Let's put the MOUNT back into Mounted Magery

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Yes, we're talking about moving while casting ecumenical spells. You can already cast ecumenical spells while moving forward on a mount. Being able to turn and cast while moving forward would not be game-breaking.
You honestly think that a class made for burst damage that relies on positioning and precise movements WOULDN'T be broken by making it so you dont have to think about your movement ?
Sure, let me just take my 80 damage hitscan spells and dip and doge around the forest. That sounds like good balancing.
While ur at it, let me take my ability to turn my char 340 degrees while aiming and just hit you while im zooming around everything.
Better yet, let me run circles around you with a shield on my back and heal my horse for 43 and myself for 37 without a care in the world.
With higher tier horse armor im only getting hit for 15's and with a higher tier shield im only getting hit for 5's.
Sounds totaly fair, don't you think?

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
lets do this, post a video of you fatmaging and ill tell you what you are doing wrong. Maybe that is the problem here.

Reactions: Archiel

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
You honestly think that a class made for burst damage that relies on positioning and precise movements WOULDN'T be broken by making it so you dont have to think about your movement ?
Sure, let me just take my 80 damage hitscan spells and dip and doge around the forest. That sounds like good balancing.
While ur at it, let me take my ability to turn my char 340 degrees while aiming and just hit you while im zooming around everything.
Better yet, let me run circles around you with a shield on my back and heal my horse for 43 and myself for 37 without a care in the world.
With higher tier horse armor im only getting hit for 15's and with a higher tier shield im only getting hit for 5's.
Sounds totaly fair, don't you think?
A better way to balance it would be to just increase cast times more, not making your investments into the skills and attribute points completely pointless, as it is now, you do not benefit from controlled riding, or dexterity as a mounted mage because you cannot turn while casting, and moving in a straight line it is super easy to be killed by any archer.

zozo

Feb 23, 2022
Burst damage? With what, the 7-second cast you need to be within ~1k range? Where your horse will be literally 2 shot by steel weapons if you get close?

Let's make sure you don't get hit while charging either because 70% that 7 second cast gets interrupted.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Burst damage? With what, the 7-second cast you need to be within ~1k range? Where your horse will be literally 2 shot by steel weapons if you get close?

Let's make sure you don't get hit while charging either because 70% that 7 second cast gets interrupted.
Are you running around with a lv 27 horse with no armor?
Why on earth are you getting close enough to be hit my melee weapons?
Now I genuinely want to see you play on a fatmage.
You got a video i can see?

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Are you running around with a lv 27 horse with no armor?
Why on earth are you getting close enough to be hit my melee weapons?
Now I genuinely want to see you play on a fatmage.
You got a video i can see?
You are so tunnel visioned on fatmage, don't you know that not every mounted mage is a fat mage? this is about a gameplay perspective not the one build you play bro, mounted magery as is is trash, you can't really argue against that.

Reactions: zozo

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
You are so tunnel visioned on fatmage, don't you know that not every mounted mage is a fat mage? this is about a gameplay perspective not the one build you play bro, mounted magery as is is trash, you can't really argue against that.
Im tunnel visioned on fatmages b/c they are the ones that are forced onto a horse. Dex mages do not need to be on a horse. mounted magery is not trash, you are just trash at mounted magery.

Reactions: Archiel

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Im tunnel visioned on fatmages b/c they are the ones that are forced onto a horse. Dex mages do not need to be on a horse. mounted magery is not trash, you are just trash at mounted magery.
You're not even on topic about what this thread is about, its about mounted magery, not fatmages, go make your own thread if you are so passionate about it.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Please tell me then, who is going to take mounted magery?
Anyone who is a mage? basically everyone uses a horse because running around the map on foot is a nightmare, the discussion is about mounted magery and not about mounted fat mages, I don't see how you aren't understanding this, mounted magery from a gameplay perspective just isn't enjoyable, being locked in a direction while casting and making the skills invested+attributes you may have be irrelevant is poor balance, I believe this post is about making it more enjoyable to play and not just about your one build.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Some scrubs not even understanding how to have a mounted mage built properly telling the best and top mounted mage and best fat mage because a mounted mage is a fat mage.

Same kids running around with the worse mage foot builds claiming to be top mages. Giving the worse advice to people about mage and hurting the game because of their horrible understanding of how to play mage.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Some scrubs not even understanding how to have a mounted mage built properly telling the best and top mounted mage and best fat mage because a mounted mage is a fat mage.

Same kids running around with the worse mage foot builds claiming to be top mages. Giving the worse advice to people about mage and hurting the game because of their horrible understanding of how to play mage.
I don't even know where to start here, no one cares who the best or worst is here, this is about GAMEPLAY mechanics, you guys are trying to balance around a single build that you play and that you say is best, thats bad design, and offtopic of what is being discussed here, how about you offer some actual feedback or a way to balance this in a way that is fun for everyone and not some mongoloid that says everything is fine with his build?

Reactions: Dramonis and zozo

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Bro, stop troll it doesn't make the game more fun and all the community of mortal online 2 knows that mages === glittering punch bags, even Henrik knows. One problem in the forums is that there is a bunch of MA that wants to justify the Meta, just to later don't have to pass trouble to rework the build. the game is 90% MA if mages were OP the game would be 90% MM. Because of this extreme fear of magic, the devs end up over-nerfing a skill, unbalancing the game, cuz now everyone is forced to have MA to make this game playable cuz skill has low cost and no flaws

The path to balance is simple, make every action skill fun and solo playable, and make something similar to MM counter MA, MA counter MC, MC counter MM

Reactions: CrgHck and Jandles

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022

Bro, stop troll it doesn't make the game more fun and all the community of mortal online 2 knows that mages === glittering punch bags, even Henrik knows. One problem in the forums is that there is a bunch of MA that wants to justify the Meta, just to later don't have to pass trouble to rework the build. the game is 90% MA if mages were OP the game would be 90% MM. Because of this extreme fear of magic, the devs end up over-nerfing a skill, unbalancing the game, cuz now everyone is forced to have MA to make this game playable cuz skill has low cost

The path to balance is simple, make every action skill fun and solo playable, and make something similar to MM counter MA, MA counter MC, MC counter MM

Reactions: Jandles

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Bro, stop troll it doesn't make the game more fun and all the community of mortal online 2 knows that mages === glittering punch bags, even Henrik knows. One problem in the forums is that there is a bunch of MA that wants to justify the Meta, just to later don't have to pass trouble to rework the build. the game is 90% MA if mages were OP the game would be 90% MM. Because of this extreme fear of magic, the devs end up over-nerfing a skill, unbalancing the game, cuz now everyone is forced to have MA to make this game playable cuz skill has low cost

There absolutely needs to be a combat triangle of some sorts, archers to counter mages, mages to counter melee, etc, but as is, archers just dunk on MM, as we get interrupted too easily and when forced in a straight line its too easy for an archer to just kill your mount, there needs to be some sort of rebalancing done to mounted magery and that is what this thread should discuss, not about fat mages.

Reactions: Dramonis

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Anyone who is a mage? basically everyone uses a horse because running around the map on foot is a nightmare, the discussion is about mounted magery and not about mounted fat mages, I don't see how you aren't understanding this, mounted magery from a gameplay perspective just isn't enjoyable, being locked in a direction while casting and making the skills invested+attributes you may have be irrelevant is poor balance, I believe this post is about making it more enjoyable to play and not just about your one build.
Fine, simple then. mounted magery shouldn't allow you to cast while turning because it would make MM too op. You would bob and weave to heal ur horse making you unkillable. I know you guys are new so you dont know this, but other schools allow you to cast while turing. The reason why you cant do that with ecu is b/c is has healing spells.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020

Jesus...
this is going in my meme collection.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Fine, simple then. mounted magery shouldn't allow you to cast while turning because it would make MM too op. You would bob and weave to heal ur horse making you unkillable. I know you guys are new so you dont know this, but other schools allow you to cast while turing. The reason why you cant do that with ecu is b/c is has healing spells.
Ok then, to counter your argument, allow casting while turning but increase the cast time WHEN turning, instead of fizzling out your spell, make the cast time increase relevant to your dexterity, bam, its balanced between high and low dex and its more fun to play.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Ok then, to counter your argument, allow casting while turning but increase the cast time WHEN turning, instead of fizzling out your spell, make the cast time increase relevant to your dexterity, bam, its balanced between high and low dex and its more fun to play.
number 1: ur a fool if you think SV can code that
number 2: why on earth would cast time be relative to your dex
number 3: your problem is not with MM its with how easy MA is

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
number 1: ur a fool if you think SV can code that
number 2: why on earth would cast time be relative to your dex
number 3: your problem is not with MM its with how easy MA is
1: Quit trolling, you have no idea what they can code or can't, this is feedback and suggestions, stay on topic.
2: for the same reason we can't cast while turning? balance dude, fat mages can't get high dex, which would balance them vs higher dex mages, dex also affects all movement, so having dex affect being able to turn while casting makes sense.
3: this topic isn't about MA, once again, stay on topic.