Killing pets in towns

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I have already said, but I will clarify again, this game is not the only sandbox. In my opinion, the system of rules should be based on the example of eve online, where the game is divided into security sectors, where PVP is possible absolutely everywhere, but the higher the security level, the stronger the sanctions against an aggressive character. In the realities of this game, this is a criminal status of not 2 minutes but 4 hours, not minus one status point for murder, but minus one hundred status points. hardcore should be not only for those who defend themselves , but also for those who attack !
Restrictions isn't hardcore it's hand holding. You are free to retaliate, blue or red.

D

Deleted member 44

I strongly encourage people to use rep and murder counts to grief back against pet griefers. If someone kills, or attempts to kill your pet near a town, immediately bank your stuff and go die on purpose. I don't think the suicide button works, but you can eat poison, jump off a building, drown yourself, get smacked by a zombie, etc. Any attack on your pet counts as an attack on you, and if you die from additional damage subsequent to a player attacking you (or your pet), then you have the option to name that person as the murderer.
Are you promoting players use unintentional game mechanics?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Content of Haven is too small for "not to leave". There are many games like MO2 with PVE servers so in this plan MO2 is not unique game. I played in many such games like MO2 (Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Ark and others). How do you think what emotion will have player after wasting days for lvling pet and then another kill that pet for 5 sec without any penalty? Pets system is awfull for this reason. Skill Animal care is useless cause you cannot save your pet out of city more than 1-2 days. There are hundreds players in game kills pets without reasons and any penalty.
Spending a lot of time to gain something only to lose it all of a sudden is what separates MO2 from all the other games out there with pve servers. It is one of the things that draw players who are the game's target audience.

You are not supposed to get too attached to your possessions in this game. That's why items are relatively easy to replace, and a sprawling market economy exists in the game as it does.

Apart from that, it is this very risk versus reward form of gameplay that fuels the adrenaline rush, and the need to watch your surroundings everywhere you go. You won't get this in a pve server.

I too have played a lot of mmos with pve servers, but they lack the very thing that MO2 provides. The need to plan ahead, think things through, and act accordingly in every action you take no matter how big or small.

Now, to address the non-responsive guards when a pet is illegally killed, if it is due to a bug then it is up to SV to fix it. But if it's due to a case of carelessness or misfortune, that's a different story altogether.

Last edited:

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
I too have played a lot of mmos with pve servers, but they lack the very thing that MO2 provides. The need to plan ahead, think things through, and act accordingly in every action you take no matter how big or small.
Wrong. All games I mentioned has many PVP servers and has the same and even more than MO2 has, therefore I repeat: There is nothing unique in MO2
You have "to plan ahead, think things through, and act accordingly in every action you take no matter how big or small" in that games on PVP servers too.

p.s. Try to play Rust on any official PVP server and feel real hardcore. After that you will recognize that MO2 compared to the Rust is just kids sandbox

Last edited:

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Wrong. All games I mentioned has many PVP servers and has the same and even more than MO2 has, therefore I repeat: There is nothing unique in MO2
You have "to plan ahead, think things through, and act accordingly in every action you take no matter how big or small" in that games on PVP servers too.

p.s. Try to play Rust on any official PVP server and feel real hardcore. After that you will recognize that MO2 compared to the Rust is just kids sandbox
We get it. You want to free farm stuff for the sake of.....getting stuff? I dont really see your point in having a PVE server since PVE only exists to feed the PVP.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
We get it. You want to free farm stuff for the sake of.....getting stuff? I dont really see your point in having a PVE server since PVE only exists to feed the PVP.
I dont care about developers MO2 money (I am convinced that they lose thousands potential players without PVE server)
I dont care how many people play in MO2 and how many people leave it
I dont care about PVE server in MO2
I like MO2 and enjoy it
For me its OK and I dont frustrate loosing pets and stuff sometimes. (For example, in Rust you get killed every 30 min and every 1-2 days raiders raid your houses with all stuff)

p.s BTW all my stuff in MO2 is in safe in cities (for example there are no banks\cities in Rust)

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Maybe. This doesn't seem unintentional to me, but I'd have to check the official list of unintentional game mechanics to be sure. Do you have one handy?
Like jumping off of a roof and killings yourself so that you can 'report someone for murder' sounds pretty unintended to me. That said, them rerolling to come back and kill more pets is also an unintended way to avoid game mechanics, so to me it evens out. They key to success at this game seems to be abusing bugs so no reason to not do it to punish people griefing you. If SV wants people to stop doing it they can fix it so it doesnt work.

They need to make it so you can reroll for free but lose your 'Action' skills and optionally clade gift xp. But you keep your standing and MC (and profession skills). They can make a full delete option that resets MC and standing, all skills, etc have a cooldown so people cant just spam suicide characters. Would be a huge win. Me and my friend want to change race but isnt anywhere near worth deleting and losing all our lores and stuff.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Like jumping off of a roof and killings yourself so that you can 'report someone for murder' sounds pretty unintended to me.
This mechanic and its creative uses have been around since MO1. The game engine can tell the difference between damage caused by a hostile player and damage caused by other sources. The game engine can also detect how much time has passed since a hostile player has caused harm to another player. If the mechanic were unintended, it would have been modified by now.

I would agree that this particular use of the mechanic is probably unintended. However, unintended use of mechanics is part of sandbox philosophy. Until the developers come out and say "don't do that," it's just a creative solution.

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
PVE servers in Ark, Lif, Rust, Scum, Atlas, Ark, Conan Exiles, RoC and many many sandboxes with open world are not empty. There are many people who want to discover content in game: traveling, taming, building, battle with NPC, trade with players, cooperate for dungeons and stay safty from another players. There are really many such players. They want to discover world of MO2 but have no possibility do it cause another players kills them, their pets, destroy their houses. Simple to say: murders interfere with enjoying the game
I would also prefer to play on a PvE server. I have also been killed just like that and my horse too. They hit me like crazy. I think probably that if MO2 fee will I stop playing. If I think, I tame animals zb. and at the next corner kills some murderer my animal. And then I should pay monthly even for it. And anyway, it is a bad feeling to leave the city alone to explore the world. No, I will probably not do that.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

D

Deleted member 44

I would also prefer to play on a PvE server. I have also been killed just like that and my horse too. They hit me like crazy. I think probably that if MO2 fee will I stop playing. If I think, I tame animals zb. and at the next corner kills some murderer my animal. And then I should pay monthly even for it. And anyway, it is a bad feeling to leave the city alone to explore the world. No, I will probably not do that.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
See yah

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
I strongly encourage people to use rep and murder counts to grief back against pet griefers. If someone kills, or attempts to kill your pet near a town, immediately bank your stuff and go die on purpose. I don't think the suicide button works, but you can eat poison, jump off a building, drown yourself, get smacked by a zombie, etc. Any attack on your pet counts as an attack on you, and if you die from additional damage subsequent to a player attacking you (or your pet), then you have the option to name that person as the murderer.
youre actively telling people to use exploits, how are you not banned?

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Content of Haven is too small for "not to leave". There are many games like MO2 with PVE servers so in this plan MO2 is not unique game. I played in many such games like MO2 (Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Ark and others). How do you think what emotion will have player after wasting days for lvling pet and then another kill that pet for 5 sec without any penalty? Pets system is awfull for this reason. Skill Animal care is useless cause you cannot save your pet out of city more than 1-2 days. There are hundreds players in game kills pets without reasons and any penalty.
your emotions dont matter, you should quit the game. Otherwise imma make you cry more.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Are you promoting players use unintentional game mechanics?
yup, this is actually getting pretty rampant. Looking for pvp, instead i go crim, they run into town or jump off a cliff to kill themselves. Not sure of the angle but if you dont want to pvp, please find another game.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
im, they run into town or jump off a cliff to kill themselves.
Maybe. This doesn't seem unintentional to me, but I'd have to check the official list of unintentional game mechanics to be sure. Do you have one handy?
killing yourself to force someone a murder count for shooting you or your horse is literally exploiting the crim system. Youre literally the worst kind of player, maybe go fight the person and maybe come out on top, instead of suiciding to force a murder and rep loss when they didnt even kill you.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
youre actively telling people to use exploits, how are you not banned?
I'm not banned because it's not an illegal exploit. You can report my post if you think it is. Get a mod or a GM to tell me I'm wrong.

killing yourself to force someone a murder count for shooting you or your horse is literally exploiting the crim system. Youre literally the worst kind of player, maybe go fight the person and maybe come out on top, instead of suiciding to force a murder and rep loss when they didnt even kill you.
If you're in town sniping horses, you're literally the worst kind of player. I don't fight griefers. That's what they want. Why would I do that? Losing a horse is usually worse than getting killed. The horse cannot be resurrected and usually the horse has more value in its inventory than the owner.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Why crying kids are always tamers? I'm starting to feel ashamed saying out loud that i like to play a dominator on Mortal Online lmao

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
It's pretty lame to spend hours finding a decent pet to tame and then days training it, only for someone with a bow to kill it in under a minute from a bank roof.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
Losing a horse is usually worse than getting killed. The horse cannot be resurrected and usually the horse has more value in its inventory than the owner.
I am grateful for your such helpful advice. In the near future, as soon as I have the opportunity (my pet will be killed near the city), I will make a special video and tell (show) my subscribers about it, who also play MO2. So that as many normal players as possible leak reputation to gray bastards who kill pets. Thank you.

P/s Yesterday I with my wife was going to the North from Morin Khur for Jotune horses. Our path there takes 1,5 hours and back 1,5 hours. It was miracle that for that 3 hours nobody killed our horses.
BD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Melhisedek