Clade Gifts

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Hey,
I checked out the clade gifts of all races. Pretty sure they are not in their final state yet, but it's enough to get a general idea of the different races.

I marked skills that I think are significiant for:
- Crafting
- PVP

Human:
Stats Increase:
Basically buff in all stats, heat resistance & cold resistance
Skill Increase:
Reading, Pilfering, Anatomy, Engineering, Riding, Magic School
"Unique" abilities:
"Remove Debuff", "Magic Defense" (actually it's a "Warcry" that affects allies around them), "Combat Man" (?)

Thursar:
Stats Increase:
All meele stats (str, con, dmg, size)
Skill Increase:
Aggressive Stance, Swords, Endurance, Axe
"Unique" abilities:
"Buff Aura", "Buff Adamant", Adrenaline, Poison Defense, Regeneration, Risar Known, Life Steal

Alvarin:
Stats Increase:
Magic (Int, Psy), Dex, Speed, Crit
Skill Increase:
Swimming, Bow, Vitalism, Stone Shaper, Plant Shaper, Wood Info, Stone Info, Butchery, Alchemy Reagent
"Unique" abilities:
Bow Str (Reduction?), Reduce Magic, Stamina Regen, "Stalker", "Buff Zoom", Night Vision, "Age bonus", "Spell Reagent", Fall damage

Oghmir:
Stats Increase:
Str, Con, Psy, Int, Carry Weight
Skill Increase:
Axes, Hammers, Crafting, Extraction, Refining, Egineering, Siege Weapon, "Stone Info"
"Unique" abilities:
"Stone Skin", "Rock Solid", "Buff Ichor", "Food Reserves", Night Vision, Knock Down, Armor Weight, Potion Bar

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
During the stream it sounded like the clade gifts were being finalized right now. He also stated that they will be tested and balanced, which might mean that we get them before persistent release.

Edit:
I got the feeling that they will synergize with veteran points as well. So a specialization that goes above where you spend your skill- and attribute points.

Last edited:

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
i really hope we manage to balance all these cladegifts out before persistent otherwise we end up rerolling toons after persistent due to clade changes, same goes for cosmetic character creation details

Reactions: PatWins

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
i really hope we manage to balance all these cladegifts out before persistent otherwise we end up rerolling toons after persistent due to clade changes, same goes for cosmetic character creation details
We will end up rerolling a few times I am sure. We had to in MO1 as well through the years. Not a big deal if we keep banks/titles/skills, etc.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
i wonder what "risar known" will do. Risars dont aggro on you?
That is highly unlikely.
Could be giving you the animal lores concerning risars for free, meaning more damage and skinning/butchering(lol).

In the lore, Risars hate thursars more than humans hate thursars.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Actually in my point of view it's already clear which races fit which roles, even through I don't know the exact clade gifts yet.

Human: Allrounder. Not to much specialized on anything.
Thursar: Offensive/DPS fighter.
Alvarin: Speed fighter, crit fighter (dagger), Hybrid, fast mage
Oghmir: heavy armor fighter, slow strong mage

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Both spear and and sword fall under crit fighter as well, in mo1 after the dagger nerf, swords could be given about the same weakspot chance as the daggers while spears were pretty much impossible to get any significant weakspot on.
Alvarin probably makes a pretty decent archer now that the clade gifts look like they'll give them access to the best of the longbows. There is no way they'll be able to use the 100+ str asymm bows though. With the marksman skill the alvarin might be better for foot archer with higher weakspot chance on top of their already high movement speed.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Keep in mind some seem to increase attributes and others attribute caps.
Humans also have lore and skill point bonuses. Some details on the human warcry, basically the only clade gift we have a description for: It gives everyone around you (and I assume you) 5% magic defense and can stack up to 25% with other humans around you using it. The stack only applies to humans, everyone else only gets the 5% once. Racists!
Alvarin also have a mana and swimming bonus.
Oghmir have a lot of cap increases and damage bonus.
Thursar also have Slashing defense, Long Term Stamina and a war cry of their own.

I have them all written down and already added to my character builder I'm working on.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zbuciorn and Kuroi

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
I should assume i wont be making any sheevra sheevra sheevra veelas? Its either one race or the other now?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Crit chance applies to bows as well. In b4 weakspot veela footbow meta.
Only works on headshots with bows AFAIK.

I should assume i wont be making any sheevra sheevra sheevra veelas? Its either one race or the other now?
Subclades are coming back in time for race stats! so no worries! Actually I dont know if they'll be in time for race stats. They are coming though!

Last edited:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
The heritage system is supposed to still be a thing. I mean right now the character creation is extremely simplified, we don't even assign anything aside from a basic template of racial stuff. So I wouldn't go by what we have now.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
some of them seem to work already, like the stat ones. I was able to boost my stats by 1 by unlocking them. need to check nightvision next :D

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
rhias were are you getting this stuff from ?
Ingame, each race has their set of clade gifts, they have a weird placeholder name and it can be deduced from that.

Some are easy to interpret what they'll be, while others are a complete mystery, as you can see in the compilation above.

Keyword in his post is "I think". Its not 100% confirmed, its also not completely finalized. So some of these might be changed or not make it in at all.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Ingame, each race has their set of clade gifts, they have a weird placeholder name and it can be deduced from that.
Each clade, or "species", not race. Race is the sub category which doesn't have their own specific ones.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I kind of hope what they do for the clades is really small differences. For instance, a Kallard can craft a Kallardian axe for 95% the usual resource cost. They can use it for 90% the normal dura loss. Same deal for Tindremenes and Tindremic armor. Balance out so Sidoians and Sarduucans have similar things going on.

Give Sheevra an Ecumental Magic skill bonus instead of bows.

Really small things. Enough to give flavor and a bit of difference but nothing huge.

Reactions: Rorry

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I kind of hope what they do for the clades is really small differences. For instance, a Kallard can craft a Kallardian axe for 95% the usual resource cost. They can use it for 90% the normal dura loss. Same deal for Tindremenes and Tindremic armor. Balance out so Sidoians and Sarduucans have similar things going on.

Give Sheevra an Ecumental Magic skill bonus instead of bows.

Really small things. Enough to give flavor and a bit of difference but nothing huge.
It is probably small things like that, some of the things look like they are more significant, night vision and abilities to be specific. Night vision is said by Henrik to maybe only work in pitch black increasing the range of the artificial boundaries that make you unable to see past a certain point even with adjusting your brightness.

The bow strength requirement reduction in the alvarin tree is probably going to be about two bouts of 5%(10% total) or something close, that would allow sheevras to use some of the better longbows, while veela, who used to be limited to around 80 strength might be able to use at least some variations of long bows. The really high strength asymmetrical bows will most likely be out of their strength range. But this is pure speculation.

Ive already played around with the system and picking both those clade gifts really limits your other picks, so seems like a pretty thought out trade off so far.

Hopefully turns out alright.