It's not just "pixels" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
...It's time.

Pixels are a token that represent real time spent in game. And time does have a quantifiable value. Employers pay by the hour, for example.

We choose to use our spare time playing a game. We could use that time to earn money but we instead accept the trade of time for pleasure.

So when someone says "it's just pixels" remind yourself that it isn't. It's the most valuable commodity that you'll ever own: time. It's finite and it's irreplaceable. You have a right to demand the highest value for it. Don't let anyone short-change you for your time by saying "it's just pixels".

Reactions: The Khan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You have no right to demand anything
that is entitlement
yeah the issue is egotistical nature of these people. How dare some one PvP me. They act as if real life crime has been committed. They just cant cope with that someone else has exerted some level of control over them.

Its not that they had lost pixels or time. Its that some one owned them. Even for just a little bit of their time.

These people are toxic, and wont be able to function no matter how many concessions you make for them.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
You have no right to demand anything
that is entitlement
Yes, it is indeed entitlement, and I am entitled to spend my own time as I wish. You have no right to tell me how to spend it and you definitely don't have the right to take it without my consent.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yes, it is indeed entitlement, and I am entitled to spend my own time as I wish. You have no right to tell me how to spend it and you definitely don't have the right to take it without my consent.
Back at you lol, you have no right to ask for more punishments for PvPers. Its the PvPers time, not yours.
You left haven knowing this game was full loot openworld PvP. You agreed to PvP. You agreed to the consequences of dying in game. You agreed to PvP.

But you act as if you didnt make those choices.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Back at you lol, you have no right to ask for more punishments for PvPers. Its the PvPers time, not yours.
You left haven knowing this game was full loot openworld PvP. You agreed to PvP. You agreed to the consequences of dying in game. You agreed to PvP.

But you act as if you didnt make those choices.
It's a trade off. I consent to a fair trade of my time for yours but your demands of my time are disproportionate to the time you are committing. It's essentially an informal contract that either of us can withdraw from. It benefits both of us for the contract to be fair.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
yeah the issue is egotistical nature of these people. How dare some one PvP me. They act as if real life crime has been committed. They just cant cope with that someone else has exerted some level of control over them.

Its not that they had lost pixels or time. Its that some one owned them. Even for just a little bit of their time.

These people are toxic, and wont be able to function no matter how many concessions you make for them.
Bit of a control freak are we? That figures 😂

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
You choose to spend your time playin MO2 same as me, your total time in MO2 is up to you, I havent taken your time only your pixels you decide if it's worth putting in more time to replace them.

Like Tzone said you have given your consent when you log on we are all playing within the rules of the game.
You have a right to an opinion and a right to selfdefense.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
You choose to spend your time playin MO2 same as me, your total time in MO2 is up to you, I havent taken your time only your pixels you decide if it's worth putting in more time to replace them.

Like Tzone said you have given your consent when you log on we are all playing within the rules of the game.
You have a right to an opinion and a right to selfdefense.
Correct again. For the time being I do consent but don't expect that patience to last forever.
One of the things that you fail to realise is that I can just as easily waste your time. I can't do that by killing you, ofc, but there are other ways. If I'm already losing time then maybe it would be more productive for me to aim specifically to waste yours?

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Correct again. For the time being I do consent but don't expect that patience to last forever.
One of the things that you fail to realise is that I can just as easily waste your time. I can't do that by killing you, ofc, but there are other ways. If I'm already losing time then maybe it would be more productive for me to aim specifically to waste yours?
Time is only wasted if I deem it so
So be my guest and try

Reactions: Atom

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Time is only wasted if I deem it so
So be my guest and try
That was just the invite I was waiting for!

This forum is only a small taste of how irritating I can be 😉

There may be some collateral damage so I'll remember to credit you for the instigation 👍

Reactions: CrgHck

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
...It's time.

Pixels are a token that represent real time spent in game. And time does have a quantifiable value. Employers pay by the hour, for example.

We choose to use our spare time playing a game. We could use that time to earn money but we instead accept the trade of time for pleasure.

So when someone says "it's just pixels" remind yourself that it isn't. It's the most valuable commodity that you'll ever own: time. It's finite and it's irreplaceable. You have a right to demand the highest value for it. Don't let anyone short-change you for your time by saying "it's just pixels".

Thing is, you gotta set up what you do. You gotta enjoy what you do. Yea time... I'm gonna dox myself: 1 acct, 166 hrs, 20 hrs in last 2 weeks. 2nd acct, 552 hrs (a lot of beta tbh lol, the whole launch thing really kinda soured me,) 20 hrs in last 2 weeks.

I do mining and put some weps up on broker. I do farming for mats and gather. I make food. This is just kinda yawny drink your coffee and... sort of content. I'll grab a horse, then sometimes I'll take that horse out and trade it for a desert horse. I got bags full of "ok" armor suits. Got alil steel, got a lil jade. I got like 350 raw gold atm. I'm living a pretty meager life, but nothing is out of my reach and I know with a slight deviation from my routine, I could ramp up effort and get x book or whatever. Everything else I can get myself except like ironsilk or teph. It did take time to acquire all this stuff, 40 hrs in 2 weeks, even if some of it was spent chatting is no small amount of time, but it's not enough time to be like... SHIT. I usually put up about 1 hr a day for a task and when I play more, I am just dicking around. You get gains dicking around, too.

The deeper thing is that in 700 hrs I could have achieved fluency in a language or mastered a craft. But of course, it's not 100% concentration all time, prol less than 15/25% of the time. THAT'S the sad part about the wasted time is that you are on MO at all. But once you are on there, if your time v gains or effort v fun balance is screwed, you are playing yourself. I find gaming to be a stress reliever and I much prefer menial tasks to say... sitting in front of the TV. My hands have suffered for such a decision, but I still feel that way. At least my brain is somewhat engaged.

Reactions: CrgHck and Atom

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
For the amount of time you spend on the forums or in help chat complaining about the game being a full loot sandbox, I'm not surprised you have so little time, that even something so minor as dying naked is a huge time setback for you.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia

You should definitely consider a game where people "stealing your time" isn't an issue shouldn't you?

Here is the problem, the fact that people can do this is exciting to me.
By being it exciting it provides more entertainment.
By providing more entertainment I consider spending more time in MO.

So... please stop trying to take my time and enjoyment against my will.

Reactions: CrgHck

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
You should definitely consider a game where people "stealing your time" isn't an issue shouldn't you?

Here is the problem, the fact that people can do this is exciting to me.
By being it exciting it provides more entertainment.
By providing more entertainment I consider spending more time in MO.

So... please stop trying to take my time and enjoyment against my will.
You chose to read it and reply. Based on what you wrote I assume you enjoyed telling me your opinion or else you wouldn't have replied.

No need to thank me for providing you with content 👍

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
For the amount of time you spend on the forums or in help chat complaining about the game being a full loot sandbox, I'm not surprised you have so little time, that even something so minor as dying naked is a huge time setback for you.
Fortunately, I have a job that allows me to write in the forums while working. I guess you could say I was stealing time from my work but even with my forum warrior side job I'm still getting twice as much work done as everyone else. Maybe, then, you can see why I value my time so highly. I'm getting paid to troll you here 😁

Everyone is missing the point, anyway. I'm not complaining about getting killed. I, like you, do enjoy the risk of getting killed. That is part of the game. What I'm saying here is that the PKers are missing out on that. I feel bad for them not getting the adrenaline rush because PKing has tiny risk with big rewards. It must be pretty boring for them, right? 😂

Vaith

May 28, 2020
soyboy-crying.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.