Houses, Deeds and Keeps: Website update!

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Looks like we got some information on Houses, deeds and keeps. I'm going to drop the info here and some questions about it. As always would love to hear others ideas and speculations on what is going to happen!

websitelandowners.png

We can now work with Empires! Own your own land or be in cahoots with Empires just sounds like a fun way to change things up!

playerhousinginfo.png
playerhousinginfo2.png
Deedsinfo.png

I like the idea of being able to buy the deeds from the Empires as normal or have them given to you by and owner of a keeps regian. Though I do question how many houses can we have now!?
Also noticed a small change in the building requirements. No more metal is needed according to the above text, just stone and wood. Would make for quicker building for sure, super happy to see they removed metals from building. It really didn't fight the time period they intended.

As before House owners have all the control and they can have co owners to live with them ( up to 6 keys to be given out at a time ). Great idea for those small groups of 2 and 3 who don't want big but do want something. Though i didn't see a tax thing to keep the houses alive, it read as if we just have to log on in the house to keep it stable. I'm sure some repairing my need to be done in time but no house payment would be cool for us forgetful minded people. It's sounding like logging out anywhere isn't going to be as easy as before, so housing logs you off quicker than not being in one ( 20 sec log off ). All in all it sounds like house placement may become a bigger factor if you want help from a allied Empire, though it sounds fun hearing that patrols of guards will be roaming for both protection and annihilation of those unwanted by the empire.

Keepsinfo.png

Keeps oh keeps! You can build your own with deeds, repair a broken keep, get empire allies or fight them constantly by taking their interests. This sounds just awesome!! My biggest question would be..... Does this mean keep spots still exist or will we be able to build our own outside of the old keep spots? Either way the idea of Keep owners really controlling an area with laws and ability to give houses away to make their area more populated sounds gold! I do also wonder if a non-guilded player can own a keep and create an allied list of players and guilds. Giving a single person the ability to become a true King or Queen without the need of a guild, but rather all based on either relations with other players.

Bankstempleinfo.png
buildingrepairinfo.png

I decided to put these together as repairing seems standard as can be. Though i like the idea of being able to talk with Empires and get Banks and Temples elsewhere. This idea of region owners and Empires really having an effect on players overall ability to use them, is really starting to sound good. Giving even a solo players a spot to have their own bank and small house without needing to worry about the crazy amount of time it takes to build. As stated above they removed metals so materials for building just became so much easier for the masses.

Overall: I really like the idea of the new Regional Control. Sounds like its going to give players more to work for and go after if need be. While also giving newer players something to build for or even helping them find stuff to do. As a huge fault in MO1 ( imo ) they didn't have any real jobs or mission set by the Empires other than stuff you had to figure out as time went on. At least now it sounds like you can work with an Empire and become something even if you are a nobody. I love this idea!!

**Edit: After reading over the " House Packs" It sounds like metals are still used just not in the same way as before. To guess you can craft these items once you are a master construction guy, though it also seems like you can just buy them if you are not interested in crafting decor.
-Phen

Attachments

• websitelandowners.png
    websitelandowners.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 49
  • playerhousinginfo.png
    playerhousinginfo.png
    102 KB · Views: 66
  • playerhousinginfo2.png
    playerhousinginfo2.png
    104 KB · Views: 59
  • Deedsinfo.png
    Deedsinfo.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Keepsinfo.png
    Keepsinfo.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 48
  • buildingrepairinfo.png
    buildingrepairinfo.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Bankstempleinfo.png
    Bankstempleinfo.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Love
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I like the sound of most of this as well.

One thing that interests me in particular is the part that says something about only needing a deed in some places.

Since deed areas can provide some type of protection in the patrolled area and only punish crimes outside of houses, could this mean that the area out of these protected/patrolled areas will be lawless?

I know such things have been requested often. So maybe this is how they are going to do it.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California

One thing that interests me in particular is the part that says something about only needing a deed in some places.

Since deed areas can provide some type of protection in the patrolled area and only punish crimes outside of houses, could this mean that the area out of these protected/patrolled areas will be lawless?

I know such things have been requested often. So maybe this is how they are going to do it.
The area outside patrolled regions in regards to the housing they mentioned here and how law works on your controlled properties it sounds to me like it's lawless in those areas which is cool.

Reactions: Phen and Amadman

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I agree it sounds lawless outside of everywhere that isn't set by laws. How we know if we are in such area is a good question, though I'm sure if you see a set of patrolling guards assume laws?

Reactions: Amadman

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Right, I hope they leave it a bit grey and not just a line to cross.

Probably it will be a "insible" line around the town. Murder to close and you get a murdercount (negative faction standing).

Rhias

May 28, 2020
My biggest question would be..... Does this mean keep spots still exist or will we be able to build our own outside of the old keep spots?

It says you build keeps out of keep ruins. So keep spots similar to MO1. Once the keep is destroyed it turns into a ruin again.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I think both this update and the update offering some details on crafting are incredible.

I am extremely excited to see how this works out - I enjoy the idea that is implied - anyone can make a house without a deed, but if someone has a deed... they can effectively take the house from you legally. This isnt confirmed but felt implied.

I appricate the whole patrol area dynamic, and how keeps will get their own - and also how the empire of NPC will attack a keep if it is not owned legally.

I do want to say, though, that:

The area outside patrolled regions in regards to the housing they mentioned here and how law works on your controlled properties it sounds to me like it's lawless in those areas which is cool.

I disagree here - I don't interpret it that way. I think it is more addressing guards and their reactions directly in those areas - I feel like the entire lawless topic hasn't been addressed yet.

• Love
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I disagree here - I don't interpret it that way. I think it is more addressing guards and their reactions directly in those areas - I feel like the entire lawless topic hasn't been addressed yet.

After rereading I do see it different than I first interpreted it. I first thought you only used nation deeds within their territory. But that only seems to be the case with keeps.

Though the part that says you can purchase a deed from more than one nation for the same house still makes it seem like the different nations will have separate legal systems.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
It says you build keeps out of keep ruins. So keep spots similar to MO1. Once the keep is destroyed it turns into a ruin again.

I dont think you read everything. They talked about Keep deeds and rebuilding a Keep.... So maybe there are more keeps than before.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I dont think you read everything. They talked about Keep deeds and rebuilding a Keep.... So maybe there are more keeps than before.
Keep deeds are similar to Nation deeds. You place them into houses to "verify" them. Keep deeds can be sold by the keep owning guild, and do only work on houses that are placed within their keep area. But keep deeds are not used to build a keep.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
"They cannot be built from scratch but the ruins of old keeps can be repaired by players."
So preset locations like MO1.
"Houses cannot be built with deeds within the controlled area without deeds issued by the keep owner."
Nation deeds can not be used in houses around a keep.
"The keep owners may sell, giver or trade house deeds for that area as they wish."
Keep owner creates Deeds for Houses around the keep.
"When a keep is built with a deed the owner controls the patrolled area."
"The keep owners now effectively set the law for this area. "

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Important to think about the changes of meaning of a "deed" between MO1 and MO2! In MO1 the deed has been the item the engineer needed to place the house foundation. In MO2 the deed is a "verification item" optional placed and "gives legal recognition of ownership".

This means, houses can be placed without having an owner! So in theory we could build houses with open door and open chests to be used by every player.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It sounds like the deeds will also allow players to defend their area without becoming a criminal in the nations that they have deeds from. So players can defend themselves inside there deeded houses and keep owners can defend the area within their deeded keeps control with out legal consequences.

Keep owners will also be able to enforce their own law and punishments without legal consequences from nations they have deeds from.

If they give the rights to the keep stones guild members then this could mostly do the part that the red priests where originally designed to do.

Possibly this could even be tied to an alliance system to give options for allied guilds as well.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
"They cannot be built from scratch but the ruins of old keeps can be repaired by players."
So preset locations like MO1.
"Houses cannot be built with deeds within the controlled area without deeds issued by the keep owner."
Nation deeds can not be used in houses around a keep.
"The keep owners may sell, giver or trade house deeds for that area as they wish."
Keep owner creates Deeds for Houses around the keep.
"When a keep is built with a deed the owner controls the patrolled area."
"The keep owners now effectively set the law for this area. "

Says right there, "When a keep is built with a 'deed' the owner controls the patrolled area"

Then above stats "they can not be built from scratch but from ruins."

Though deeds can only be given by local goverments, owning a keep gives you an area to give away house deeds and such. But they aren't the deed owners of the keep after they have it built? Just doesn't make enough sense. Plus who gets the ownership of the keep once it's repaired? The first guy who started repairing or the guy who hit last? Maybe the guy who placed the most mats?..

Imo to many questions arise when reading through the information given. Sense keeps are free now ( excluding mats) I see everyone rushing to build a keep. Because money doesn't seem to matter when rebuilding a keep now, its about learning to claim a deed which they didn't even talk about keeps in the deed section. Also we only get one house?, " you can purchase a deed from different nations for the same house". <--- doesn't say we get houses, just stats you can buy stuff for one house across the world.

I forsee seige in middle of night, attacking players repair before you wake up, now you wake up as a criminal in your old keep that was broken and rebuilt in 8 hours while you slept..

-Phen

Reactions: Xunila

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Says right there, "When a keep is built with a 'deed' the owner controls the patrolled area"

Then above stats "they can not be built from scratch but from ruins."

Though deeds can only be given by local goverments, owning a keep gives you an area to give away house deeds and such. But they aren't the deed owners of the keep after they have it built? Just doesn't make enough sense. Plus who gets the ownership of the keep once it's repaired? The first guy who started repairing or the guy who hit last? Maybe the guy who placed the most mats?..

Imo to many questions arise when reading through the information given. Sense keeps are free now ( excluding mats) I see everyone rushing to build a keep. Because money doesn't seem to matter when rebuilding a keep now, its about learning to claim a deed which they didn't even talk about keeps in the deed section. Also we only get one house?, " you can purchase a deed from different nations for the same house". <--- doesn't say we get houses, just stats you can buy stuff for one house across the world.

I forsee seige in middle of night, attacking players repair before you wake up, now you wake up as a criminal in your old keep that was broken and rebuilt in 8 hours while you slept..

-Phen

You can place a deed from any nation (e.g. Tindremic) into the keep. Whoever places the deed into the keep is the owner of it.
I assume same rules apply to keeps as for houses:
"When starting to build a house [or starting to construct a keep out of the ruin] the builder can place a deed within the foundations. This gives legal recognition of ownership by that nation to that house [or keep] when the house [or keep] is completed. "

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
You can place a deed from any nation (e.g. Tindremic) into the keep. Whoever places the deed into the keep is the owner of it.
I assume same rules apply to keeps as for houses:
"When starting to build a house [or starting to construct a keep out of the ruin] the builder can place a deed within the foundations. This gives legal recognition of ownership by that nation to that house [or keep] when the house [or keep] is completed. "

It says you can use deeds from other regions to create these keeps. What im wondering is, who gets ownership if multiple people are working on it?

Rarely does one person build a keep, my confusion lies in the text. Houses they made clear enough, but the keeps seem like one person will be the only one making the keep, building up the keep like house modules. If that's the case, some people will wake up in a enemies new home at some point.. havent seen anything on asset loss or what happens when your place is destroyed so it just leaves questions.

-Phen

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

-Phen

tbf they have not said anything about siege warfare. Which is a mistake. Obviously a functioning balance is very important. No one wants every corner plastered with houses. Before anyone claims how the big world is gonna prevent that - it won´t. Just gonna take longer.

Personally I think keeps, temples etc. should require special stone and wood only harvested in certain locations. Possibly only transportable with a wagon. This would limit the possibility of rebuilding a keep during the night.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It says you can use deeds from other regions to create these keeps. What im wondering is, who gets ownership if multiple people are working on it?
Someone places the deed into the ruin. After that a whole guild builds up the keep. The one who placed that thing is the owner. All other who worked on it are basically nothing.
I don't get what's hard to understand about this.