It's not just "pixels" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Spoken like a true dosser. I'd be jealous but I feel bad for your mum waiting hand and foot on her manchild son.

why are you going full dick mode? The argument "I work hard" so my time is valuable is insane. It's insane when a professional (like a Dr) on the phone gives you that "rushed" vibe, and it's even more insane to plug into a video game. I understand people said some slightly foul shit to you in this thread, but I don't agree w/ you going where you are going. You're like 1 step from posting your salary.

Don't let A. The forums or B. MO break you. Like I said, this is a complex psychology test. You say you do mad work in little time, should try the same in MO. Sometimes you get a bad roll and end up getting ganked w/ a lot of stuff. It happens.

I don't agree w/ the troll war that started in this thread, and I shouldn't be on the forums anyway (hehh,) but I also don't understand why you are fighting back as you are. You can actual devalue your argument by personal behavior, especially as the OP.

Be easy.

I don't feel I am entitled to anyone's loot who is playing the game because "it's full loot and they signed up for it," but by the same token, I don't feel entitled to spend my valuable time un-harrassed. If you believe in basic human dignity and rights (as you seem to, at least for your own rights and such), you should also understand everyone's time is valuable haha. To say it's not is to devalue their very existence, which is somewhere things should not go on a video game forum (imo.)

Vaelic

Apr 5, 2022
Spoken like a true dosser. I'd be jealous but I feel bad for your mum waiting hand and foot on her manchild son.
Only a manchild would take the time to cry about getting PVP'd in a PVP game. MY TIME! WAAAH.. no one cares how long it took you to make a set of fullgrain you pathetic peasant.

• Haha
Reactions: Atom

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Go ahead and ask the cops to do something about a kid in a video game killing you. Then come back here and let us know how well it went.

Cops have to respond to calls no matter what actually but yeah it would be silly. Regardless you are going on a tangent 'What if' 'This that' kind of argument and steering far from what I said. Which is that if your life philosophy is 'I should take whatever is given to me and never complain or try to change my circumstances' then you're in for a sad life but better you than me I guess

Reactions: Atom

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Only a manchild would take the time to cry about getting PVP'd in a PVP game. MY TIME! WAAAH.. no one cares how long it took you to make a set of fullgrain you pathetic peasant.

I see you haven't leveled up your reading comprehension. It can be learned by doing it if you can't afford the 5c book.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah. But the point was that you don't get the same time penalty for slamming people and taking their shit.
Maybe I got it wrong. Blue players are the criminals and grey players are playing by the rules.
Yes but its also your choice to risk whatever you risk. I roam in bone tissue with a flake weapon and a bow. All I need to kill anyone I can kill. Everyone I cant kill outnumbers me and is mounted so I don't need the better gear, and would be free loot. Nobody is going to get excited over looting my 60 lores shit.

Dying while farming is a pain in the ass. But SV cant adjust the punishment to account for that you farmed for an hour before dying vs dying 10 seconds after leaving town. So my goal is to always risk as little as possible, saves a lot of time if you die. This includes farming. Short, local farm trips, way less risk if you die. Farther bigger farm runs are for groups sadly.

And while it feels like the red put in 0 effort to get free stuff, they also probobly rode for like an hour to find you, even if you are near town. Reds who arent heavily abusing the game dont live at the town they grief. So they had to ride across the world to get to the area they are hunting.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I roam in bone tissue with a flake weapon and a bow.

Nobody is going to get excited over looting my 60 lores shit.

ahaha, I play the same way but it ain't THAT fuckin' grim!! Same idea tho for sure.

On foot? At least you got steel BALLS The truth is, if you wanted to be smart about it and not really go near towns or whatever, knew the spots that people go, you could catch a lot of people in pretty trash gear and the only time you'd get zerged is by bad luck. But 100% I still stand by what I said, almost nobody solo roams anymore. SAD!

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
Jesus.

Atom, you started out with a decent message, even if a bit misguided... and then you fell, and you fell pretty far. You're now coming across as a jaded, materialistic cunt whose dick gets hard at the thought of his own intellectual superiority.

In case you missed this message on Sesame Street; people don't think worse than you: just differently.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Jesus.

Atom, you started out with a decent message, even if a bit misguided... and then you fell, and you fell pretty far. You're now coming across as a jaded, materialistic cunt whose dick gets hard at the thought of his own intellectual superiority.

In case you missed this message on Sesame Street; people don't think worse than you: just differently.
This is how these people really are. Egotistical people that need to cope with the fact someone had some control over them in a video game. Acting like the rest of us are going to hell for it. When they ask for systems to limit PvP its mainly just them wanting punishment and retributions because they are angry and hatefull individuals but they cant do it them selves.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
ahaha, I play the same way but it ain't THAT fuckin' grim!! Same idea tho for sure.

On foot? At least you got steel BALLS The truth is, if you wanted to be smart about it and not really go near towns or whatever, knew the spots that people go, you could catch a lot of people in pretty trash gear and the only time you'd get zerged is by bad luck. But 100% I still stand by what I said, almost nobody solo roams anymore. SAD!
DW I just camp around town hence my fantastic gear set. roamign any farther foot is just hell lol. I cant bring myself to mounted roam because I hate this games mounted even more than MO1's. I don't feel like my trash mount dying in my first engagement to anyone with a bow, then having to walk 30 mins to a new horse spawn so I can repeat until I get zerged.

killah2227

Dec 20, 2021
This is the thread directly under this one "What would revitalize MO2? Just some thoughts... "

The op was talking about the innate flaw of a PvP focus MMO. Which is loss of player time. People called out entitlement because he "valued" his time which apparently he has no right to? This community tends to argue away the complaints of the masses as if that would make anything better.

I understand the community of MO1 wants to keep this MMO true to its vision but MO1 wasn't working well to begin with. Would you rather have the full loot PvP vision of this game or a game that more than 10 people play?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
DW I just camp around town hence my fantastic gear set. roamign any farther foot is just hell lol. I cant bring myself to mounted roam because I hate this games mounted even more than MO1's. I don't feel like my trash mount dying in my first engagement to anyone with a bow, then having to walk 30 mins to a new horse spawn so I can repeat until I get zerged.

I got a lil pvp in Bakti just a sec ago before I logged to play ps4, was waitin' for a dude to jump on. Dude in steel came in thru, I was tryin to train pole sword. HE TOOK MY FLAKE POLE. I think I can fux with pole tbh, but I need to spec on guildies or something. I don't mind mounted but yea I feel you. The game does need more action tho, for real. That's why I don't mind dying over and over.

And nah Tzone it's not these people, there are no people. It's just a dude on the forum. But you're not wrong that some people have a toxic mindset, just as much as the people who get hard off their 'pvp skillz,' it's two sides of the same coin. They eventually expose themselves. I think that Atom can still be saved, he's just being defensive. Like I said the game fucks with people's mind. If people haven't experienced soul-rending tragedy in their life, they are gonna wile out over this game, esp if they are active forum posters.

I still hope we can all be friends cuzzz I mean you got people like dood, people like you, people like me, people like Jatix... that's the point of this game, to put all these people in the same place and make it interesting. Right now, the game is kinda trash, but it should be noted that as much as they catered to the "pvpers should be punished harder!" I don't know that people are satisfied... so it makes ya wonder... if it was even worth it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is the thread directly under this one "What would revitalize MO2? Just some thoughts... "

The op was talking about the innate flaw of a PvP focus MMO. Which is loss of player time. People called out entitlement because he "valued" his time which apparently he has no right to? This community tends to argue away the complaints of the masses as if that would make anything better.

I understand the community of MO1 wants to keep this MMO true to its vision but MO1 wasn't working well to begin with. Would you rather have the full loot PvP vision of this game or a game that more than 10 people play?
semantics because people would still play. If I wanted to play a lesser game there are options for that so whats the point of making this game like those games just because more people would play it. I would just play those lesser games in the first place.
So yeah, I would have the better game with less people. Even way less instead of another lesser game with more people.

The issue is that hes acting as if he is entitled to people not fighting him, which he is not. He would call the cops on us if that was possible. He equates lost of pixels as a actual crime to him. The dude has issues with a poor mentality and even poorer coping skills.

Making concessions for these types of awefull toxic players like atom is not going to stop anywhere on the spetrum besides total carebear, untill they stop complaining about PvP. You will never satisfy them, so trying will only make a lesser game when it doenst need to be in order to get a broad scope of normal players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

The op was talking about the innate flaw of a PvP focus MMO. Which is loss of player time.

OK OK. I got one more. Then yea... forums. hehhhh.

- there is no innate flaw of PvP focus MMOs - The closest thing to a flaw is the fact that people are pussies and want to form mega-alliances. Like they have supposed anti-monopoly laws (which aren't really enforced) in life, that is needed in MMOs, too. If all time is equal, I spent 45 minutes walking down, got a horse, killed some sators, gathered some muse fruit. Not gonna put a value on a horse, but prol at least 15g, sators I vended the trash for 5g, got some mats that I'll keep, finished up a stack of keel scale which I threw on the broker for 5g. The Stack of muse cooked out to 5000~ units which I listed at the IMO bargain price of 1.25g per 250, and 85% of my time I was just numlocking haha.

Imagine a PKer goes out and spends 45 min killing people. It's more like the lottery. Probably most of the time he's gonna get trash. His chance of death and mine are similar if he's smart about choosing targets, but if he goes after high value targets, it shoots up. It's a lot more likely that I get killed walking down so my investment is even less, once I get a horse and everything, I'm still vulnerable, but not so much. Dying on the way back would be the worst, but it's statistically unlikely.

I enjoy doing that stuff, tbh. I've also spent an hour wandering looking for a horse spawn loool. Didn't get ganked or anything, just wasted time. Like my friend was telling me to bring him a horse that he was in BF nowhere, and it's like man I don't have the CC to bring two horses and time wise you're probably better off just home priesting unless you have something really valuable on you.

It's clearly NOT a time only issue. Some people have it a bit better because the guild they are in has recognition, a decent sized skilled core, or a large member base so they can protect them, but then they have more requirements, too. If someone kills your member and you send out 5 mounteds to hunt them down, that's actually a poor allocation of resources, unless you believe you can reclaim some valuable loot. However, most people would do it, why? Again, more proof it is not about time.

Having what you worked for, and depending on how you view things, your dignity (lol for real) snatched away from you by someone who is like lololol nub can be tough to deal with. But yknow you got those old school bosses that you fight and you get down to 1/4th health and they start going hyper speed and stomp you out, and it's like HEY, that's not FAIR.

The most important thing to do in any game like this is ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING. Find your niche. If you're man number 85 who is just bringing back stacks of razorbacks and vending them, it's easy to feel like your time is being stolen. If you are running a weapon workshop or doing Atelier Mortale stuff, it's easier to stomach the losses because they are just set backs. Build something. It doesn't have to be TC, it can be a business. It can be a pvp team, too. Whatever. It's all important.

But no. Nononononono. Big misconception, there is no inherent flaw in PvP games. ALMOST ALL GAMES ARE PVP. Even games where you wanna get the coolest wep skin and outfit for your char, that's pvp. It's just 'no touchy' pvp. This is more hands on. More in your face.

The way to revitalize the game is to (getting tired of spamming this) ALLOW ACTION!! CREATE ACTION! Stop stifling things. Revitalize and 'punishment' or 'penalties' are words that don't belong in the same sentence, unless you're building an S&M game. Scarily, that may be what MO2s future is haha. Tedious grind for everyone, even pvpers, still get your shit taken if it's worth anything, gg. FUN.

Come on, kids, let's try to make MO a WORLD. It's true it's not just pixels; it's part of the world. You are immortal. Step into the world. BE SOMETHING. Every new person who comes in and says I AM GONNA BE SOMETHING is vital to the game. It's natural behavior for groups, especially people who jumped on as underlings, to try to stifle the people who are aiming high, but fight thru it. There's a time to look thru the screen and tell a dude that he's not what he's pretending to be in game and everyone knows it, but in ideal gameplay, that should not be necessary. It's only when people go off the deep end, but you can go off the deep end on both sides, as has been shown in this thread.

Tips for MO: TRY TO BE SOMETHING, HAVE FUN, DON'T GO OFF THE DEEP END. Try talking to people. Even talk to the people who kill you. You might be surprised what happens.

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
People called out entitlement because he "valued" his time which apparently he has no right to?

No. No, that's not right at all.

People, including myself are upset because he clearly values himself more highly than he does other people. What he is complaining about is that his mental paradigm is not translating into the game in the way he would like it to. This is called entitlement.

Your time is only valuable to you, and in real life it's valuable to people who can extort it for their own personal profit. There is a lesson there, and you can apply it to Mortal but I'm not about to start preaching.

Human beings are not on the whole great innovators. It is a hallmark of our species that some of us are, but it's certainly not the majority. We are social mimics. Monkey see, monkey do. Remember that? Well, that's basically what you are unless you can gear up your neurons and find some unique, untested way to play the game. If you can't do it, you'll be in good company because the vast, vast majority of us can't either.

My point here is that some players are unhappy, like yourself. Some players are happy, like the PKs that gank you while you're farming. There is no fundamental difference between the two of you, so why is he successful and happy and you aren't? Figure that out for yourself and you'll have taken the first step towards shifting the scale to a new status quo where you are on the happy side and he isn't.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
To OP

if pixels are “time”, and time is “the most valuable commodity you’ll ever own” then by definition pixels are immesurably valuable.

except that i can create infinite pixels, but cant create any time. While time only depletes, pixels continuously increase. So perhaps they are not the same thing.

stop drinking the entitlement cool aid and grow up. If you feel that you are wasting time go and do something more productive.Maybe then youll quickly find out just how much payment you can “demand” for your irreplaceable commodity of time. You will also find out that while your time is irreplaceable, you certainly are. This in turn renders your time almost worthless. Congratulations, you are now a grown up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Davros

Jan 26, 2022
It isn't just pixels. Theere are a lot who aren't grasping it yet. I think the winds are changing. Nft, crypto, paid virtual land....

tempington

Apr 7, 2022
yeah the issue is egotistical nature of these people. How dare some one PvP me. They act as if real life crime has been committed. They just cant cope with that someone else has exerted some level of control over them.

Its not that they had lost pixels or time. Its that some one owned them. Even for just a little bit of their time.

These people are toxic, and wont be able to function no matter how many concessions you make for them.

HAHAHA. WOW!
Dude, answer this question honestly. Have you ever killed a woman? And all those likes on your post...
This community is the most delusional farm animal freak-show on the internet.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
HAHAHA. WOW!
Dude, answer this question honestly. Have you ever killed a woman? And all those likes on your post...
This community is the most delusional farm animal freak-show on the internet.
You are pretty much falling in line with what I said. You just insinuated that I kill women, like Im some sort of serial killer for PvPing in a video game and knowing that pixels are pixels.

You are the person I was talking about, a toxic egotistical person that cant cope with not being in full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.