How to prevent people from deleting items after looting!

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
except if you're getting attacked, you wont be able to get that 15 seconds to delete, you'll be dead since you were encumbered and couldnt move or stam up fast enough

or maybe you're chasing someone you know is carrying valuable resources, only they know they cant escape so they atomize it with their fist instead netting you nothing

with salvage being a possibility in MO2, all gear will have some value. certainly everyone will pick up more than they can carry now and again, and wish there was a drop function so they can properly defend themselves

-barcode

Stevetibb95

Oct 21, 2020
First off , larger groups will always from being able to delete loot. This is the whole issue! This talk has clearlypeople who like to delete people's loot are coming out quite obviously
Helm, torso and weapon will easily range to 10-15 kg. So you might be able to combat loot 4 enemies (assuming you are a max strength character and carry no spare gear youself). Not being able to delete will hamper the possibility to fight enemies with big numbers but low skill.

It´s not exactly a carebear suggestion and I get where people are coming from, but with the current combat I don´t think cutting down the few options small groups have is a good idea.
Options for small groups? please elaborate im confused. It's my idea that the more people ie bigger groups are the ones most prevalently being benefited by the function on click deleting items and wiping them.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Ok, I will try 1 more time to explain. It is important for a smaller group fighting a larger one to be able to loot their enemies gear in order to whittle down the numbers against them to eventually win, (otherwise the dead can run back regear, and rejoin the fight allowing the larger group to always win by attrition rather than skill.)
There are plenty of 15 second lulls in long group fights in which to delete gear, which is absolutely necessary because carry weight capacity is low. There isn't time to run far enough away to throw something on the ground to where your opponent won't be able to easily retrieve it.
. I for one usually carry multiple weapons for different situations i.e. for dismounting, or a bow against MAs or for dueling while we wait etc. Plus food and maybe a lighter torso for chasing. In other words, I don't have a lot of carrying capacity left, therefore I need to delete things.

Be careful when you complain about things as, what you are calling, a grief mechanic because they often have a purpose that doesn't effect you and changing them may have very negative side affects.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, we have the drop lootbag feature. Deletion should only be possible in trash cans in towns or something but dropped/dragged off, normal loot bag rules should apply.
If you overload yourself on stuff you don't need, live with the carry weight and complications or drop it on the floor again like a real man would. Instant deletion is just stupid. And if instant deletion is something that you really need for "whittling down" the enemies then you are really bad at whittling them down any other way.

Potentially limit how many lootbags you can drop in a given time for server issues. If you don't need something and don't have the capacity to carry it, don't pick it up.

Reactions: Valoran and Kuroi

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Well, we have the drop lootbag feature. Deletion should only be possible in trash cans in towns or something but dropped/dragged off, normal loot bag rules should apply.
If you overload yourself on stuff you don't need, live with the carry weight and complications or drop it on the floor again like a real man would. Instant deletion is just stupid. And if instant deletion is something that you really need for "whittling down" the enemies then you are really bad at whittling them down any other way.

Potentially limit how many lootbags you can drop in a given time for server issues. If you don't need something and don't have the capacity to carry it, don't pick it up.
Do you have any game play videos yourself to back up the claim that we're just really bad?

Reactions: Rorry

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
@Rorry explained it quite well.

I would like to add that role of the combat looter often falls on the mage, who has an even more reduced carrying capacity. I feel like most people arguing against since have not fought heavily outnumbered. A constant stream of blues regearing on the battlefield was a common sight. Making their loot unavailable is the only way to counter it realistically.

So unless they add some fancy option where I can actually toss a helm 20 meters over a cliff, or into a river where it floats away - I would rather have the option that benefits the small group.

Do you have any game play videos yourself to back up the claim that we're just really bad?

He is AI. Probably hasn´t done anything in-game since 2010.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I don't need any, how good I am has absolutely nothing to do with how good you are and if you need instant item deletion as a tool and can't plan ahead and not just pick things up you don't need that speaks for itself.

Outside of MO2, 2017 to be precise.
I still remember the glorious days of Zeal constantly trying to kill me and not succeeding once, while you guys died to my hands enough times.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Your reading comprehension skill has decreased by 10
Your reading comprehension skill is now -30
I don't need any, how good I am has absolutely nothing to do with how good you are and if you need instant item deletion as a tool and can't plan ahead and not just pick things up you don't need that speaks for itself.

Outside of MO2, 2017 to be precise.
I still remember the glorious days of Zeal constantly trying to kill me and not succeeding once, while you guys died to my hands enough times.
So you make a claim about other people's skill level at whittling down, but the skill level of the person making the claim is irrelevant. Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Your reading comprehension skill has decreased by 15
Your reading comprehension skill is now -45
Could you make substantive posts and stop spamming?

Your consistently derailing threads and being a bad forum example.

I get that your buddies lack of logic is hurting your feelings but you don't need to extend the stupidity.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Who's his buddy? We usually don't even get along.

Aside from that, ones skill relative to another has nothing to do with any kind of logic. That's pure relativism and completely meaningless. Learn to be good without unrealistically deleting items, it'll make you a better person. Maybe you'll get good enough that you won't even have to compare yourself to others anymore.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Who's his buddy? We usually don't even get along.

Aside from that, ones skill relative to another has nothing to do with any kind of logic. That's pure relativism and completely meaningless. Learn to be good without unrealistically deleting items, it'll make you a better person.
You seem to missing a key point.

The credibility of the person making the claim is important.

If you are really really bad (which i'm not saying you are i'm asking for clarification), then your assessment of who is good and bad may not be valid.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
In LiF you couldn't outright delete items easily, had to loot items and carry them with you and if you really just wanted to keep them from the enemy you could just drop them in a bush somewhere until they decayed.

We had no issues whittling down multiple guilds of 30+ in battles that could last up to a couple hours, as a group of 4.
Just ask Los Chumachos, Ataraxia, Raven crown, Castle Hawk, and more.

I was always playing a character with no extra carry capacity and in heavy armor with both heavy crossbow and 2h swords, too.

Someone returning to the battle would just get stomped, and i'd have already taken their weapon, boots, tabard(best kill counter ever), helmet and any good quality food or if they have some fancy armor it could be worth taking it all. But usually they were wearing such shit armor from dying to us all the time that we'd just take the costly and useful pieces and drop them in a bush somewhere.

Why would this be any different in mortal online? Im pretty sure carry weight is about similar but you carry a lot more stuff in feudal and the gear pieces weigh a bit more, on average.

Heck, when in enemy territory you couldn't even drop things on the ground in normal circumstances. Which could end up in you getting killed if you were not careful with looting.

@Rorry explained it quite well.

I would like to add that role of the combat looter often falls on the mage, who has an even more reduced carrying capacity. I feel like most people arguing against since have not fought heavily outnumbered. A constant stream of blues regearing on the battlefield was a common sight. Making their loot unavailable is the only way to counter it realistically.

So unless they add some fancy option where I can actually toss a helm 20 meters over a cliff, or into a river where it floats away - I would rather have the option that benefits the small group.

And Zeals only accomplishment in Mo1 was having a giant :) for AI.
Maybe not throw stones when you live in a glass house?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kuroi

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
deleting items is good for the economy, and for those who sell gear :D
Not necessarily, when someone loses gear, sure someone gains it. But the person who lost it, is still without.
With salvage it makes it so you could always take the crappy gear you don't want and get materials and make something you want.
Which sort of feeds back into the material market, which brings costs of making gear down...

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
In LiF you couldn't outright delete items easily, had to loot items and carry them with you and if you really just wanted to keep them from the enemy you could just drop them in a bush somewhere until they decayed.

We had no issues whittling down multiple guilds of 30+ in battles that could last up to a couple hours, as a group of 4.
Just ask Los Chumachos, Ataraxia, Raven crown, Castle Hawk, and more.

I was always playing a character with no extra carry capacity and in heavy armor with both heavy crossbow and 2h swords, too.

Someone returning to the battle would just get stomped, and i'd have already taken their weapon, boots, tabard(best kill counter ever), helmet and any good quality food or if they have some fancy armor it could be worth taking it all. But usually they were wearing such shit armor from dying to us all the time that we'd just take the costly and useful pieces and drop them in a bush somewhere.

Why would this be any different in mortal online? Im pretty sure carry weight is about similar but you carry a lot more stuff in feudal and the gear pieces weigh a bit more, on average.

Heck, when in enemy territory you couldn't even drop things on the ground in normal circumstances. Which could end up in you getting killed if you were not careful with looting.

And Zeals only accomplishment in Mo1 was having a giant hateboner for AI.
Maybe not throw stones when you live in a glass house?
In LIF could you just res at a blue priest within 1 minute of dying and run back to a 20 minute long fight? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Not necessarily, when someone loses gear, sure someone gains it. But the person who lost it, is still without.
With salvage it makes it so you could always take the crappy gear you don't want and get materials and make something you want.
Which sort of feeds back into the material market, which brings costs of making gear down...

indeed, salvaging was something requested since the dawn of MO1.

however being able to destroy items is quite usueful outside of pvp, since we cannot (yet) drop items like it was in UO