Combat performance feedback, from the observer's perspective.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
I think we need to stop giving SV such a hard time. These games are hard to make. Even harder to please Karen's. Look at LiF and Last Oasis, its not as if they were wild successes.

If anything we SHOULD give them a hard time; long as feedback remains sensible and critical. Asking for an NA server or giving feedback that the disadvantage between EU and NA players, and/or desync between players isn't being a "karen" lol. What do you think is going to happen when the game launches on steam and these problems still exist?

The fact those games aren't wild successes (I mean, LiF is a literal wreck of a game and has been on life support for quite some time) should be a cause for concern. Those aren't games to emulate, but lessons that should be learned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If anything we SHOULD give them a hard time; long as feedback remains sensible and critical. Asking for an NA server or giving feedback that the disadvantage between EU and NA players, and/or desync between players isn't being a "karen" lol. What do you think is going to happen when the game launches on steam and these problems still exist?

The fact those games aren't wild successes (I mean, LiF is a literal wreck of a game and has been on life support for quite some time) should be a cause for concern. Those aren't games to emulate, but lessons that should be learned.
Its text book karening. When a company does everything possible to remedy the situation but it’s still “outrageous and ridiculous” then it’s being a Karen. This game is attempt to do the impossible. The desync which has been said a billion times has nothing to do with ping. It happens between na vs na players Swede vs Swede. It’s client sided hit detection. Maybe it can be improved a bit. That’s it they know it’s an issue. Not understanding the technical side of stuff that you’re complaining about is also text book karening.

henrik has stated he doesn’t need anymore feedback about NA server. So he’s heard it. Continuing to complain about an issue and notaccepting the timelines (2nd continent na) please be patient. You guessed it the personification of being a karen

• Sad

Holypimp

Jun 2, 2020
Not understanding the technical side of stuff that you’re complaining about is also text book karening.

LMAO @ karening

But seriously we, the testers and those who can only give their feedback through the content said testers put out for us, DON'T need to know about all the technical side of the game to SEE this kind of programming will not grant a fun product in the end. Henrik saw my criticism of this thread on discord and promptly told me that ''This is no where near MO1 in terms of programming you don't know what you're talking about bla bla bla''

At that point the question we could ask SV is, why go through all the effort of making a whole new game from scatch, supposedly to have a better foundation upon which to construct their vision of Mortal Online, only to end up with MO1, but more flashy and bling. This makes absolutely no sense to me and for many of us out here and we are not Karening for asking SV some accountability. Hell sometimes I even wonder if SV's playerbase wants this game to succeed more than SV itself.

At release, if the average player still has to fight against lag on top of murderous no-life griefers SV soyboy fans roaming Nave, in no time will Nave be another barren wasteland devoid of any life, except for the SV soyboy fans who would throw themselves down a cliff if Henrik told them to.

So I feel it is my duty to be as loud as possible, and remind SV that the potential of their product is tremendously huge, far more so than they seem to believe. Their game could be so much fun if only for a couple issues that I find frustrating because they were present in MO1 and I have very bad experiences from MO1.

So here I am Karening...

• Love

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
LMAO @ karening

But seriously we, the testers and those who can only give their feedback through the content said testers put out for us, DON'T need to know about all the technical side of the game to SEE this kind of programming will not grant a fun product in the end. Henrik saw my criticism of this thread on discord and promptly told me that ''This is no where near MO1 in terms of programming you don't know what you're talking about bla bla bla''

At that point the question we could ask SV is, why go through all the effort of making a whole new game from scatch, supposedly to have a better foundation upon which to construct their vision of Mortal Online, only to end up with MO1, but more flashy and bling. This makes absolutely no sense to me and for many of us out here and we are not Karening for asking SV some accountability. Hell sometimes I even wonder if SV's playerbase wants this game to succeed more than SV itself.

At release, if the average player still has to fight against lag on top of murderous no-life griefers SV soyboy fans roaming Nave, in no time will Nave be another barren wasteland devoid of any life, except for the SV soyboy fans who would throw themselves down a cliff if Henrik told them to.

So I feel it is my duty to be as loud as possible, and remind SV that the potential of their product is tremendously huge, far more so than they seem to believe. Their game could be so much fun if only for a couple issues that I find frustrating because they were present in MO1 and I have very bad experiences from MO1.

So here I am Karening...
I get it I really do, but you can’t go back to your company in 1996 and say how come you’re on dial up I want fibre optics it just isn’t possible.

At the same time you can’t ask for a network solutioned game thats using client sided data and expect server updated performance but with the stability of the client side.
Your other option is wait for star citizen and chronicles of Elyria. Their games won’t have that desync or ever release but that’s a moot point.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
i though of just going out into the ocean on a big expedition and digging the server under sea level. that way no one will ever get good ping and there will be pretty much no way for ppl to move there to get an advantage.
I'm sorry to inform you that there is at least one MO2 player (who shall remain nameless here) who spends a large amount of time on ships--

Perhaps the only fair way would be to rotate through a number of servers around the world. That's not feasible.

Yeah idk if anything can be done about it, aside from us NA boys being on an NA server. So we'll just have to learn to poke and prod until we know the distance of the person we're fighting, and THEN play the game. Nothing that other games haven't already taught us.
If all else fails (and an NA server won't happen), listen to Kavu.

• Love
Reactions: Kavu

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I hear ya, think it happens to everyone. I guess what i'm saying is I don't think its fixable, and its not related to latency or EU server.

Thanks for using imagery I can understand.
Cmon dude, not related to latency? If that was true then EU players would have the same desync as AUS and Chinease players, etc. We would all be Dooferguys

It might not be the same desync as a server side game, but saying latency has nothing to do is not true.

They dont really have to rewrite their code to server side, as a NA server will still attract players from australia, asia, south america, etc. So prediction will still be useful, but most of the NA population should have way lower desync than in a EU server thats for sure.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Cmon dude, not related to latency? If that was true then EU players would have the same desync as AUS and Chinease players, etc. We would all be Dooferguys

It might not be the same desync as a server side game, but saying latency has nothing to do is not true.

They dont really have to rewrite their code to server side, as a NA server will still attract players from australia, asia, south america, etc. So prediction will still be useful, but most of the NA population should have way lower desync than in a EU server thats for sure.
Yeah you’re right it will play some factor but it’s not the primary cause. Which is why eu vs eu will complain about it.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yeah you’re right it will play some factor but it’s not the primary cause. Which is why eu vs eu will complain about it.
Idk I dont really remember euros complaining about other euros desync in MO1, maybe this is an issue solely from MO2?

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Idk I dont really remember euros complaining about other euros desync in MO1, maybe this is an issue solely from MO2?

It has always been an issue. I think it has something to do with unstable internet connections like Wifi etc.

I have a video that shows Rolufe hitting me from at 2 meters away and looking the wrong way. We´re both EU.

This is a seperate issue to reaction time. A high ping player (140+) is unable to parry some counters from low ping players. NA server would not solve the desync, just the parries. And I think for that there is other solutions in the pipeline.

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm sorry to inform you that there is at least one MO2 player (who shall remain nameless here) who spends a large amount of time on ships--

Perhaps the only fair way would be to rotate through a number of servers around the world. That's not feasible.

If all else fails (and an NA server won't happen), listen to Kavu.
You've either disallowed me specifically from pming you (which would be strange because I haven't tried to pm you for years if ever) or everyone, but here is your Henrik quote as requested from earlier my dear Layla.

AwZvzHE.png

You could carry on doubting me so regularly but surely that must be exhausting for you.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
You've either disallowed me specifically from pming you (which would be strange because I haven't tried to pm you for years if ever) or everyone, but here is your Henrik quote as requested from earlier my dear Layla.

AwZvzHE.png

You could carry on doubting me so regularly but surely that must be exhausting for you.

Yes, it seems that Henrik is comfortable with taking the Wurm Online route of having single shard with continental servers. I'm all for it, if it can be pulled off.

Also Layla has her page hidden so you can't really contact her directly via PM unless you're both following each other, and I'm not sure if that works right atm.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
In their tongue he is known as Veysunkiin, Shipborn!

Ost kaka!

It has always been an issue. I think it has something to do with unstable internet connections like Wifi etc.

I have a video that shows Rolufe hitting me from at 2 meters away and looking the wrong way. We´re both EU.

This is a seperate issue to reaction time. A high ping player (140+) is unable to parry some counters from low ping players. NA server would not solve the desync, just the parries. And I think for that there is other solutions in the pipeline.
I think Sebastian already mentioned that they do have a system that impacts the time you have to see and react to swings and personally I think they just forgot to put in mind counters when they set it up. I'm pretty sure they know about it at this point and are working on it.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Well of course wifi is gonna fuck with your connection, even if you live right on the server. Ive seen your video but I dont remember stuff like this happening in MO1, maybe they screwed up something when they messed with the prediction for MO2?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You've either disallowed me specifically from pming you (which would be strange because I haven't tried to pm you for years if ever) or everyone, but here is your Henrik quote as requested from earlier <pejorative deleted>.

AwZvzHE.png

On the contrary, though my post saying I would *like* to see your sources has been deleted for unknown reasons, I am fine with seeing this ambiguous quote from Henrik which is from a later year than mine was. I can see why you think an NA server might be possible. We'll have to see if it happens.

Yes, it seems that Henrik is comfortable with taking the Wurm Online route of having single shard with continental servers. I'm all for it, if it can be pulled off.

Also Laylah has her page hidden so you can't really contact her directly via PM unless you're both following each other, and I'm not sure if that works right atm.
Slight correction: Only people I am following can PM me; it works; this has been the case since 2018 when the forums were restored; you are not the only person that I do not follow and can therefore relax without feeling singled out. Anything you need to say to me can surely be said in Discord or in public, here. Please let's stay on topic.

Whenever MO2 releases in a persistent state, it seems there still won't be an NA server. It may be of no use to continue asking for one if Henrik's intention is firm, and either way it can't be all that urgent.
laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Well of course wifi is gonna fuck with your connection, even if you live right on the server. Ive seen your video but I dont remember stuff like this happening in MO1, maybe they screwed up something when they messed with the prediction for MO2?

MO1 was much worse in that regard. Even without nodelines people would hit air and you´d receive damage. Or hit you in the back while you were looking straight at them. Which is the exact same problem btw. They did improve on it in MO2.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
MO1 was much worse in that regard. Even without nodelines people would hit air and you´d receive damage. Or hit you in the back while you were looking straight at them. Which is the exact same problem btw. They did improve on it in MO2.
Not for low ping vs low ping, this never happened in MO1. They must have screwed something up in MO2

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Lol how privileged are we if we’re complaining about how 1-3 seconds Of desync with people playing around the world is unacceptable. Ffs mo1 wasnt that bad at all and I play from hawaii. I wasnt god at pvp but I could win a 1v1 sometimes. And this game is for bigger battles where you wont be parring every blow anyways.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Rose tinted glasses are in effect. Mo1 was actually very very bad. But I think we all enjoyed it anyway, to some extent. Why would we all be back otherwise?

2 things were the main obstacles for Mo1 development: Technical limitations (engine, current technology, infrastructure) and super small dev team(including meager budget).

At least one of those are confirmed to be better. The dev team is now more like a normal size for a small studio, instead of the 2-4 that mo1 had most of its life.

If the other obstacle is something they can get past is all up in the air right now, only one way to find out.