Fishing Map

What information should be publicly visible when viewing a fish spawn marker?

• Location, fish type, bait used, time of day, depth and custom notes

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Location and fish type only (allow users to save their own private notes for bait/time/depth etc)

Votes: 32 55.2%

• Total voters

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Will be adding fish reports to MO Map so just looking to find out the community opinion on the level of detail. Much like alchemy I don't want to provide a tool that ruins the profession and takes away from the hard work of others.

Will be adding fish reports to MO Map so just looking to find out the community opinion on the level of detail. Much like alchemy I don't want to provide a tool that ruins the profession and takes away from the hard work of others.
The "spoiling" of information is inevitable. Nothing stays secret forever, and even (the implemented) alchemical secrets are only "soft" secrets that have been leaked or outright released prior by players to the general public.

I'd just add everything, as if you don't, someone else will of their own accord and maybe even out of spite.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
The "spoiling" of information is inevitable. Nothing stays secret forever, and even (the implemented) alchemical secrets are only "soft" secrets that have been leaked or outright released prior by players to the general public.

I'd just add everything, as if you don't, someone else will of their own accord and maybe even out of spite.
How about no.

stop being lazy and looking for instant gratification.

figure it out for yourself.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I think adding to much information will spoil the exploring part.

A bit offtopic:
Do you plan to add the information which town uses which Faction Standing? Would be also usefull.

Reactions: Slyy

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
How about no.

He speaks from experience, with MO1. He's also one of the big brains of the MO community, dude knew more "secrets" in MO1 than 90% of the players.

A lot of the fish being found are common or somewhat uncommon & slightly rare fish from MO1, and veterans from the first game have a general knowledge in where certain fish will be located, what depths, bait, time of day they should generally be, based on the first game. Despite SV altering things, this previous knowledge gives a head start as a baseline.

The rarest fish in MO1, The Kelp dragon when found out, the info on how to catch it spread pretty quick. Though a pretty rare fish(Blood Kua) info remained pretty secret(Actually surprised how easy it is to get in MO2).

Same with Alchemy and cooking, a lot of good recipes were public and only the very potent recipes were kept hush hush, unless you spent good gold for the info.

It's inevitable.

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
He speaks from experience, with MO1. He's also one of the big brains of the MO community, dude knew more "secrets" in MO1 than 90% of the players.

A lot of the fish being found are common or somewhat uncommon & slightly rare fish from MO1, and veterans from the first game have a general knowledge in where certain fish will be located, what depths, bait, time of day they should generally be, based on the first game. Despite SV altering things, this previous knowledge gives a head start as a baseline.

The rarest fish in MO1, The Kelp dragon when found out, the info on how to catch it spread pretty quick. Though a pretty rare fish(Blood Kua) info remained pretty secret(Actually surprised how easy it is to get in MO2).

Same with Alchemy and cooking, a lot of good recipes were public and only the very potent recipes were kept hush hush, unless you spent good gold for the info.

It's inevitable.
"The potent recipes were hush hush"

Exactly.

Thank you for proving my point.

How about no.

I fished in MO 1. I don't have any plans of fishing in MO 2 with the single character system, so I don't stand to benefit. Also see:

Very little point in not having this information centralized and available from a common source rather than hobbled off in some unfortunate corner of the Internet that most players will never visit. For better or for worse, many people consider forums archaic at this point.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Locations alone should be fine. Its up to the fisher to figure out the rest or get friends that do.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Might as well provide as much info as you can. Alchemy isn't really that secretive. Everyone knows what the best ingredients are and where to find them. It's just being able to combine them in a cost effective way that matters

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
How about no.

Here's an idea: if you want the mystery, don't look at the forum posts.

What you actually want, is the ability to lord it over other people. Why else would you care about what other people know?

Here's an idea: if you want the mystery, don't look at the forum posts.

What you actually want, is the ability to lord it over other people. Why else would you care about what other people know?
If you'd like an insight into this fellow's psyche, see the following:
I agree with you to an extent. Share it to others that have dedicated time to the craft and exchange information for information. Not do it openly on the forums. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people reference this forum post. Do it in a closed off and monitored discord that's invite only.

Now everybody and their kid knows how to catch black whiskerfish and meduli economy is so fucked right now it's not even funny. I guarantee you it will get nerfed.
In short, they believe that in the event that they discover an oversight that inherently requires developer intervention, they should have the ability to exploit it until such a time that the developers themselves discover it. Brings back fond memories of the arguments in favor of volumization.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Who's to say its a development oversight and not just an effective way to make money?

Let people who invest their time into the game to be rewarded. You guys sound soft who wanted it handed to you for free.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Where but not how is a good compromise. Knowing that something is possible isn't really that much of a spoiler and actually motivates people to try and find out stuff. I'm sure alchemy would be much more popular if we just had a hint from the devs that there's already more to it than healing potions implemented already.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Who's to say its a development oversight and not just an effective way to make money?

Let people who invest their time into the game to be rewarded. You guys sound soft who wanted it handed to you for free.

Back in MO1 I founded a keep monastery in front of Tindrem, just before the game was released on Steam, with the intention of teaching as many people as I could how to play the game. At the time the game population was dwindling and we all knew the main reason was rage quitting and game difficulty. Lots of people would say that its hard to understand how to play the game, and its true, in a lot of ways MO is an obtuse game where what you need to do is not immediately obvious. With MO2 efforts have been made to fix this somewhat, but lets be honest, SV just isn't exactly in the education game.

Its great you or others are such hardcore players, but if you want a thriving game with lots of targets, you'll have to have a baseline of player made help in the form of things like this and tutorials.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
If you'd like an insight into this fellow's psyche, see the following:

In short, they believe that in the event that they discover an oversight that inherently requires developer intervention, they should have the ability to exploit it until such a time that the developers themselves discover it. Brings back fond memories of the arguments in favor of volumization.
SV puts things into the game that reward people for figuring it out. This is my point. It is also one of the games major selling points.

I understand that you're trying to sound smart here but you aren't doing a good job.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
SV puts things into the game that reward people for figuring it out. This is my point. It is also one of the games major selling points.

I understand that you're trying to sound smart here but you aren't doing a good job.

Na man, I'd say he's got you figured out. That's my take on you too.