Let us combo our swings

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Just like with parrying, you can now speed up your next swing animation by holding the LMB right after swinging. This has made flurrys more viable, which was needed due to the parry statue meta we have today, but it feels a bit too easy. Back in MO1 we also had this, but you had to time it right after the swing animation or you wouldnt charge another swing.

So my suggestion is remake this into a more skill based combo system like in mordhau, where if you time your next swing right you can trigger a faster combo animation that blends the 2 swing animations together. Would look cooler and improve gameplay.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yesss! Omg yes please let us combo our damn swings! Also (make it so you have to parry each swing not just the 1st one) this would make the game so much better then Parry Online. This with other combat abilities would be amazing.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Just like with parrying, you can now speed up your next swing animation by holding the LMB right after swinging. This has made flurrys more viable, which was needed due to the parry statue meta we have today, but it feels a bit too easy. Back in MO1 we also had this, but you had to time it right after the swing animation or you wouldnt charge another swing.

So my suggestion is remake this into a more skill based combo system like in mordhau, where if you time your next swing right you can trigger a faster combo animation that blends the 2 swing animations together. Would look cooler and improve gameplay.
I'm more focused on the bit too easy part. I hate how it is now, but if they can make it harder that would be great.

D

Dracu

Yeah do it by bannerlord, you can combo your swings aslong as the attack is not blocked... if its blocked its enemys turn to do an attack without fearing to take damage from the first attacker. He can combo and chain aslong as he hits. Rince and repeat and we have skillfull combat

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yesss! Omg yes please let us combo our damn swings! Also (make it so you have to parry each swing not just the 1st one) this would make the game so much better then Parry Online. This with other combat abilities would be amazing.
So it's not parry online, but eighter spam online, or double parry online?
And you really asked in the other thread why half the community always disagrees with you?
Currently we have the issue that high ping players have a hard time parring. With that change they would need to not only parry one hit, but several hits in a row. Pretty sure that would make the ping issue even worse.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah do it by bannerlord, you can combo your swings aslong as the attack is not blocked... if its blocked its enemys turn to do an attack without fearing to take damage from the first attacker. He can combo and chain aslong as he hits. Rince and repeat and we have skillfull combat

But wouldn't that result in people using only the fastest weapon available, to be able to combo-spam "infinetly"?

D

Dracu

But wouldn't that result in people using only the fastest weapon available, to be able to combo-spam "infinetly"?
not really, you would only be able to chain attacks if you either miss your opponent or hit him.
If you hit his parry the attacker should have to block or run.
What kind of weapon you use is irrelevant to that system.
Fast weapons still have to sit out and cant be spammed.
The advantage of fast weapons would still be low stam and faster on counters. SO they still keep their purpose.

Current system already rewards fastest weapon spamming. With thsi change the fastest weapons would loose alot of their spamming capeabilitys. And make combat alot more skill based imo.
Spamming and running is the easiest playstyle and its a shame that its viable.

D

Dracu

This would ofcourse require more "skills" to be useable then current combat has... this would require something to stop blocking so the attacker can do a hit

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
I think this should also be direction reliant, for example if you swing right to left a new swing starting from the left should be faster.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I like the motion here, though by making things faster for some folks does not help higher ping players. The faster the combat gets the harder it becomes for high ping players.

Truly the idea is great, it's just a rough when lower pings get the advantage already due to how much more they receive in information than a higher ping player.
I think making the combo do more damage over time as you continue timing a perfect swing properly. Then maybe after a player parries and you timing your second swing at the point of contact could then maybe, give you a bonus in damage/speed similar to the parry effect. Then both players would have an advantage at the same time, as long as the blocking system becomes more skill based ( Not auto block mid swing ) and it would give both defensive/ offensive styles something to attempt.

Idk though im to tired to think x.x -Patch loading - x.x

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
not really, you would only be able to chain attacks if you either miss your opponent or hit him.
If you hit his parry the attacker should have to block or run.
What kind of weapon you use is irrelevant to that system.
Fast weapons still have to sit out and cant be spammed.
The advantage of fast weapons would still be low stam and faster on counters. SO they still keep their purpose.

Current system already rewards fastest weapon spamming. With thsi change the fastest weapons would loose alot of their spamming capeabilitys. And make combat alot more skill based imo.
Spamming and running is the easiest playstyle and its a shame that its viable.
Shame that other playstyles than urs are viable? So using footwork is the easiest playstyle but counter wars with eu ping is skillbased? :unsure:

In MO1 you could already counter spammers, you could always find a hole in their flurry to sneak in a counter hit so you can swing -> parry, or if they attack non stop just parry everything till they stam out, or use footwork, etc. The game really doesnt need to be even easier for defensive playstyles...

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Shame that other playstyles than urs are viable? So using footwork is the easiest playstyle but counter wars with eu ping is skillbased? :unsure:

In MO1 you could already counter spammers, you could always find a hole in their flurry to sneak in a counter hit so you can swing -> parry, or if they attack non stop just parry everything till they stam out, or use footwork, etc. The game really doesnt need to be even easier for defensive playstyles...
I feel nothing but despair, the sens slow down has failed. While absolutely crushing the average player probably more NA's than EU's, its done nothing to harm me and I imagine the others they are targetting. Next on the list a hard turn cap and not allowing people to run away from counters..

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
I feel nothing but despair, the sens slow down has failed. While absolutely crushing the average player probably more NA's than EU's, its done nothing to harm me and I imagine the others they are targetting. Next on the list a hard turn cap and not allowing people to run away from counters..
absolutely NOTHING WRONG with hard turn cap and counter, if there is no hard turn cap people can have mouse macros to speed their mouse so is like there is no turn cap at all and counters IRL work so fast sometime you have no time to react and get hit so makes sense that counters become easy to hit

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
absolutely NOTHING WRONG with hard turn cap and counter, if there is no hard turn cap people can have mouse macros to speed their mouse so is like there is no turn cap at all and counters IRL work so fast sometime you have no time to react and get hit so makes sense that counters become easy to hit
Sure, but then you need to add a logic statement. If ping less than 50-70 than add 50-70ms delay. I mean if its just gonna be for honor / xbox controller combat than you can't have 1 player artificially faster than the other can you?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Interesting that i'm being called a parry whore in MO 2. I think you can vouch i've always been nothing but a flurrier, and I think thats quite evident in my MO 2 play style as well. What choice do I have when i'm playing counter online.

Does anyone else think its strange that my style is "too defensively advantaged and need more help for aggressive players"?

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
They fucked up btw, the turn cap is not even supposed to depend on ur dpi xD. I guess we'll know in 2 more weeks what the real turn cap is gonna be...

D

Dracu

Yes counter exchanges are skill based lol whats wrong with you? Never blocked a counter? You actually need to react fast if you fuck up full dmagae.

Hit n Run playstyle? Hmmm lets Hold S+Shift.... jesus iam so soooo skillfull. And after i hit i keep running yay iam so good at this game. Hey wait why cant i win like this? Defensiveplay is op!

This is not mo1 this is mo2. The combat here is different. You can react to counters now.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yes counter exchanges are skill based lol whats wrong with you? Never blocked a counter? You actually need to react fast if you fuck up full dmagae.

Hit n Run playstyle? Hmmm lets Hold S+Shift.... jesus iam so soooo skillfull. And after i hit i keep running yay iam so good at this game. Hey wait why cant i win like this? Defensiveplay is op!

This is not mo1 this is mo2. The combat here is different. You can react to counters now.
It’s true that he needs to react fast but you don’t that’s the problem.