Clade Gifts

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Choices have to have an impact and that's why being limited to one character with one clade/race, that you can never change is kind of a problem for everyone who enjoys playing different play styles.

It's like with fast skill progression. If you can just swap them around in a relatively short time, why have skill limits at all?

We also have to look at other things that they said should be in at some point, like rituals or cooking recipes to alter your attributes etc.

I'm still working on my Character Planner application. It currently has all the info on everything that is currently known and in game character wise. Including the clade/race, default attributes, clade gifts for all clades with the info that is shown in game, both skill trees currently without skill descriptions and an empty veteran point page.
I wonder if people would be willing to put some money into a money pool for different tools including that as that is taking a lot of time to work on. :p

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I wonder if people would be willing to put some money into a money pool for different tools including that as that is taking a lot of time to work on. :p
I don't think so. I also created a MO2 map which took hours/days. Did it for the sake of the community & cause I love MO2. Never expected anything in return.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I'm not expecting anything. I'm offering. :p
We did free MO stuff as well. But now there is less of a group effort.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Make a donation button as an option. Except the love and respect thats all you can get for creating stuff for community, you materialist :p

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I just don't have as much time anymore as back in the days. So time is a valuable resource and as we all also know time is money. On top of that I've done enough for the community for free. :p
So I'll have to look into whether it's worth the time and effort to make something for the community or to keep it private which means less resources and maintenance.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I just don't have as much time anymore as back in the days. So time is a valuable resource and as we all also know time is money. On top of that I've done enough for the community for free. :p
So I'll have to look into whether it's worth the time and effort to make something for the community or to keep it private which means less resources and maintenance.
Maybe direct sell? Might make a mint.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Clade Gifts should be 100% pvp or 100% pve, not a mix of both. Because if you mix them, and you need to choose between them, then it will make us feel the need for multiple accounts.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If the crafting bonuses are light enough that say, Ohgmir are a slightly better engineer but you don't really feel compelled to play one to be an engineer at all, then I'm ok with it.

I AM kind of biased though because I'm leaning Alvarin and butchering is one of the most likely crafting professions I'll go after if taming remains in active skills.

I can definitely agree that if you're going to feel notably gimped in a crafting type you really want to play a race that fits your preferred combat style better, that is kind of a problem. My GUESS is what they'll be doing is giving you some free skill points in certain skills above and beyond what your attributes give you though. So as long as we're talking 5-10 points per skill and not like 50... It doesn't sound too broken.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Clade Gifts should be 100% pvp or 100% pve, not a mix of both. Because if you mix them, and you need to choose between them, then it will make us feel the need for multiple accounts.
If you want multiple play styles you will already require multiple accounts, especially if you want to be the best at a specific thing. Clades will have an impact no matter how big and so should all your choices.

It's why I still think, at least 2 Characters per account would be better. So you can diversify more and not just in one Actions vs. one Professions side.
You could want to play two different types of Fighters or two different types of Crafters or simply two different Clades. The whole skill system split up won't help you with that.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Choices have to have an impact and that's why being limited to one character with one clade/race, that you can never change is kind of a problem for everyone who enjoys playing different play styles.

It's like with fast skill progression. If you can just swap them around in a relatively short time, why have skill limits at all?

We also have to look at other things that they said should be in at some point, like rituals or cooking recipes to alter your attributes etc.

I'm still working on my Character Planner application. It currently has all the info on everything that is currently known and in game character wise. Including the clade/race, default attributes, clade gifts for all clades with the info that is shown in game, both skill trees currently without skill descriptions and an empty veteran point page.

some very good points here. and me too I was one that enjoyed multiple accounts; as a (mostly) solo player I pretty much had all characters i needed to be self-reliable, which was invaluable in days of low population.

one character only is good, but can eb a bit of a gamble imo.

one possible fix for me would be to make ALL crafting professions secondary, but add dimishing returns. for instance, we can see now that each level of a skill takes certain amount of XP. the more skills you max the more XP it takes for the next one.

this has 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage:

- it keeps people playing for longer, becuase of maxing one character can take maybe a year or so. you always get people in resource nodes and people are encouraged to build a reputation foir themselves, as they will mostly use one character. Imagine a whole guild able to do the same activity at once (like mining or hunting) witouth the need of funneling all resources into one semi-afk processing bot.

- makes it so that even if population drops low, the current players won't be disrupted too much.

the disadvantage is:

- if people will play one account only, SV revenue will be lower. however hopefully is better for the game to have a lot of different players with one account than few players with multiple.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It looks like we can change clade gifts, so I think you are not stuck with your choice.

Even in MO1 you could change your characters profession pretty quickly if you wanted to. People didn´t do it because they usually prefered to have 8 cookie cutters. I think this time around it should be easier to jump between professions on a basic level.

A cronite weapon crafter will probably not wanna loose point in the advanced primaries, but anything below tungsteel goes up and down pretty fast.

Reactions: Skydancer

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
It looks like we can change clade gifts, so I think you are not stuck with your choice.

Even in MO1 you could change your characters profession pretty quickly if you wanted to. People didn´t do it because they usually prefered to have 8 cookie cutters. I think this time around it should be easier to jump between professions on a basic level.

A cronite weapon crafter will probably not wanna loose point in the advanced primaries, but anything below tungsteel goes up and down pretty fast.

This. I've always thought the retraining over rerolling path to be what MO should have been about. Something that had a little more investment than just hitting the respec button but also carried a little weight. In a characters lifetime and especially in MO2 I don't doubt everyone will feel like changing their profession or combat style many times; due to updates or just to try parts of the game, and the single character system should let them do this without a significant impact. Re-learning something should also increase re-training speed over learning something for the first time on a character.

In MO1, character attributes were pretty to re-train in a week or so of regular playing and doing the same for your skills should have a similar cost of time and effort - beats rerolling anytime you get tired of heavy foot and feel like throwing some fireballs for a while but is also more impactful than flipping a switch. I think it really all comes down to the composition of primary v secondary skills. What is the material cost of re-training primary skills (especially the crafting ones as they tend to cost a lot to train)

We don't even know how clade gift points are earned yet or even if its something to earn by some action. We have the reset button for now but maybe it'll work more like skills later where you can minus them but then have to re-earn them somehow. I hope theres some weight do the decision to redistribute gifts as well

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
MO should have longer term progression so you can't just willy-nilly reroll or change your skills around.
Choices have to be actual meaning else you may as well just leave them out.

We'll have to see what it actually entails to reset your Clade gifts or if that option may even just be in for testing right now.

I still want to see those rituals and other ways to invest time and resources to actually change your setup around in a way that may even get rid of the boundaries of clade presets.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
If you want multiple play styles you will already require multiple accounts, especially if you want to be the best at a specific thing. Clades will have an impact no matter how big and so should all your choices.

It's why I still think, at least 2 Characters per account would be better. So you can diversify more and not just in one Actions vs. one Professions side.
You could want to play two different types of Fighters or two different types of Crafters or simply two different Clades. The whole skill system split up won't help you with that.
well I dont think they have any plans for multiple chars so I'm offering my suggestions what could make a 1 char system work. I think it's fine if you want to re arange your points/clades as you switch professions or fighting style. What I'm not OK with is if you have a crafting clade chosen, you are sacrificing a pvp clade. This is absolutely not helping to move us in a 1 char direction.

Reactions: Grasthard

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Hey,
I checked out the clade gifts of all races. Pretty sure they are not in their final state yet, but it's enough to get a general idea of the different races.

I marked skills that I think are significiant for:
- Crafting
- PVP

Human:
Stats Increase:
Basically buff in all stats, heat resistance & cold resistance
Skill Increase:
Reading, Pilfering, Anatomy, Engineering, Riding, Magic School
"Unique" abilities:
"Remove Debuff", "Magic Defense" (actually it's a "Warcry" that affects allies around them), "Combat Man" (?)

Thursar:
Stats Increase:
All meele stats (str, con, dmg, size)
Skill Increase:
Aggressive Stance, Swords, Endurance, Axe
"Unique" abilities:
"Buff Aura", "Buff Adamant", Adrenaline, Poison Defense, Regeneration, Risar Known, Life Steal

Alvarin:
Stats Increase:
Magic (Int, Psy), Dex, Speed, Crit
Skill Increase:
Swimming, Bow, Vitalism, Stone Shaper, Plant Shaper, Wood Info, Stone Info, Butchery, Alchemy Reagent
"Unique" abilities:
Bow Str (Reduction?), Reduce Magic, Stamina Regen, "Stalker", "Buff Zoom", Night Vision, "Age bonus", "Spell Reagent", Fall damage

Oghmir:
Stats Increase:
Str, Con, Psy, Int, Carry Weight
Skill Increase:
Axes, Hammers, Crafting, Extraction, Refining, Egineering, Siege Weapon, "Stone Info"
"Unique" abilities:
"Stone Skin", "Rock Solid", "Buff Ichor", "Food Reserves", Night Vision, Knock Down, Armor Weight, Potion Bar
is there a complete list?

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
We will end up rerolling a few times I am sure. We had to in MO1 as well through the years. Not a big deal if we keep banks/titles/skills, etc.

I wonder how that might work though ? I have a feeling it's meant to be a big deal this time.

It's safe to assume once you've set your characters clade, name and age that's it, short of deleting and starting again with bank & benefits gone.

From what I've seen Henrik say in Discord there's clearly no intention of more than one character slot in MO2, end of, which in itself is intended to encourage long term investment in priorities and benefit from reputation/sophistication etc without rerolling, it brings a touch more reality with a single character as there's more risk with potentially more reward for those that get their priorities right.

TLDR; 'I dunno what i wanna be when i grow up'

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I wonder how that might work though ? I have a feeling it's meant to be a big deal this time.

It's safe to assume once you've set your characters clade, name and age that's it, short of deleting and starting again with bank & benefits gone.

From what I've seen Henrik say in Discord there's clearly no intention of more than one character slot in MO2, end of, which in itself is intended to encourage long term investment in priorities and benefit from reputation/sophistication etc without rerolling, it brings a touch more reality with a single character as there's more risk with potentially more reward for those that get their priorities right.
In MO1 they introduced a re-roll token that you could buy which allowed you to change your race without deleting your character and starting over (you kept your name and reputation.)

I think it was a good change because sometimes they make changes in game that make a certain build no longer viable and it is good not to have to lose skills/progress/titles because of it. Just being able to try different builds is good, as well. I think it will be an even more popular option when everyone has 1 character per account.

Reactions: Vagrant