Feedback on the jungle

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The second coming of the sacred land is here and all of the faithful rejoiced.

The atmosphere is just right and many hours have been spend exploring the stream, steps, isles and beaches. The work by the builders has been exceptional. There is actually less floating foliage in the jungle than anywhere else. A very good start.

Here is my feedback in 3 parts on the jungle with lists on how to make it even better.

Waterways:

An iconic feature of the jungle: floods, rivers, brooks, waterfalls and lakes. They provided both safety and danger, as well as orientation.

I believe they should be both wider and deeper in this new map to reflect the more realistic scale of the continent and the jungle. Most of the "roads" or "pathways" currently found in the jungle should be converted into brooks, both deep enough to swim, or just running water one can walk through. This way they still provide a measure of orientation, but the jungle remains untouched by filthy heathen civilisation.

In the layout geography should be consider above all to give the landscape a realistic feeling. The water in a pool below a waterfall should run "somewhere". Probably towards the ocean.

Bridges should exist. I would like them to be constructable by players but that is another suggestion I guess. The stone bridge currently found is very atmospheric and should be a standard for things to come.

General Landscaping:

The scale of the jungle, it´s steps and features is awe inspiring - as it should be.

Some details could be improved upon:

1. Ground textures are the same as in other forest and in general are a bit too much on the brown side. Please give the jungle custom ground textures.

2. Some of the foliage and specifically pickables were reused from other regions that do not fit well. Remove most (if not all) wolfbrush, common flowers from the jungle and add specific plants fitting to the biom.

3. Calx, it´s missing. Please add the masses of calx that could be found everywhere in the jungle in Mortal Online 1.

4. The vines coming down from the trees should thicker, go all the way to the ground and be denser.

5. Add more hidden pathways in and out of the jungle. Like scaffoldings or ways to jump from rock to rock.

6. Add more variants of trees and resource nodes. Maybe just scale the size up and down.

7. Jungle camp used to have easy access to the ocean, which I thought was intended (supplies by boat and whatnot). This is not the case in MO2.

Resources:
Notes:
- The bigger type of tree currently found in the jungle (on the right below) should give brownwood instead of whitewood
20210217220051_1.jpg

- Add "Karuva" trees, which had blackwood:
20210216164456_1.jpg

- Add more and better plants. The jungle should be the ultimate source for all things alchemical.

- Add seadew to the beaches.

Features:

One big thing missing are the giant trees found in the jungle of old. Maybe that was a design decision, but I miss them. Going with that were the Sator villages, structures which fitted very well with the astetic.
20210216162030_1.jpg

- We also need all the sign of old and sunken civilisations back. Those should be hidden, hard to find and obviously based on the lore. (Ask Mats for tips)

- Caves. Everyone likes caves.

This is how far I have come so far. Feedback from other players was considered when making this list but feel free to add yours.

All in all I´m very pleased with the jungle and with all of the above implemented it will be a glorious place to worship the gods and perform my sacred duty.

EDIT:

Both the 1. and 2. post have been updated with more suggestions. Highlighted in red.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Fauna:

- The fauna should be diverse, profitable and very dangerous.
- My personal first 3 would be: Water lizards, shore prowers and terror birds.
- Add ambient fauna such as lightbugs, butterflies, fireflies etc.

Bugs (not literal ones):

- No ore nodes have been activated as far as I can tell

- A lot of wood nodes are wrong (white- instead of brownwood) and are hard to harvest from
- You have to stand in a specific spot to begin gathering

- Palmfruit and Malus trees are hard to gather from, again you have to stand in a specific spot to harvest (might be a short character problem as well)

Signposts:

Remove them. Whoever added them should be put on notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neftan

Rhias

May 28, 2020
There are quite a few plateaus which seem to be unreachable right now. What a shame! :(
And the current rivers don't make any sense. (I guess they're not finished yet.)
The river that comes from broken water ends in a lake. And a few 100 meters south a new river starts out of the nowhere...

One major part is still missing: the random panther attacking from the undergrowth. :D

Reactions: Xunila

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I hope the jungle will finally be dangerous with roaming aggressive predatory creatures hunting players. Bad in the daytime but hell at night.

And then for extra immersion ala SV style have random diseases that will kill you within a certain time unless you find the right antidote :ROFLMAO: ah yea that would be great.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhias

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
As of now, the jungle seems a big waste of space. Hopefully the fauna will be enough to rescue it. What seems more likely is that a spot or two will be in demand and those spots will be surrounded by acres and acres of landscape that is frustrating to traverse .

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
I just found this atrocity.

And there are a total of 8 signposts. I mean is this a joke? There are no fucking signs anywhere else, but theJUNGLE of all places gets a tutorial treatment?

Please remove the signs and roads and replace them with paths and add rivers for orientation.

Attachments

• 20210302161819_1.jpg
    20210302161819_1.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
The worlds builders have return some of the character to the sacred land which is good. Immersion breaking assets have been removed and the overall feel is already better.

Compared to the rest of the world the jungle seems to have a lot less creatures to hunt, tame and run from. Hopefully this was just and temporary oversight and it will be filled to the brim with exotic creatures and plants.

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
The worlds builders have return some of the character to the sacred land which is good. Immersion breaking assets have been removed and the overall feel is already better.

Compared to the rest of the world the jungle seems to have a lot less creatures to hunt, tame and run from. Hopefully this was just and temporary oversight and it will be filled to the brim with exotic creatures and plants.
Heard the same about the lack of creatures down there.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Very good to hear the jungle is getting more jungle-y. I agree that it should be more of a green hell than a vacation spot, with lots of exotic creatures and plants.

Henrik has said on stream that they want to wait to add all creatures and plants until persistance release, so as "not give unfair advantage to beta testers". We wil have to wait and see what they have come up with.