Fishing Map

What information should be publicly visible when viewing a fish spawn marker?

• Location, fish type, bait used, time of day, depth and custom notes

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Location and fish type only (allow users to save their own private notes for bait/time/depth etc)

Votes: 32 55.2%

• Total voters

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
"The potent recipes were hush hush"

Exactly.

Thank you for proving my point.
What you think is secretive knowledge, isn't really that secretive at all. I get you want the mysterious element behind things so you can either monopolize and reap in personal gain or ego - and things like this will happen....with actual potent things. Well if you manage to find these actual potent things.

Fishing is something that SV needs to monitor it's effectiveness, or it will break the economy and make the value of coin worthless. Catch weight, vendor value for both whole and refined fish needs to be known, or we'll have a MO1 situation of fishing breaking the economy. Fishing is low risk, high reward currently due to the catch values - That will change based on player feedback. Kind of the point of the testing environment.

Who's to say its a development oversight and not just an effective way to make money?

Let people who invest their time into the game to be rewarded. You guys sound soft who wanted it handed to you for free.
Just goes to show how little you know, despite you thinking you know.

Veterans of the first game, with a decade worth of knowledge that around 75% - 80% transfers over to this game. Fishing, alchemy, cooking, armor/weapon crafting etc are quite similar in how they were in the first game, just with some alterations values and effectiveness, that are easily found, through a little trial and error. This directly puts us at a big advantage in transitioning over to this game. What a lot of people think are OP or potent right now, isn't.

People like Mort and Favonius have a wealth of knowledge that was gathered through experimentation(trial & error) and doing the hard yards for years and years. Why would we need things handed to us for free, when we already basically know? Try to brain my dude. Everything was basically handed to us for free already lmao.