For the love of god let us create second character without creating another steam account and buying the game again.

Caroen

Mar 14, 2022
Whilst I do understand the benefits of not allowing each account to have multiple characters... 2 would be nice so we can try different builds a bit easier.
The only benefit is inconvenience for us players. It achieves absolutely nothing. People would buy second slot or something to support the game. Creating new steam account is just bad. Most people by now has an alt account anyway so it is just inconvenience.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
The only benefit is inconvenience for us players. It achieves absolutely nothing. People would buy second slot or something to support the game. Creating new steam account is just bad. Most people by now has an alt account anyway so it is just inconvenience.
*Guesswork* I believe it is being worked on. 2 chars on same account that will share same reputation and last name etc.

Grike

Feb 4, 2022
I don't see why this is an issue, it worked well with MO1 people paying a subscription for the game and then an extra one of payment to open up another character slot giving them 3 max, some players have 3+ steam accounts and unlikely to pay subscriptions for all of them.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They can even make standing and MC account wide. Then theres very little reason top not have multiple. They said 1 promotes trade but honestly my friend can craft wep armor and full butcher. You can do so much on the 1 character that also gets to be a crafter that a lot of people can already craft what they need if they wanted to.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I have to make a premise: i had 3 full accounts on MO1 for a total of 12 characters and i was going for the fourth account. Just to give you an idea of how much i like to have multiple characters in this game.

Let me say that i really hope to have a second slot per account soon cause... yeah... I already have 3 accounts and it's not cheap. I don't do that to abuse anything i, like others have already said, love to play different builds and playstyles. But the statement "having multiple character is not an issue" is not true for a game like this and i know i can sound hypocritical saying this but i really think it's true.
Less the character per player the more the economy is alive and this is a fact that no one can argue about. The point is, realistically speaking, no one will limit himself with just an account, they will buy more, as i and tons of other players already did.
So, yes, i agree with you, having just one slot solve nothing other than make SV have more monthly subs but please, don't say that having more characters have no impact to the game cause it's not true.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I have to make a premise: i had 3 full accounts on MO1 for a total of 12 characters and i was going for the fourth account. Just to give you an idea of how much i like to have multiple characters in this game.

Let me say that i really hope to have a second slot per account soon cause... yeah... I already have 3 accounts and it's not cheap. I don't do that to abuse anything i, like others have already said, love to play different builds and playstyles. But the statement "having multiple character is not an issue" is not true for a game like this and i know i can sound hypocritical saying this but i really think it's true.
Less the character per player the more the economy is alive and this is a fact that no one can argue about. The point is, realistically speaking, no one will limit himself with just an account, they will buy more, as i and tons of other players already did.
So, yes, i agree with you, having just one slot solve nothing other than make SV have more monthly subs but please, don't say that having more characters have no impact to the game cause it's not true.
I doubt everyone will go for 2+ subs, I will but I know my friends wont.

Reactions: Tloluvin

Scarletgreen

Mar 14, 2022
tldr: bigger number better than smaller number. and the math is wrong, should be multiplied by a 9 not a 10...

I agree, this is just silly, its 2022, your telling me we cant buy extra slots at least?

Having to buy an extra game plus adding an extra steam account is very inefficient imo.

Plus lets say someone gets banned, all they gotta do is hop over on the second, third or fourth account and instead of banning one troublemaker, now you have to deal with those other accounts of that same troublemaker.

Seems like a lot of work and the simple method would be to ban a single account. Granted they may have other accounts anyway, but that will be a choice they make not something that is forced to make. Which may be a moot point in either regard... Moving on.

(Disclaimer the math may be wrong) Im half awake and more than half asleep while typing this...

Keep the character slots unlimited if you want. But how many slots do we really need, 10?

Math removed because my brain quit working...

Multiple accounts, will be very hard to survey as well. In the previous example, you will have upwards of 4000 accounts but only 1000 players.

Now reality is this, if I have 4 accounts then Im going to do that survey 4 times as well as most of us possibly. The problem is this, not everyone will have 4 accounts to survey with, some of us only have 2 or maybe even 1. that is going to throw the numbers off, that survey will be useless.

The big question is this, will it be a big enough difference to justify the storage space to handle those 9 extra characters? Will it cause a profit or a loss? Its a gamble and its reliant on other factors, is it worth it to take that risk, whats the worst case best scenario etc. Basic risk vs reward.

Sure we would benefit from having 9 extra characters slots that we could purchase, will the bottom line allow it though. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. There is a lot more to this equation than what has been presented. Im sure most of you can fill in those blanks.

As for storage well, Ive found storage to be a lot more efficient than it was 12 years ago.

Single accounts, multiple character slots is the only way to go imo.

That will allow more revenue for the game, and you will get accurate survey data for the most part. Im sure there be people that will still have multiple accounts even with character slots, not many, not enough to mess up survey data, which is important to the future of the game. In addition to other things as well.

Those numbers are just an example, the reality is always much less in the end, but other factors also exist that may affect those numbers, but that is a discussion for another time. ie: How we treat new players coming into the game...

I rest my case.

Outside of that love the game thank you so much for making this and letting us play it!

Skol
- Fyns

Last edited:

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
New player here. Love the game thus far and I will say I'm not about to make a whole new account to have a alt character or try new builds.

The one thing I WILL do though is pay a flat fee up to $40 for another character slot to have in my account. Alternatively, I would even pay say $10-15 a month extra for an extra slot if NO FLAT FEE is needed for a secondary character on my account.

Bottom Line:

FLAT FEE model or SUB MODEL - if I am able to have another account I WILL PAY FOR IT & I WILL BE HAPPY.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Whilst I do understand the benefits of not allowing each account to have multiple characters... 2 would be nice so we can try different builds a bit easier.
allow for multiple character however name/guild andf profession skills are account bound so all character have those, so new characters are only new active skill/race/clades so baislcy just combat build therefor you get the best of both worlds.

i just want some variety right now im in limbo cause i cant realy do anything else since character built for one thing so i would have to reroll to try anything else and that would reset all my lore and crap that i dont wish to grind again let alone the combat skill

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
allow for multiple character however name/guild andf profession skills are account bound so all character have those, so new characters are only new active skill/race/clades so baislcy just combat build therefor you get the best of both worlds.

i just want some variety right now im in limbo cause i cant realy do anything else since character built for one thing so i would have to reroll to try anything else and that would reset all my lore and crap that i dont wish to grind again let alone the combat skill

I don't know how I feel about locking accounts to guilds. Some people might want secondary characters to be independent and neutral of guild influence.

On the other hand if secondary characters could join guilds outside their primary or first guild you would see a lot of espionage happening possibly.

Reactions: C3ncio

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022

guess this would work, if second characters also get crafting skillpoints this will not end well :) all the rest like guild, rep., MC has to be shared or it will well not end good too :p

i personally don't need a second character to be honest but understand how someone would want another...i just hope it will not be a real second character not connected to the other and they stick to what was said on stream.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Final fantasy 11 figured this out 20+ years ago.

Let players make different builds they can swap to on the same character. Just put a cooldown on it and require using a priest.

Having a system that doesn't allow for experimentation or simply punishes you because your build isn't as fun/viable as you thought is not tenable long term.

Especially with the amount of time investment in reading/spamming skills, the thought of rerolling a character after a certain point is nauseating.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
guess this would work, if second characters also get crafting skillpoints this will not end well :) all the rest like guild, rep., MC has to be shared or it will well not end good too :p

You are missing the point. Anyone can already make a second character which has fresh crafting skillpoints and can join a different guild etc. You just have to make a second steam account to do it.

So basically its pointless. Might as well just give everyone a second slot.

As someone else said I would be happy to pay for it.

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
As someone else said I would be happy to pay for it.
Personally I’d even be fine with the exact box fee and future sub we have now if I didn’t have to deal with the inconvenience of changing steam accounts. More than happy to give SV the same financial impact in exchange for them making that change.

Reactions: Maladore

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
SV will cave once they start hurting financially.
i already dont have a reason to log in, My one character is maxed out from action skills with my combat build seconardy skill just need secondaries level up, there no territory control and u cant realy pvp alot atm due to reputation and needing to go to towns often to sell and get supplies and so on. So until i can live out of my guild town there not realy a whole lot to do also dont need gold either got 2k gold and nothing to realy spend it on

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Final fantasy 11 figured this out 20+ years ago.

Let players make different builds they can swap to on the same character. Just put a cooldown on it and require using a priest.

Having a system that doesn't allow for experimentation or simply punishes you because your build isn't as fun/viable as you thought is not tenable long term.

Especially with the amount of time investment in reading/spamming skills, the thought of rerolling a character after a certain point is nauseating.
except in this game some build need a new race to do whcih doesnt realy work to well with same character unless ur somehow entering another body on ressurection :p