Flagging system changes, just my 2 cents again.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So everyone can pretty much agree the current flagging system sucks. No one likes it.

The suggestion I had months if not over a year ago is simple.

If you are outside of guarded towns range, the guard aggro range. You go grey, everyone is grey in the wild, thus no murder counts outside of towns. The graveyards will be covered in the town radius for "noob" protection and to give people a safer place to farm.

This means no more murder counts for killing a rival guild in the wild while fighting over spawns or resources, you know as intended. No more murder counts for a killing someone because you happened across them in the wild and decided that you could take them.

The only place you can be reported for a murder is if you are in a "blue" zone like the 1km radius around a town. Which is about the radius of the guards.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they want to make PvP around towns harshly punished thats ok. As long as you are not punished for PvP out in the middle of no where, hours away from guards with no witnesses.

Put guard towers up to symbolize the area some what, add guard camps for each empire sparsely around towns with the same short range so new fledgling adventuresses have a place to flee to from larger groups.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
If they want to make PvP around towns harshly punished thats ok. As long as you are not punished for PvP out in the middle of no where, hours away from guards with no witnesses.

Put guard towers up to symbolize the area some what, add guard camps for each empire sparsely around towns with the same short range so new fledgling adventuresses have a place to flee to from larger groups.
Was just about to say this about having guard tower/ guard patrols.

They can add guard caravans later down the lines that travel periodically between towns also)

There are ways for them to have their cake and eat it too with regard to keeping safety nets up for new players whilst promoting player conflict

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
So everyone can pretty much agree the current flagging system sucks. No one likes it.

If you are outside of guarded towns range, the guard aggro range. You go grey, everyone is grey in the wild, thus no murder counts outside of towns. The graveyards will be covered in the town radius for "noob" protection and to give people a safer place to farm.

This means no more murder counts for killing a rival guild in the wild while fighting over spawns or resources, you know as intended. No more murder counts for a killing someone because you happened across them in the wild and decided that you could take them.

The only place you can be reported for a murder is if you are in a "blue" zone like the 1km radius around a town. Which is about the radius of the guards.
I think this would be good, curious however what the utility would be in declaring war then?

Apr 25, 2022

Its simple, just make two types of guild:

Guild A.) Is a murderer and criminal guild. Red and Grey players only.
Outside of town they can defend themselfs against any attacker (red or grey) without incurring a penalty.
Outside of town they can attack any player, red, grey or blue. Penalties are only received when killing blue players.
Not the red nor the grey player can give murder counts upon death.
Make all the guilds within an alliance share their respective wars, like it was said days before the patch hit.

Guild B.) Is a PVE guild. Blue players only.
Outside of town they can defend themselfs against any attacker (red or grey) without incurring a penalty.
Outside of town they can NOT attack any blue player.
Only clanless and players within a PVE guild are able to give murder counts upon death.

The way it was since mo1 when murderers started crying for years to make them "BLUE/INNOCENT" able to run up on innocent newbies and strike first in their back style, was simple like in Ultima Online.
Murderers are Red.
Criminals are Grey. (less than 5 murder counts)
Innocent Players are Blue (less than 5 murder counts)

TIME TO CHANGE BACK AND GET GOOD!

Why those devs rather listen to those pathetic little creatures which dont know PVP when it hits their horses drivebyshooting style, i cannot fathom.
Stupidity must be a disease nowadays, which is spreading rapidly and killing innocent players and games alike faster than all known viruses combined.

ANG teaching you how the reality is like and making you swallow all colored pills at once since ´97

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think this would be good, curious however what the utility would be in declaring war then?

Outside of the obvious being able to see your enemies easier. I would also say it marks their structures as hostile, or perhaps give the ability to siege assets.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Outside of town they can attack any player, red, grey or blue. Penalties are only received when killing blue players.
Make all the guilds within an alliance share their respective wars, like it was said days before the patch hit.

Only clanless and players within a PVE guild are able to give murder counts upon death.

The way it was since mo1 when murderers started crying for years to make them "BLUE/INNOCENT" able to run up on innocent newbies and strike first in their back style, was simple like in Ultima Online.
Murderers are Red.

Why those devs rather listen to those pathetic little creatures which dont know PVP when it hits their horses drivebyshooting style, i cannot fathom.
Stupidity must be a disease nowadays, which is spreading rapidly and killing innocent players and games alike faster than all known viruses combined.

ANG teaching you how the reality is like and making you swallow all colored pills at once since ´97

I am not sure if you're trying to be "edgy" but it is difficult to read your posts sometimes.

The issue there was with the perma red system of MO1 was the stat loss. It was a bit crazy to force stat loss for wars when people would just drop tags and continue being a pain in the ass of those who they were at war with. I can remember Myrmadon and RPK doing this a few times from 2010-2012.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I'd keep the flagging system but not the mcs and reporting in the wilderness and I'd even add on top of this a whitness report system, which would give a player who has whitnessed a crime anywhere the ability to report it in a town. Being the criminal reported once per criminal act.
i don't see how getting to escape from criminals shouldn't be encouraged by fair and diegetic mechanics.

Maybe even reward reports without creating exploiting scenarios, like (x) amount of clade or standing for 1 report every 24hs.

But grey areas outside towns seems fair enough to be honest.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think a reporting system wpuld be cool. But I still want guard camps sparsly around the area. Got to make it back to town how ever to report.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika

Murderers are Red.

This is good. I support this 100%. Why is this not in game...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
That's called murder.

You do realize that the number of unsolved murders and homicides out number the number of solved cases by a large margin. Do you realize why that is? Because there is no evidence or lack of evidence. In this case in a game where there is no cell network or magical beacon system to tell when a person dies in the wild and what kills them. What is the difference between you dying to a wolf or a player bandit or a NPC bandit? There is ZERO difference when it is outside of town.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
I think you should need to remember the name of the person and type it to an npc guard. Maybe /report (players name)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think a reporting system wpuld be cool. But I still want guard camps sparsly around the area. Got to make it back to town how ever to report.
Yeah i don't see how small guarded outposts with minimal features can't be an option for travelling people, making the wilderness more forgiving for everything thats not a zerg.

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Murderers are Red.

I don't like the idea around over-conditioning social interaction or PVP, if anything i think less is more in this case. Make it simple, town areas and guards sight are protected by law and will impact negatively with standing, anything outside of that should be free game and criminal actions/status ment for alive players to report in towns/outposts after whitnessing a crime/s.

And i really dislike these dumb requests about making murderers reds. I can stand blue-grey flagging system, but red? Do we really wanna make it so any random know its fighting a murderer? Fuck no thats a retarded idea, let player get their own conclussions, its enough players can see when someone is crminal.
Diegetically we could say grey represent the signs of someone that has committed a crime, but red shouldn't represent information other players shouldn't know, such as a crime history without actually being aware of it.

One of the greatests changes MO2 had in comparison with MO1 is that they fucking removed red tag, i don't see how anyone would vouch for bringing that garbage back.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think you should need to remember the name of the person and type it to an npc guard. Maybe /report (players name)
Not even that, record any character ID in the area of sight with criminal status and aslong as the whitness is alive should be able to select who to report with an NPC in a town or guarded camp. Really straight forward.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022

Your solution for the flagging system is to give zero downside to RPK?

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae