Housing near Cave Camp

mywrox

Sep 19, 2021
Is building a house near the cave camp viable as an unguilded player?

I'm wondering if I'll just get camped and constant pk'd during construction, have it knocked down before completion, will it get blown up as soon as TC comes in? (I understand it's a lawless area and can tolerate some pk'ing - within reason)

I don't have any interest in PvP so guild options are limited and are further limited by map location meaning no "Coalition" guilds.

I can log on during quiet time for construction (is it worth learning engineering for construction?)

Thanks

kiwiitis

Dec 26, 2020

I would like an answer to the 0p's ?

Regards Gramps

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Not sure about cave camp specifically but living out of a house in general will be more viable if the housing functions in the next patch include a way to do extraction.

Hopefully that is the case.

D

Deleted member 44

The game world is never safe, but if you start your operation tactically you should be able to build without a significant loss.

Unrelated, what do you mean you dont PvP? This is a PvP game. I am genuinely interested in why you are playing the game when there are thousands of better PvE experiences in other games.

Reactions: Jatix

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
He's an NPC probably. Let's see what he drops.
jokes aside: usually unless you don't piss off some guilds leaving nearby or unless you don't place an house near a really valuable resource that you hit constantly, which is claimed by another guild (like an house close to tephra crate), People will let you leave in peace. speaking in general.

But you can also find a guy that wants to blow up your house just to farm some sieging/destruction title and/or to get your galbinum out of your house.
Once you built it, be ready to lose it.

mywrox

Sep 19, 2021
Unrelated, what do you mean you dont PvP? This is a PvP game. I am genuinely interested in why you are playing the game when there are thousands of better PvE experiences in other games.

The attraction is that this is an open world game (of which PvP is an element). No instancing, no pay to play, no classes, one world etc.

I'll defend myself when I have to but the PvP aspect of the game has zero interest for me.

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
no pay to play
They will introduce a monthly subscription when they will be satisfied with the status of the game. It is not a speculation, it's what Henrik said. Also MO1
worked in that way. Are you aware of it?

mywrox

Sep 19, 2021
They will introduce a monthly subscription when they will be satisfied with the status of the game. It is not a speculation, it's what Henrik said. Also MO1 worked in that way. Are you aware of it?

Cheers for the heads up.

I misspoke, I meant no hidden costs, I'm fine with subscription.

Last edited:
Reactions: risarshop

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021

Try to imagine the other side of the coin, i know u can make it!

You are not a pvp Player in a pvp game to others in another dudes opinion.
You are just a better Mob/npc encounter cause of your human intelligence in an rpg-game, every mats come from pve-actions (except butchering player bodys).
U are (pvp)part in an Player vs Environment system!

mywrox

Sep 19, 2021
For any other noobs reading this if you train up Basic Eng + Adv Eng to 70/70 you add ~5250 house HP per minute. It took me about 5 hours and 3 pickaxes to build a med house solo

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm

I'm wondering if I'll just get camped and constant pk'd during construction, have it knocked down before completion, will it get blown up as soon as TC comes in? (I understand it's a lawless area and can tolerate some pk'ing - within reason)

I don't have any interest in PvP so guild options are limited and are further limited by map location meaning no "Coalition" guilds.

I can log on during quiet time for construction (is it worth learning engineering for construction?)

Thanks
I would advice against trying to live solo at CC you're gonna have a bad time

mywrox

Sep 19, 2021
For any other noobs reading this if you train up Basic Eng + Adv Eng to 70/70 you add ~5250 house HP per minute. It took me about 5 hours and 3 pickaxes to build a med house solo

Having forgotten to pay my upkeep my house decayed and I had to repair. Turns out Engineering/Adv Eng makes no fecking difference to build times so don't waste your time training these up. SV really should grey-out skills not in game.

Also, for those not aware of decay rates, house down to 40% after one day of missed upkeep. Very expensive lesson on a T3 med house!