Let us combo our swings

D

Dracu

It’s true that he needs to react fast but you don’t that’s the problem.
This is just not true, fast weapons have a really small reaction time window, and i still need to block instantly in the right direction in a few MS. I see people mentioning the sword clang video alot, its the "slowest" sword in the game, parrying that is not magic, this was to showcase stuff. Lets take a katana, 1h weapon, warhammerrs, spears. Hence even the flammberge and the difference is huge.
I have a reaction time of 250 that is rather casual and normal for 25+ yr olds. I needed weeks to be at a point where i can block most stuff and only fuck up blocks cause of fat fingering.... most of the time.

You always have to account the input delay before your block gets send to server. EU does not make you parry everything... practise does, we also have the input delay which is huge.

Its true that EU players get a small MS advantage depending on ping of the other player, recent patch picked up on that from what i heard for both sides. Higher ping players can attack faster now and are able to block way more.

Teknique i dont judge you here since i know you have invested alot of time into testing but other people who refuse to practise and put some time into testing the current combat and constantly comparing it to mo1.

Iam kinda fed up at this point of this rumor that "EU Ping makes you parry everything" it just doesnt.
To me this is just blatant ignorant, saying you have it easy because EU ping, disregarding the hours and hours of practise that still went in.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It seems like a good way of making themselves feel better. We all know that the US are dominating the world of e-sports because they are usually better at everything they do. Oh wait.

There is issues that relate to ping and there is issues that don´t. Mixing them all together will give muddled feedback and make you sound like someone that does not know what they are talking about. It´s the same when people complain to Henrik about "the weapon bug" not being fixed. I mean there is several. Communicating in a clear and unbiased way will get us forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waalan and Dracu

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
This is just not true, fast weapons have a really small reaction time window, and i still need to block instantly in the right direction in a few MS. I see people mentioning the sword clang video alot, its the "slowest" sword in the game, parrying that is not magic, this was to showcase stuff. Lets take a katana, 1h weapon, warhammerrs, spears. Hence even the flammberge and the difference is huge.
I have a reaction time of 250 that is rather casual and normal for 25+ yr olds. I needed weeks to be at a point where i can block most stuff and only fuck up blocks cause of fat fingering.... most of the time.

You always have to account the input delay before your block gets send to server. EU does not make you parry everything... practise does, we also have the input delay which is huge.

Its true that EU players get a small MS advantage depending on ping of the other player, recent patch picked up on that from what i heard for both sides. Higher ping players can attack faster now and are able to block way more.

Teknique i dont judge you here since i know you have invested alot of time into testing but other people who refuse to practise and put some time into testing the current combat and constantly comparing it to mo1.

Iam kinda fed up at this point of this rumor that "EU Ping makes you parry everything" it just doesnt.
To me this is just blatant ignorant, saying you have it easy because EU ping, disregarding the hours and hours of practise that still went in.
At least you can react, for me even with a perfectly timed block with the reactions of a 12 year old korean I still get hit through my parries. It feels pretty much RNG at this point. Its like im still playing MO1 where you cant react to counters while u eu guys can play MO2 xD

And thats fine, you cant expect high ping to play the same game as low ping, but if every alternate playstyle to counter trading is gonna get nerfed then you alienate anyone with 130+ ping to the server. Im not gonna play a game where im just a piñata for ppl with lower ping than mine

Just as reacting to counters takes skill like you say, it also takes skill to consistently land hits on parry statues while zoning away from counters. Whats the big issue anyways? Is it that hard for you to land counters on moving targets even after run speed has been lowered so much?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
At least you can react, for me even with a perfectly timed block with the reactions of a 12 year old korean I still get hit through my parries. It feels pretty much RNG at this point. Its like im still playing MO1 where you cant react to counters while u eu guys can play MO2 xD

And thats fine, you cant expect high ping to play the same game as low ping, but if every alternate playstyle to counter trading is gonna get nerfed then you alienate anyone with 130+ ping to the server. Im not gonna play a game where im just a piñata for ppl with lower ping than mine

Just as reacting to counters takes skill like you say, it also takes skill to consistently land hits on parry statues while zoning away from counters. Whats the big issue anyways? Is it that hard for you to land counters on moving targets even after run speed has been lowered so much?
Right, apparently I suck more with word than I’ve ever realized.
A painful realization given my ability to orate eloquently in my own mind.
This is exactly it, you can’t nerf all alternate play styles that makes no sense and is going to significantly harm all demographics if sv tries to micromanage play styles. Also to hurt a good player 1% it scales you’ll then have to hurt that newer player 10-100-1000%

Reactions: ElPerro

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Malding almost slapped me within his 4 seconds of playing. I find the ping differential to be noticeable and it’s only logical if you add 10ms delay on 1 player and then 100ms on the other what do we expect to happen. I thank you for remaining objective even though we’re on opposite sides of the issue

Reactions: Dracu