CLADE RESET DELETES PRIMARY SKILL POINTS (BUG!!) GM SAY WAI!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So, I learned this awhile ago... if you clade reset, you can absolutely lose some of your skill points that are related to your clades. This is an issue that GMs must not understand because they do not help. My boy just lost all his spiritism haha. I lost most of my adv archery skills awhile ago. Not exactly an equal comparison, but it definitely shows that clade reset can drop your points off.

Someone please explain how this is OK. Please explain why they can't just RESET YOUR POINTS because clicking 'clade reset' should not RESET YOUR SKILL POINTS. Even if it did somehow drop you below a break point, the points should still be there as soon as you hit the break point again.

The fact that you get stood up by GMs is really the icing, tho, because it's bad enough to look at your skill spread and be like hmm this is different... wait... WHAT?!

SV WHEN OTHER PEOPLE DO THIS THEY ARE GONNA QUIT. These things lead to quitting in general. I know it was part of the reason I was like heh yeahhh I think I'll chill for awhile. My exit lag is about to run out now, too. :*(

You seriously have to address this issue. I don't think you understand how devastating of a loss it can be. Losing 100 marks is bad enough but losing spiritism? :eek:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Imagine that happening for ritualism, hunders if not thousands of gold and hours of work grinding lost. And ofc I bet GMs would be no help at all.

It could. Sooner or later, they will have to address it. Like I said, they don't understand how long it even takes to level marks to 100. lol I might have done some on a stationary person, but mostly did it in the field. :/ Playing the game AS INTENDED and i get SCREWED. My boy, too. I even heard they elevated his thing to @LGM Discord but nothing happened. Ahem? :eek:

Like I said: THIS IS NO JOKE LEVEL LOSS. We are not rich. We play enough to get stuff in, but it's a task to get all of the stuff like expensive books/level gated skills. This ain't PVP. This ain't your horse disappearing with mats on it. This is a menu bug. Ooo... plz re-review Discord! And thanks for the bump Kebe. :)

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
It could. Sooner or later, they will have to address it. Like I said, they don't understand how long it even takes to level marks to 100. lol I might have done some on a stationary person, but mostly did it in the field. :/ Playing the game AS INTENDED and i get SCREWED. My boy, too. I even heard they elevated his thing to @LGM Discord but nothing happened. Ahem? :eek:

Like I said: THIS IS NO JOKE LEVEL LOSS. We are not rich. We play enough to get stuff in, but it's a task to get all of the stuff like expensive books/level gated skills. This ain't PVP. This ain't your horse disappearing with mats on it. This is a menu bug. Ooo... plz re-review Discord! And thanks for the bump Kebe. :)
well, actually, this feature was added for players who really made a mistake in spreading gifts, and not to indulge in variations. of course it's a pity that you're so fucked up

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
well, actually, this feature was added for players who really made a mistake in spreading gifts, and not to indulge in variations. of course it's a pity that you're so fucked up

haha, I'd love to see a GM give that exact response :p I could see it. But it would be a little different. Yeah, y'know if you spec a gift and you wanna spec another gift, it really should destroy your whole build. Working as intended. Hardcore sandbox. NO ONE REPLIED YET! C'mon SV!!

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Someone please explain how this is OK. Please explain why they can't just RESET YOUR POINTS because clicking 'clade reset' should not RESET YOUR SKILL POINTS. Even if it did somehow drop you below a break point, the points should still be there as soon as you hit the break point again.
lol, still love you Mortal :)

Reactions: Daikos

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
lol, still love you Mortal :)

Nah, man, the thing is they can fix it. Fuck the game. Mortal itself is a solid game esp with how well they know how to FIX THE ERRORS and why they occur, but them not doing that is STRAIGHT HATING.

STRAIGHT HATING!!

Pretty sure I can recreate the bug because any time I respec, since I have adv archery (tho barely leveled cuz I ALREADY KNOW), it's gonna drop that shit major because it senses the archery points are lost for a moment. It makes 0 sense when it is going thru a process of clade reset that should be a bit more advanced than... UNDO ALL CLADES... REDO ALL CLADES... then the fact that they won't help you when it literally deletes primary points from your build is just nuts. It's toxic.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Nah, man, the thing is they can fix it. Fuck the game. Mortal itself is a solid game esp with how well they know how to FIX THE ERRORS and why they occur, but them not doing that is STRAIGHT HATING.

STRAIGHT HATING!!

Pretty sure I can recreate the bug because any time I respec, since I have adv archery (tho barely leveled cuz I ALREADY KNOW), it's gonna drop that shit major because it senses the archery points are lost for a moment. It makes 0 sense when it is going thru a process of clade reset that should be a bit more advanced than... UNDO ALL CLADES... REDO ALL CLADES... then the fact that they won't help you when it literally deletes primary points from your build is just nuts. It's toxic.
Making fun of Mortal for spaghetti code is a meme at this point. I was just poking fun not being serious haha, 😊

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You won't get anything useful anyhow, my friend is stuck in the same situation.

Ya gotta fight, man. You are a pvper! :O right? RIGHT?!! No, but really... this is unacceptable. The only reason it is acceptable is somehow/someway they are unfamiliar with this bug. If they knew what was actually happening, it would never be like YE working as intended. Even if they don't do anything, I think we deserve a statement, or I'd like to see more people come in, cuz like I said... we got now 3 people who know of this bug. I imagine most people who reset their clade often can run into it. IT'S A BIG DEAL. It's been around since at least +50 human atts, maybe before, but I never had my build rekt and I have done like 10+ respecs.

Boy did I lose my shit when I found out it took my pts tho haha. It's like I don't care what you say there's no way you can rationalize that. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. :eek:

I'm abnormal in that I'll keep arguing a case when I know it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, but I spent a good amount of time arguing with a GM over why it happened and why it can't be fixed. It's trash. I forgot about it, but REMEMBER KIDS, it's gonna pop up again and then you are gonna lose a precious streamer or something :/ :/ after throwing us all to the dogs :eek: THE BELBS.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
this is part of the game ! move on :D

<3 Not to NEW WORLD. Show me a decent indie box and I'll see how I feel. YOU gotta strap your nuts on and get ready to bodybag people in it :eek:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
<3 Not to NEW WORLD. Show me a decent indie box and I'll see how I feel. YOU gotta strap your nuts on and get ready to bodybag people in it :eek:
if you don't like it, go out. here Henrik is the king and god, he filters everyone out in such a way as to create his own virtual paradise:D

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Henrik dun changed. haha. I support tho. I just don't support his support staff dumping us off. There is a certain "deal with it vet" level and I dislike that. I was probably a lot more popular among the community in MO1, even tho I shitposted, but I tended to get GM help a lot more. Still, I'm not gonna GIVE UP.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Henrik dun changed. haha. I support tho. I just don't support his support staff dumping us off. There is a certain "deal with it vet" level and I dislike that. I was probably a lot more popular among the community in MO1, even tho I shitposted, but I tended to get GM help a lot more. Still, I'm not gonna GIVE UP.
"the mice cried, pricked, but continued to eat the cactus":ROFLMAO:

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
There is an old Swedish fairy tale. One day the mice got tired of hiding from the cat and they came to the wise owl for advice. The owl thought about it and said: "You need to become hedgehogs. Then the cat will not be able to eat you, because you will have needles."

The mice were delighted, but wondered how to become hedgehogs?

And then the owl came to their aid: "And you eat the cactus. He is prickly and you will eventually become prickly," said the Owl.

The mice were delighted, found a cactus and began to eat it. The mice cried, pricked, but continued to eat the cactus...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There is an old Swedish fairy tale. One day the mice got tired of hiding from the cat and they came to the wise owl for advice. The owl thought about it and said: "You need to become hedgehogs. Then the cat will not be able to eat you, because you will have needles."

The mice were delighted, but wondered how to become hedgehogs?

And then the owl came to their aid: "And you eat the cactus. He is prickly and you will eventually become prickly," said the Owl.

The mice were delighted, found a cactus and began to eat it. The mice cried, pricked, but continued to eat the cactus...

That you Mats? :)