General Guidance for SV and the Balance Team

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Hmm I actually feel pretty opposite.

I didn't have a problem with the bows not using the aiming reticule.

I also was never a parry player either, but now that in MO 2 its significantly easier I feel its quite well balanced where if you were primarily an aggressive player in mo1, you now have the ability to add parry whoring to your skill set.

The changes they are making are more in line with what you're suggesting, but I don't like the change in direction because if you truly are aggressively talented you can do some fancy sword play while also being strong defensively, soon that won't be true.
I meant with Ma. On foot i found it easy to aim too. But damn you had like 100% accuracy that was amazing i enjoyed watching that. My accuracy is more like 70% on foot lol. Where do you guys find all these new updates that aren't even on the page yet? What are they adding combos? Melee abilities? Or they removing parry stun?

Reactions: Teknique

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
XD sticky back online, and i guess you want to BUFF flanged maces again too? XDD
I have been known to Maul a sleeping opponent here and there. ?? although yeah if they could make that more foot fighter viable oh man that would be awesome.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
MO2 should be a smoother playing MO1. All of the changes you suggest would make it like games that already exist.
All the stun/stagger/bleed shit, and special swings/attacks/combos that some games have are replacements for skill based play and MO should avoid them. MO1 shouldn't have had them either, they always tended to unbalance pvp.
MO should struggle to retain it's one-of-a-kind nature. They can do so, and keep a good population, by learning from the results of decisions and actions of theirs in MO1.
Since you were a solo player, you never really got to experience what made MO1 so special, and what SV needs to fight to retain for MO2.
That's the thing ppl forget is mo1 actually had all of that stuff i am suggesting already. Stun you parry or block At right time and your opponent is stunned for a moment that is why parrying was op. It's also why ppl used Poleswords because once they figured out you can melee from tip of your range and run out of parry range it became the meta foot fighter weapon. Stagger and knockdown are in the game too. Stagger occured mainly from Mauls in the early days of Mortal. Then strangely at some point the stagger was reduced to a low chance. Knockdown occured mainly from heavy weapons with momentum. Again mauls used to cause this, but not anymore unless you are a charging mc on horseback. There is multi hit in mortal already too. But it was limited to fist weapons and daggers. Most players had no idea they thought double and triple strike were just bugged lol. So honestly if what you are saying you want mo2 to be a improved mo1 there is no reason these abilities shouldn't be buffed to a level for them to occur. I did some group fights here and there it was fun. I wasn't entirely out of the loop. Thought it was weird in bakti the group fights no one likes using mounts unless it's fat mage and someone called me a cheater for bringing a mount to pvp wtfff

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I meant with Ma. On foot i found it easy to aim too. But damn you had like 100% accuracy that was amazing i enjoyed watching that. My accuracy is more like 70% on foot lol. Where do you guys find all these new updates that aren't even on the page yet? What are they adding combos? Melee abilities? Or they removing parry stun?
Thank you my friend, not often people show appreciation around here.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I agree with what you said about the players of this game lol. I've made quite a bit of post under suggestions section of the game. But half the complete 10 kids total player base keeps disagreeing with me lol...
Maybe it is because you're suggesting to make MO2 closer to a combination between WOW and ARK.
I need to agree that WOW has a huge player base. But I also need to say that most Vets are here cause MO is not like WOW.

Regarding the quest topic you suggested. One of the reasons I played MO1 is because they are no quests.
"Please kill 10 pigs." "Glad you made it. Here you got 10g. No kill 10 springbock." "Great success, here you got some unique item. Now kill 10 Walkers!"
It feels to me like a total wast of time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against changes in general, and I would love to see more "world events" like monster invasions. But a strict no to "forced" quest chains (besides the tutorial).

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
That's the thing ppl forget is mo1 actually had all of that stuff i am suggesting already. Stun you parry or block At right time and your opponent is stunned for a moment that is why parrying was op. It's also why ppl used Poleswords because once they figured out you can melee from tip of your range and run out of parry range it became the meta foot fighter weapon. Stagger and knockdown are in the game too. Stagger occured mainly from Mauls in the early days of Mortal. Then strangely at some point the stagger was reduced to a low chance. Knockdown occured mainly from heavy weapons with momentum. Again mauls used to cause this, but not anymore unless you are a charging mc on horseback. There is multi hit in mortal already too. But it was limited to fist weapons and daggers. Most players had no idea they thought double and triple strike were just bugged lol. So honestly if what you are saying you want mo2 to be a improved mo1 there is no reason these abilities shouldn't be buffed to a level for them to occur. I did some group fights here and there it was fun. I wasn't entirely out of the loop. Thought it was weird in bakti the group fights no one likes using mounts unless it's fat mage and someone called me a cheater for bringing a mount to pvp wtfff
All those things were problems in pvp that had to be phased out or toned down. In each case they proved to be too good to where you either had to play that style or be at a disadvantage and each time when enough people switched to the OP weapon or move or playstyle those who didn't want to play that way would start to drift away from the game again until corrections were made.