How to solve problem with 2+ character slots on one account?

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
SV's arguements against multiple chars on one account fall flat on their ass since you can already buy alt accounts. The only difference s that 40€ in Henrik's pocket.

So it's blatantly a cashgrab 100%. Just to milk the addicts as much as they can.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

The horse is ground beef at this point. We all know why there is only one character slot. $$$$$

I have multiple accounts but I won't be subbing a single one.

Reactions: Jatix and Gnidex

Quicksilver

Aug 4, 2022
We need 2 character slots and they should share same poolof crafting points and reputation !
This is good. along with same last name. I would ditch shared bank accounts though. should not be a way to avoid travel. The 2nd char should only be on premium accounts that pay a sub. Maybe some more restrictions to keep it more of a way to do a second play style without too much benefit to main account. As a new player i would love to seriously try 2 different play styles to see what i like and what i am best at.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Maybe a "Scav and PMC" system. Like you have 1 char that can craft and fight then maybe 1 other that does not have any profession points. Or in MO1 you could only log into 1 free to play account ever hour or something. Prevented people from hot swapping accounts that weren't subbed. Could do a similar thing with and extra character. Some kind of swap cooldown. Or if hot swapped you can't turn crims on for like 1h so you can still craft or do pve I suppose. None of these ideas are fleshed out, just brain storming

Yucko

Jan 2, 2021
I don't think most people have a problem with the subscription model. People have a problem with the 1 character slot per account. Here's the order of events so far.

1. Sell "Conflux" package for MO1 for $150 that included alpha access, and a copy of the game. As well as a lifetime subscription to MO1 which has been said to be shut down "soon"®.
2. Sell limited copies of the game to induce FOMO before game actually launches for $50.
3. Open the flood gates right before game launches and sell for $40.
4. Game Launches into a broken state for the first few weeks and if you left haven to play the game spend $40 dollars to play in Haven or wait in 24-48hr queue (Oh and you can't delete your character to remake and play in Haven, better just buy another copy)
5. Playerbase has dropped about 5k and is playable for you and your 2-3 accounts.
6. You get to a point where you've dropped houses on all accounts and have everything split so when the subscription comes you will pay for all of them 11-15 dollars per character. <---You are here
7. Release subscription
8. Playerbase heads straight back to MO1 numbers 350-550 concurrent. Maybe 600 with the help of the sweaters playing 3 accounts at once.
9. A year later allow multiple characters to be made on the same account.
10. The year is 2032, ships have been released, all that is left is 100 players; each running around in full ogh with a deathknight.

It's almost like we've seen this before.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I don't think most people have a problem with the subscription model. People have a problem with the 1 character slot per account. Here's the order of events so far.

1. Sell "Conflux" package for MO1 for $150 that included alpha access, and a copy of the game. As well as a lifetime subscription to MO1 which has been said to be shut down "soon"®.
2. Sell limited copies of the game to induce FOMO before game actually launches for $50.
3. Open the flood gates right before game launches and sell for $40.
4. Game Launches into a broken state for the first few weeks and if you left haven to play the game spend $40 dollars to play in Haven or wait in 24-48hr queue (Oh and you can't delete your character to remake and play in Haven, better just buy another copy)
5. Playerbase has dropped about 5k and is playable for you and your 2-3 accounts.
6. You get to a point where you've dropped houses on all accounts and have everything split so when the subscription comes you will pay for all of them 11-15 dollars per character. <---You are here
7. Release subscription
8. Playerbase heads straight back to MO1 numbers 350-550 concurrent. Maybe 600 with the help of the sweaters playing 3 accounts at once.
9. A year later allow multiple characters to be made on the same account.
10. The year is 2032, ships have been released, all that is left is 100 players; each running around in full ogh with a deathknight.

It's almost like we've seen this before.
Sadly I do think you are right and your sarcasm is honestly. Just hope for the best and play as I please. Yeah I bought it at the $150 and then a month or two later it goes to $50....

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Where do they draw the line? If they started with 2 characters per account it wouldnt be enough.. people would demand 3 or 4.. if they had 4 people would want 5.. It doesnt matter how many character slots they have people will cry for more. Fact is everyone wants something for nothing. The best solution is ONE character slot per account but pay for additional slots. BUT all slots on that account are linked for reputation. If one goes negative they are ALL negative.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Where do they draw the line? If they started with 2 characters per account it wouldnt be enough.. people would demand 3 or 4.. if they had 4 people would want 5.. It doesnt matter how many character slots they have people will cry for more. Fact is everyone wants something for nothing. The best solution is ONE character slot per account but pay for additional slots. BUT all slots on that account are linked for reputation. If one goes negative they are ALL negative.
Mo1 started with 3 then went to buying each slot to 4. Still people had more then 1 account so you are not wrong. 1 char had pros and cons. Question is could we keep as many of the pros as we can while getting some pros of having multiple chars. "The best solution is ONE character slot per account but pay for additional slots. BUT all slots on that account are linked for reputation. If one goes negative they are ALL negative" which is contradictory. That would be having more then 1 character. I do agree with it though they multiple slots but they are all linked

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
Sadly I do think you are right and your sarcasm is honestly. Just hope for the best and play as I please. Yeah I bought it at the $150 and then a month or two later it goes to $50....
A fairly common policy nowadays, lets's say if you want access in to alpha stage of Ashes of Creation you have to buy the package for $250 :)

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
If I need to pay $30 per character, then so be it, just let me do it on one account rather than a bunch of steam accounts.
I agree, even if the core of all this mainly money, will be much convenient to have several characters with separate subscription on each at one account, like in EvE Online or Albion Online (yeah, these games "free to play" but we know they are not).

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Mo1 started with 3 then went to buying each slot to 4. Still people had more then 1 account so you are not wrong. 1 char had pros and cons. Question is could we keep as many of the pros as we can while getting some pros of having multiple chars. "The best solution is ONE character slot per account but pay for additional slots. BUT all slots on that account are linked for reputation. If one goes negative they are ALL negative" which is contradictory. That would be having more then 1 character. I do agree with it though they multiple slots but they are all linked

The thing is in MO1 we had literally hundreds of spy alts running around. Hell some guilds were nearly completely alts of other people trying to spy on what that guild was doing. This is why the reputation needs to be linked across the account. And I believe that is Henriks intention.

On the MO1 note, we also had half the skill points.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The thing is in MO1 we had literally hundreds of spy alts running around. Hell some guilds were nearly completely alts of other people trying to spy on what that guild was doing. This is why the reputation needs to be linked across the account. And I believe that is Henriks intention.

On the MO1 note, we also had half the skill points.

I completely agree! In MO1 I used more than 100 f2p chars just to fill the guild and get a larger building radius for my private house. And in my heaviest gaming time I subscribed up to five accounts with four characters each at the same time. I don't want to see this again and I don't want to do this again.

D

Deleted member 44

Nice slippery slope logical fallacy. "if they allow one, then 2, then 100." Oh no!!!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
That's literally the same thing.

I'm sorry the fine distinction is lost on you.

IF Star Vault gives in to every additional demand, for more slots, then it would be a non-fallacious slippery slope.
If you argue that IF SV grants one additional slot, they'll surely just end up granting others, though there's no certainty that they will, that's fallacious.
If you think that, even given an additional slot, that parts of the player-base will never stop asking for more, that's IYGAMAC. And that people will continue, in some numbers, to be dissatisfied and to want more, that's a safe bet.

Please continue your discussion, gentlemen.