Mortal Online 1 - Legacy

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I use all the mortal hax like MOdat, MOmap, extraction stuff... cuz I wanna be SURE. I kind of know already. It's not some complex thing that you'd need a site for. You'd need like two pieces of paper max loool. Mapping it is tough, but I remember things in fragmented paths, so I could get from place to place.

Never trust a dude whose middle name is strife.

MO was more immersive than MO2. Everyone is hard focused on making gains in MO2. They were that way in later MO1 as well, like Sarducca. But nobody really cares about much else besides making gains. Like dude said MANA been farming flux exploit for more than a month straight, gfg. Sandbox experiences. Nobody wants to actually populate the world.

There need to be more things in the world for sure. I dunno why they can't just add more stuff. More mobs, less chase you down til you ded mobs. Mobs should light aggro on you usually like defensively growl then go after you if you go in. There could be special mobs that act like the mobs do now, that chase you from town to town, nipping at your horse... but generally NO. Then add in more loot stuff, more pickables. Make it seems like being out in nature with things to experience... not just a bunch of stuff like oh look all that granum... firm wood trees... ah... wolfbrush.

The thing is none of those things were available during the first few months if not year of MO1. Hell I still have the spread sheet of the .xml file extraction from the patcher for the materials database. I also remember the first maps, that were straight file rips from the patcher files. And how people tried to get the individual who created it banned for "hacking the game".

MO1 was more immersive because we didnt have half the crap we have now to make the game easier. We didnt rely on Discord VOIP, we didnt have in game VOIP at first. We didnt have crim action toggle, or nudity filters. We didnt have bright nights to roam around in. So we were forced to rely on the little communities we were part of . We each had our closely guarded secrets, spy alts were rampant and the game was all about information. That died about 8 years ago when people started creating websites and calculators and all of the things we have now.

Garfielf

May 28, 2020
In addition to the min/max and power leveling mindset of Mo2; The amounts of carcass dropped per mob is very different compared to Mo1, ~1000 carcass from a horse in Mo1 and several stacks in Mo2. Pigs dropped 400-1000 units of carcass and now drop almost a stack or more in Mo2.

Of course this is just one of the factors affecting the economy, but I wonder how much it affects things as people can vendor animal mats for consistent money.

Reactions: Floki The Viking

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The thing is none of those things were available during the first few months if not year of MO1. Hell I still have the spread sheet of the .xml file extraction from the patcher for the materials database. I also remember the first maps, that were straight file rips from the patcher files. And how people tried to get the individual who created it banned for "hacking the game".

MO1 was more immersive because we didnt have half the crap we have now to make the game easier. We didnt rely on Discord VOIP, we didnt have in game VOIP at first. We didnt have crim action toggle, or nudity filters. We didnt have bright nights to roam around in. So we were forced to rely on the little communities we were part of . We each had our closely guarded secrets, spy alts were rampant and the game was all about information. That died about 8 years ago when people started creating websites and calculators and all of the things we have now.

It's crazy all the people who did catalyst ratios, people who figured out how to make ogh etc. I dunno if they somehow extracted that from the game or they figured it out. I'm assuming (hoping?) that they figured it out. Unfort, it's just been too long. They would have had to remake systems or add systems, but like you said before, they actually seem to have taken away.

It's hard to give a shit about any PvE elements... not like farming mob for mat pve, but the crafting pve. Without cooking, I wouldn't have stuck in MO1, prol. I hate other game crafting shit where it's like get 2 leafs, 1 twig, and some hemp fiber... or everything is a preset recipe. I like the open 'dump it in' aspect of MO, but it can't last forever. Need like mutations or something (what I thought legendary weps might be?)

That's also my problem w/ new magic schools or w/e, just collecting stuff. You can't go out in the wild and come back a master of necromancy, you have to follow the path, then you're just like the other dudes. I find that really, really lame.

Reactions: Garfielf