Clade Gifts

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
In MO1 they introduced a re-roll token that you could buy which allowed you to change your race without deleting your character and starting over (you kept your name and reputation.)

I think it was a good change because sometimes they make changes in game that make a certain build no longer viable and it is good not to have to lose skills/progress/titles because of it. Just being able to try different builds is good, as well. I think it will be an even more popular option when everyone has 1 character per account.

oh i missed that, when was that ? o.0
that does sound good though, good to know !

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
I wonder how much of a gap clade gifts will make between the professions of a character from race to race. In MO1 professions had a clear meta for what race and stats you wanted. Do people think the gap will increase or decrease with clade gifts?

I know theirs not much to go on right now without proper character customisation, but what theory's can we gather by looking at what we have and would it be a good or bad thing?

Reactions: Vagrant

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
I'm curious about the mention under Alvarin "Unique" abilities: Bow Str (Reduction?) <- is this to suggest a reduction in Bow Str is a unique ability ?
Alvarin being typically pretty weak I wondered if it's more likely there was a stregth bonus just if using a bow ?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm curious about the mention under Alvarin "Unique" abilities: Bow Str (Reduction?) <- is this to suggest a reduction in Bow Str is a unique ability ?
Alvarin being typically pretty weak I wondered if it's more likely there was a stregth bonus just if using a bow ?
I put everything below "unique ability" that is not a simple skill/stat increase.
But I think that it will be a passive buff that reduces the Str requirement of bows.
Actually all clade gifts are passive.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It'll probably be what lets alvarin actually use longbows. Longbows cap out at around 95 str(the ones that actually work), meanwhile sheevra is the strongest of the alvarin and cap out at around 85-86 str if i remember correctly.

So if the stat caps are close to mo1, then without the clade gift you'd be relegated to composite shortbows (or reaaaally crappy self-longbows).
Most half decent asymmetrical bows will be out of reach though.

Why does this matter?
Foot archery and mounted archery. Shortbow has always had sort of the best DPS, and when not that the best sustainable dps. Very good when on foot and running around, ok on horseback putting out damage on PVE, enemy horses and to some extent, people.

The bows in general really shine on horseback due to mobility and the "extra health".

If you are doing footfighting however, you need a longbow. The stam drain of a good one is not bad, the damage is a good upgrade and it does have a quite potent dps. But the main difference here is range as well as the foot archer skills basically only applied to longbow(not sure if still the case).

There are some ridiculous shortbows that start touching alvarin max str but they are sort of not viable as they are slow and the damage is not linear to how much slower they are and they actually eat stam.

I doubt much will change in this aspect from mo1 to mo2.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
It'll probably be what lets alvarin actually use longbows. Longbows cap out at around 95 str(the ones that actually work), meanwhile sheevra is the strongest of the alvarin and cap out at around 85-86 str if i remember correctly.

So if the stat caps are close to mo1, then without the clade gift you'd be relegated to composite shortbows (or reaaaally crappy self-longbows).
Most half decent asymmetrical bows will be out of reach though.

Why does this matter?
Foot archery and mounted archery. Shortbow has always had sort of the best DPS, and when not that the best sustainable dps. Very good when on foot and running around, ok on horseback putting out damage on PVE, enemy horses and to some extent, people.

The bows in general really shine on horseback due to mobility and the "extra health".

If you are doing footfighting however, you need a longbow. The stam drain of a good one is not bad, the damage is a good upgrade and it does have a quite potent dps. But the main difference here is range as well as the foot archer skills basically only applied to longbow(not sure if still the case).

There are some ridiculous shortbows that start touching alvarin max str but they are sort of not viable as they are slow and the damage is not linear to how much slower they are and they actually eat stam.

I doubt much will change in this aspect from mo1 to mo2.

Thanks @Rhias and thanks for all the detail there @bbihah I didn't realise I could do that
even after 8 or 9 years I'm still learning new MO stuff :)
I might stick with my old sheevra guy after all and try this out

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Once there is more details of the clade gift you can finetune the racial mix of your alvarin better so you can hit the strength you need to use the bows you want.

Its looking like you want 85 str, so veela veela sheevra sheevra might hit it. Depending if caps are the same between games or not.
This means you could either be looking like a veela or a sheevra, depends what you like aesthetically.
I'm 95% sure i heard Henrik say subclades are making a return.