Flagging system changes, just my 2 cents again.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I wonder why the game us dying right now after you remove so much pvp content.

Henrik can say what ever he wants. If its a sand box then the players decide what type of game it is. PvP is whats holding this game up. PvP is this games soul pillar and the other content is extra with how barebones it is.

Actions gave consequences, defend your self out in the open world get harsh punishment because game crime systems cant understand context.

Henriks has consequences for his actions as well but refuses to see it.

If its a sandbox then why is most of the game NPCs doing things that players should be doing?
If you're trying to imply that moving away from completely open and unrestricted pvp is the cause of bad player retention, that's easily objected to by the history of MO1.

The game is not "dying" because of a lack of pvp content, players are leaving the game for other reasons which they are extremely vocal about in the steam reviews. People aren't happy with the state of the servers throughout launch, or the lenience and lack of perceived punishment for exploiters and bad actors, as well as one of the top complaints being the exact opposite of what you want. People aren't happy with being killed all the time.

Of course, that last one is more a case of the wrong target audience attempting to play the game without the correct expectations and being disappointed. Although, it could be argued that - being a sandbox and all - there is absolutely nothing forcing anyone to attack anyone else, and it just so happens that we have a large condensed portion of the population who wants to do that.

If we were to lose all our players tomorrow and replace them with people are more civil minded and enjoy player interaction more than just killing people, we wouldn't be getting those negative steam review complaints en mass about it.

This is to say, as a sandbox it's the current player base that determines the state of the game in this particular regard, not the game itself.

In recent events, the steam store page text has been changed, likely in attempt to attract a different player demographic that isn't simply focused on only pvp. This however will indeed need to be accompanied by additions of content that caters to those players, but it is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Red flag is not punishment but balance act

Some of us made a choice to kill anyone they want without any provocation for fun or profit.
I respect this choice and I dont call for red flag as way to punish RPK but balance act.
How is red flag punish players? No access in guarded towns? So what? There are unguarded towns, Guild keeps, strongholds.
As its stand atm RPKs have the best of both worlds. They have huge advantage in PvP - initiative. They choose when and where to attack.
If "honor" player need to decipher who is who (hate MO2 identification system with the passion. I dont need to know what kind of horse player ridding or what his title is but guild / name /color) RPK has no worry, no hesitation. How about sudden attack "out of blue"?

Again. I dont condemn RPK play style.
I do understand need for "free will" system and dont call for any kind of punishment BUT... take responsibility for your choice. Ware your red tag with pride and dont be pusy

Reactions: TheOxMan