Killing pets in towns

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
very often I meet a situation when a pet is killed right in the city next to the guards and they don't do anything at all, just look somewhere into the wall and that's it, is there some kind of bug or mechanics?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
I strongly encourage people to use rep and murder counts to grief back against pet griefers. If someone kills, or attempts to kill your pet near a town, immediately bank your stuff and go die on purpose. I don't think the suicide button works, but you can eat poison, jump off a building, drown yourself, get smacked by a zombie, etc. Any attack on your pet counts as an attack on you, and if you die from additional damage subsequent to a player attacking you (or your pet), then you have the option to name that person as the murderer.

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
I strongly encourage people to use rep and murder counts to grief back against pet griefers. If someone kills, or attempts to kill your pet near a town, immediately bank your stuff and go die on purpose. I don't think the suicide button works, but you can eat poison, jump off a building, drown yourself, get smacked by a zombie, etc. Any attack on your pet counts as an attack on you, and if you die from additional damage subsequent to a player attacking you (or your pet), then you have the option to name that person as the murderer.

thanks for the advice ! I found one of the answers - sometimes if you shoot from the roof of the tent, the guards will just look and do nothing, as in my case. Interesting mechanics - I spent 8 hours of real time pumping pet in the city, and he was killed in just a minute for fun. But in most games where there are at least some rules, the game puts the player in a situation and offers some solutions. But here is a situation that does not have and does not suggest a solution, what can be done to exclude such a thing or not let peta be killed - nothing. Spend 8 hours and see how anyone, without any difficulties for themselves, in a guarded city will reduce the entire game day to zero. I perfectly understand what kind of game it is and what it is about, but such a format without rules and solutions is not viable, as the falling online says.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah this has happened to me a few times. I don't even care that much but then it's like you have to waste 30 minutes running back to the stables and etc

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
How long it works after murder killed my pet? 5min? 10 min? The problem that it could take time to come to bank in huge towns like Morin Khur.

I perfectly understand what kind of game it is and what it is about, but such a format without rules and solutions is not viable, as the falling online says.
This game lose thousands of people cause MO2 hasnst PVE server. I know many people who like MO2 and played in Haven, but when they come to Myrland and see that its impossible to play comfortable they left MO2.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
This game lose thousands of people cause MO2 hasnst PVE server. I know many people who like MO2 and played in Haven, but when they come to Myrland and see that its impossible to play comfortable they left MO2.
A PVE server is completely out of the question for a game like MO2. Haven was meant to prepare new players for what lies ahead when they leave for the mainland.

Either new players are viewing the Haven experience in the wrong way, or Haven has been designed to be way too care bear that new players are not prepared for the actual game on Myrland.

The fact that SV is adding more and more content to Haven also isn't helping, I think. It may be slowly turning Haven into a viable Trammel where new players will be happy to stay and not leave.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
The fact that SV is adding more and more content to Haven also isn't helping, I think. It may be slowly turning Haven into a viable Trammel where new players will be happy to stay and not leave.

Content of Haven is too small for "not to leave". There are many games like MO2 with PVE servers so in this plan MO2 is not unique game. I played in many such games like MO2 (Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Ark and others). How do you think what emotion will have player after wasting days for lvling pet and then another kill that pet for 5 sec without any penalty? Pets system is awfull for this reason. Skill Animal care is useless cause you cannot save your pet out of city more than 1-2 days. There are hundreds players in game kills pets without reasons and any penalty.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Content of Haven is too small for "not to leave". There are many games like MO2 with PVE servers so in this plan MO2 is not unique game. I played in many such games like MO2 (Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Ark and others). How do you think what emotion will have player after wasting days for lvling pet and then another kill that pet for 5 sec without any penalty? Pets system is awfull for this reason. Skill Animal care is useless cause you cannot save your pet out of city more than 1-2 days. There are hundreds players in game kills pets without reasons and any penalty.
How on earth do people like you even pick this game up? The steam site itself has tags with PVP, FULL LOOT, OPEN WORLD, SANDBOX and advertises itself as a dangerous full loot game. If you play this game for pve i do not know what to tell u lmao.

Reactions: Melhisedek

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022

I've adapated; I have an alt that I reroll Oghmir clade lvl 2 and then exit Haven. You'll slow me down about 30minutes @ 5count but it's an equal trade for your time often. Then i'm right back out there pumping horses. It is simply the most engaging and exciting way to play the game.

T. HorsePumper

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
How on earth do people like you even pick this game up? The steam site itself has tags with PVP, FULL LOOT, OPEN WORLD, SANDBOX and advertises itself as a dangerous full loot game. If you play this game for pve i do not know what to tell u lmao.
I played in MO all 2011 for PVE content cause I like world of MO. I am playing MO2 for that reason, I dont interest in PVP in this game (for this purpose I play Rust, Scum, etc). I like MO2 and continue to play and make videos. I just said why MO2 are loosing thousands of potential players.
I have no any claims to MO2. I like it and I play it.

Reactions: Jatix

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
I played in MO all 2011 for PVE content cause I like world of MO. I am playing MO2 for that reason, I dont interest in PVP in this game (for this purpose I play Rust, Scum, etc). I like MO2 and continue to play and make videos. I just said why MO2 are loosing thousands of potential players.
I completely agree ! Hardcore means that the game puts the player in more difficult situations but always offers solutions to these situations. MO2 does not offer any solutions, it says there is freedom of action and there is no responsibility for them - losing one stand after killing is ridiculous! In any free pvp game, each player should think seriously before killing another player because the penalties for doing so are very severe and the benefits must exceed those penalties. Here they kill only for fun and just to prevent other players from enjoying the game. I don't think the developers intended it that way.

Reactions: POMEH

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Fair. But why make a pve server? The pve server will be dead in a week. There is no point in making items if you are not losing them or taking durability losses. The PVE is only fun because of the risk of PVP and like it or not the PVP is what keeps the economy going.

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
Fair. But why make a pve server? The pve server will be dead in a week. There is no point in making items if you are not losing them or taking durability losses. The PVE is only fun because of the risk of PVP and like it or not the PVP is what keeps the economy going.
Yes, therefore, it is necessary to introduce tougher sanctions for killings in town zones ! - 100 standing for a kill blue near town, 4-8 hours criminal debuff ! Create a security lvls divide by regions like a EVE online

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
PVE servers in Ark, Lif, Rust, Scum, Atlas, Ark, Conan Exiles, RoC and many many sandboxes with open world are not empty. There are many people who want to discover content in game: traveling, taming, building, battle with NPC, trade with players, cooperate for dungeons and stay safty from another players. There are really many such players. They want to discover world of MO2 but have no possibility do it cause another players kills them, their pets, destroy their houses. Simple to say: murders interfere with enjoying the game

Reactions: Levr

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
PVE servers in Ark, Lif, Rust, Scum, Atlas, Ark, Conan Exiles, RoC and many many sandboxes with open world are not empty. There are many people who want to discover content in game: traveling, taming, building, battle with NPC, trade with players, cooperate for dungeons and stay safty from another players. There are really many such players. They want to discover world of MO2 but have no possibility do it cause another players kills them, their pets, destroy their houses. Simple to say: murders interfere with enjoying the game
The game is based around secrets and discovering stuff out. If there would be PVE servers they would just get abused by the sweatiest PVP players to safely minmax and find new content. The game is supposed to be dangerous and have the ever present danger of PVP. If you cannot handle the PVP while doing pverptaming, tough luck kid.

Reactions: Melhisedek

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
The game is based around secrets and discovering stuff out. If there would be PVE servers they would just get abused by the sweatiest PVP players to safely minmax and find new content. The game is supposed to be dangerous and have the ever present danger of PVP. If you cannot handle the PVP while doing pverptaming, tough luck kid.
pvp should have rules similar to those in eve online and others. but this game no heave pvp rules

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
this game no heave pvp rules
Sure it does. You go gray, I admit that timer should be longer. Lose standing when you get MC and there are guards.
Even if the timer is short that does not mean you cant take your revenge, if that was true then the murderer could not kill you in the first place.
There are also players who love to hunt people for bounties.
most importantly I think is do not bring your pet to town if you do not have to. If you bring your pet in to bank then you deserve to be stalked and lose that pet, make use of stable.

that being said I can not wait for the time when we will not need towns and can live out of our homes.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
pvp should have rules similar to those in eve online and others. but this game no heave pvp rules
Care to elaborate? What rules do you want? I dunno sounds like the sandbox part of the game lays heavy on some people.....

Reactions: C3ncio

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
How long it works after murder killed my pet? 5min? 10 min? The problem that it could take time to come to bank in huge towns like Morin Khur.
I never bothered to measure, but it seems like a pretty long time. At least 10 minutes.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Levr

Jan 29, 2022
I never bothered to measure, but it seems like a pretty long time. At least 10 minutes.
I have already said, but I will clarify again, this game is not the only sandbox. In my opinion, the system of rules should be based on the example of eve online, where the game is divided into security sectors, where PVP is possible absolutely everywhere, but the higher the security level, the stronger the sanctions against an aggressive character. In the realities of this game, this is a criminal status of not 2 minutes but 4 hours, not minus one status point for murder, but minus one hundred status points. hardcore should be not only for those who defend themselves , but also for those who attack !

Reactions: POMEH