Free month ends January 7th

Will you sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I wonder how long Henrik will fund this. He went years funding MO1 development. Its honestly so depressing to see the state of MO2. He had the golden opportunity to have a 10+ year beta (MO1) and create the best version of it he could with MO2. What's more depressing is I've stuck around for 5+ years AFTER quitting MO1 in hopes Star Vault will finally figure it out.

And yet here we are...

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I am not going to sub, because I have been down this road with SV before. MO1 they promised the moon on launch, it fell WAY short, then promised to fix everything before subs. 18mo later they had fixed somethings, but 70% of the features promised at launch were still missing. Then they started subs... I subbed for about 6 more months at that point and saw progress drop to a continental drift level and I unsubbed and went back to EVE.

A year after that they released Sarducaa and I came back for a few months then saw they released a new continent and some new features but didnt fix any of the underlying issues.

I dont know why I am surprised this time around by the same path of failure.
Nah Mortal Exodus will be what MO2 couldn't be. This time around they will attempt, and fail miserably, to copy Eve instead of UO.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I wonder how long Henrik will fund this. He went years funding MO1 development. Its honestly so depressing to see the state of MO2. He had the golden opportunity to have a 10+ year beta (MO1) and create the best version of it he could with MO2. What's more depressing is I've stuck around for 5+ years AFTER quitting MO1 in hopes Star Vault will finally figure it out.

And yet here we are...
Know that feeling all to well, and yes its really sad the little they did with their "experience"...

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Interesting, in this poll more than 50% voted "don't sub" but the Steam charts went down from about 1400 to 1200 means by about 15%.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Interesting, in this poll more than 50% voted "don't sub" but the Steam charts went down from about 1400 to 1200 means by about 15%.
I didn't start my free month until late December. When my sub ends I won't be able to sub, even if I wanted to. Because the only payment processor available is xsolla.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I am not going to sub, because I have been down this road with SV before. MO1 they promised the moon on launch, it fell WAY short, then promised to fix everything before subs. 18mo later they had fixed somethings, but 70% of the features promised at launch were still missing. Then they started subs... I subbed for about 6 more months at that point and saw progress drop to a continental drift level and I unsubbed and went back to EVE.

A year after that they released Sarducaa and I came back for a few months then saw they released a new continent and some new features but didnt fix any of the underlying issues.

I dont know why I am surprised this time around by the same path of failure.
yep im not gonna sub anymire either mostly same reasons.

Poor performance, janky game, any bugs and glitches, and magic is glitchy.

I cant even see to land spells because its all blurry in a big fight and then if I try the hit wont register even tho my cross hair is lit up on them. Its the desync of the game that make magic frustraitung to use. have to guess based off their lag where to aim.

Along with all of the half finished content they put out. Why do i want new content and features when all the old stuff is broken?

Reactions: Hodo and Gnidex

manure

May 7, 2022
We may trash talk this game as much as we desire, but it is still the ONLY playable MMO in the market.
Everything else is the very same kind of garbage, with safe areas, ridiculous no loot rules and pvp switches... MO2 is the only game you actually lose something when you die to another player !

We may think about Eve online and Albion... But Eve is not medieval stuff, so it doesnt count...
And Albion has SAFE zones, so its also a big trash !

Besides, Mortal Online 2 can be easily fixed... Just a couple changes could attract millions of players if done right.

The problem is the lack of vision from our current designers.
If they focused on interesting stuff like BOATs, Thieving, Breeding and Tailoring... instead of putting god damn GUARDS everywhere around the world, this game certainly would receive a flood of new players.

Everybody and their mothers is tired of Safe zones and guards and protection everywhere... Gamers want EXCITEMENT, not boredom !

I subscribed because I have FAITH they will finally add Thieving on this game... And because I still believe they may hire new Game Designers to put interesting stuff on the game for us... and to REMOVE GUARDS outside towns !

No more PvP changes please. We need CONTENT.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
We may trash talk this game as much as we desire, but it is still the ONLY playable MMO in the market.
Not even close for me. When I was younger and full-loot was new to me I thought it was super cool though. But I've just grown out of it and value my time so much more. Full-loot is still a plus for me, but the game has to actually be good and reward you for being the better player. MO2 just doesn't fit any of that for me. I get that fix from Tarkov.

I think its just a "me" thing though. I can't remember the last time in MO I was even excited about looting someone. Usually you just kill and delete their shit so they can't regear. Once in a blue moon you'll loot a cronite sword or something. Regardless, full loot doesn't make a game good.

Reactions: oykd and Teknique

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Not even close for me. When I was younger and full-loot was new to me I thought it was super cool though. But I've just grown out of it and value my time so much more. Full-loot is still a plus for me, but the game has to actually be good and reward you for being the better player. MO2 just doesn't fit any of that for me. I get that fix from Tarkov.

I think its just a "me" thing though. I can't remember the last time in MO I was even excited about looting someone. Usually you just kill and delete their shit so they can't regear. Once in a blue moon you'll loot a cronite sword or something. Regardless, full loot doesn't make a game good.
Great PVP is built on the foundation of great PVE, and empty worlds are not great PVE.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Everything else is the very same kind of garbage, with safe areas, ridiculous no loot rules and pvp switches... MO2 is the only game you actually lose something when you die to another player !

We may think about Eve online and Albion... But Eve is not medieval stuff, so it doesnt count...
And Albion has SAFE zones, so its also a big trash !

Besides, Mortal Online 2 can be easily fixed... Just a couple changes could attract millions of players if done right.

The problem is the lack of vision from our current designers.
If they focused on interesting stuff like BOATs, Thieving, Breeding and Tailoring... instead of putting god damn GUARDS everywhere around the world, this game certainly would receive a flood of new players.

Everybody and their mothers is tired of Safe zones and guards and protection everywhere... Gamers want EXCITEMENT, not boredom !

I subscribed because I have FAITH they will finally add Thieving on this game... And because I still believe they may hire new Game Designers to put interesting stuff on the game for us... and to REMOVE GUARDS outside towns !

No more PvP changes please. We need CONTENT.

You're wrong about safe zones. Mortal has never had more then 2000 players interested in playing it at any given time. Games like EVE, Albion and OSRS have 6 figure sub counts. NPC guards around NPC settlements are a good addition for the average MMO player. It may not be good for the average Mortal 2 player but there are simply not enough of you in the market to make a game catered to you financially feasible.

And it's not an exposure issue, the game has sold a million titles, or close to it. Even when the game was free to play (after purchase), people weren't playing it.

MMO's with full loot only survive when Risk VS Reward is properly balanced. Before NPC guards the balance was way out of whack. Fabernum was more dangerous then GK. That being said, NPC guards in player settlements are a bad idea. There shouldn't be guards in "free-for-all" zones or high-risk/high-reward areas unless those guards are strictly in NPC areas (GK/Cave camp/ETC).

I also agree with you, the game needs more content but that's a given, every MMO needs more content. Devs should be able to accomplish multiple tasks with the same update. They should be able to deliver content, bug fixes and balancing combined in timely patches but the dev team seems to struggle in this aspect; Albion just released a new patch, it had all of these things combined, so it defiantly can be done.

Starvault put so much effort into UE5, it was a poor use of manhours in my opinion. It added nothing to the game. It made the game unplayable for significant portion of the market running older graphic cards. It introduced tons of new gamebreaking bugs. The game was already the best visual MMO on the market. The main selling point was that it would be easier to patch the game if it was UE5 but that is clearly not the case as the bugs that came with UE5 are still here over a month later with 0 improvement.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
SV , players number are going down, We Need a solid patch now with pve contents that Will bring also pvp.

manure

May 7, 2022

Well, I dont feel like full loot is just a "plus"... It makes all the difference.
The "problem" is that you re focused on PvP... When you kill someone, you dont even need their stuff since whatever you re wearing is gonna be better than the victim´s... So, full loot is worthless for the PvP perspective !

The full loot experience comes when you are actually risking something VALUABLE... Its exciting on both sides.
I remember long ago, when I travelled from Vadda to Fabernum with my HOUSE DEED...in the middle of the way there was a group of PKs !! Can you imagine the sensation I had when they started to chase me ??
I was able to, miraculously, get off my horse and jump in the mountains, climbing up for my life until I escaped from their sight ! Waited like 10 minutes over there, hidden, and then started to WALK, looking for horses to tame and continue my trip.

And I have other stories too, like when I killed some guy who was travelling with rare scrolls and much Gold !! The sensation of "jackpot" was great (not so great for the victim, but we know it happens sometimes)...
And Im sure that everyone who chooses to play a game like this has a "good mind", and understands its part of the game to lose good stuff sometimes. Happens to all of us.
I think everyone who plays MO2 deserves to be treated with respect, because from the all garbage safe games out there in the market, they chose to play this one, knowing they could lose hard earned stuff someday !! And to me, thats is already proof of a good player.

So, I reiterate... This game is still the BEST when you dont look at the PvP perspective.
And it would be MUCH BETTER if they focused on content like Boats, Thieves, Tailors, new monsters, and PvE stuff.... Because PLAYERS would be able to bring danger to the gameplay while other players are trying to farm or to do whatever their business are.

Reactions: Amadman

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
This above ∆.
After more than 10 Years I still havent find a game like this. Darkfall has similar feature but mo Is Better.
So yes I sub It for One month but we Need a strong patch that resolve the freeze issues and pve contents that bring players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
wow, they deleted my post. Haha. I saw I had a message. I got moderated brose. Help.

@manure I disagree. The game is not playable. I didn't even try UE5, but there are many reasons why it's just not good. I'm not trying to be NEGATIVE. I'm being REAL. I put my money down. I played the game. I offered suggestions. I helped people in game. I did the same thing with MO1.

I don't think looting per se needs to be in a game, but the attrition of gear loss does. There need to be stakes. It's unfort, and I was figuring they had just deleted my post lowkey like they normally do, but, no they actually mod'd me.

Now I'm gonna have to get on Reddit and encourage more people to quit the game. (Joking, bud, before you mod me again...)

manure

May 7, 2022
wow, they deleted my post. Haha. I saw I had a message. I got moderated brose. Help.

@manure I disagree. The game is not playable. I didn't even try UE5, but there are many reasons why it's just not good. I'm not trying to be NEGATIVE. I'm being REAL. I put my money down. I played the game. I offered suggestions. I helped people in game. I did the same thing with MO1.
Emdash... how can you say the game is NOT good ?
Dont you remember how great it was in february 2022 ?
The problem is that we had bad changes done...

But it can all be fixed.
Stupid changes can be undone, and new cool things can be done.
This is the only game that offers real risk to players.

I have faith its going to get better...
Thieving and the Boat thing are great stuff, and they re already on radar...

Besides... do you have ANY game in mind to play instead of MO2 ?
I doubt...

Now whats this crap about mods deleting your posts ?
Is it serious ? Whats the reason ? Are you breaking any forum rules ?
I dont know if they re really erasing your stuff, but if its true, thats indeed lame !

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

But it can all be fixed.

I doubt...

I dont know if they re really erasing your stuff, but if its true, thats indeed lame !
SV deleting and banning negative feedback is just how they do things.

There is no hope for improvement if they hide their head in the sand.

Reactions: Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

But it can all be fixed.

I doubt...

Honestly, I am biased, but there was only one or two times I purposefully got a warning. I don't think my posts are inflammatory, but I do think people focus on certain words and such but don't really read. They been deleting my posts for awhile now.

I enjoyed MA when I had exitlag because I was lighting people up lool. I don't know what got into me, but I did some wild shit at certain times. I couldn't get any kills, of course, but it was a rush to fight.

I never liked foot fighting. I had this idea in beta that the game was gonna launch differently. BETA was when I had fun. I got some fights in beta because people didn't know it's best to just sit back and turtle and play super slow, so guys would try to bust your ass MO1 style and even if I lost, it was fun.

They never added anything to cooking. Cooking is like my thievery. There were never any politics. Like I said, I had good memories v early. Punching diph in beta and being surprised when he ran away, etc. Seeing guys I knew from MO1 and then watching them all quit.

I ain't mad anyone is on board with the game, but for me, I gotta say I feel less stressed to just give it up. I don't even have long term hope. I post here cuz I am an obsessive poster all over da world. I'm not gonna let SV forget what they did, but no I don't think the game can be fixed, and the only time I ever felt that in MO history was WALLS in MO1.

You're right, they could fix it, but they'd have to start from the ground up, and surprisingly, instead of giving that a try, they are working on a new project. Ego, imo.

Reactions: Gnidex

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Honestly, I am biased, but there was only one or two times I purposefully got a warning. I don't think my posts are inflammatory, but I do think people focus on certain words and such but don't really read. They been deleting my posts for awhile now.

I enjoyed MA when I had exitlag because I was lighting people up lool. I don't know what got into me, but I did some wild shit at certain times. I couldn't get any kills, of course, but it was a rush to fight.

I never liked foot fighting. I had this idea in beta that the game was gonna launch differently. BETA was when I had fun. I got some fights in beta because people didn't know it's best to just sit back and turtle and play super slow, so guys would try to bust your ass MO1 style and even if I lost, it was fun.

They never added anything to cooking. Cooking is like my thievery. There were never any politics. Like I said, I had good memories v early. Punching diph in beta and being surprised when he ran away, etc. Seeing guys I knew from MO1 and then watching them all quit.

I ain't mad anyone is on board with the game, but for me, I gotta say I feel less stressed to just give it up. I don't even have long term hope. I post here cuz I am an obsessive poster all over da world. I'm not gonna let SV forget what they did, but no I don't think the game can be fixed, and the only time I ever felt that in MO history was WALLS in MO1.

You're right, they could fix it, but they'd have to start from the ground up, and surprisingly, instead of giving that a try, they are working on a new project. Ego, imo.

Pretty much the SAME feelings here. Started this game I knew about a dozen people from MO1 who played some of them with me and a few in other guilds. Now I look around and they are playing Tarkov, or something else. Not because they are taking a break but because and I quote "we have been down that road before".

manure

May 7, 2022
Emdash and Hodo...
I understand all your reasons to give up MO2 for now...
But its good that you still read and post on the forums... because im sure that as soon as you see on Steam Chart there are like 3 thousand people playing MO2, you will desire to return to the game !!!

And it will happen after they apply BOATS and Thieving and remove guards outside towns !!!

Faith !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Numbers going down after sub begins is not something to draw any conclusions from.

Even if the game was perfect, many would not sub simply because it's not a popular monetization policy. Especially nowadays with every game being b2p with a cash shop or f2p p2w bullshit.

It's not SVs fault people are retarded about spending $15 a month for dozens to hundreds of hours of entertainment, but drop more than that on a single meal.

For all its warts MO2 offers a very unique and immersive experience, and it's easy to take it for granted.

• Haha
Reactions: oykd and Gnidex