extremely annoying, but this issue could all change when beast mastery is implemented to the game an pets can use charge skills that can dismount players they hit, like how it was in MO1.

However I will say MA should be easier to dismount an a injuried mount should have its movement speed reduced once its hp is below 50% IMO.

MC is hard counter to MA, probably even now if you play it right. If they correct the balance, even more so. I do wish that you could not heal mounts while you were on them, whether self heal or other person's heal. If they changed that, it would help a lot IMO, and they could tone down the arrow dmg vs mounts. MA is just OP v mounts in a very mount heavy game, and you don't have to fight foot. But I def think a MC could get a MA if they were set up right. I'm still working things out in my head (only have 110 str,) but waiting to catch a MA alone. ;) Def going up in emdash video experience whether I win or lose.

The only thing is unless I kill him straight off on the mount, I dunno if I'll be able to finish him on the ground cuz bow v horse dmg. But leaving him standing there will be fun enough.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
I definitely agree that the drive by MA's that kill people's horses then waltz into the distance give the build a bad name.

They are clearly very strong in an open field but with a little bit of tree or rock cover they are much easier to counter. Longbows really hurt horses and a dex mage peeking from behind cover is hard to hit.

If you are going to run around in the open world without any ranged ability then you better stay hidden in the terrain because it's not just MA's that are going to kite you to death if they see you.

I would be inclined to say that MAs should require a bigger primary points investment though, it just seems that everyone goes for it currently as it's such a small number of points on top of the rest of their build.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast