Citizenship

Rulant

May 30, 2020
So the idea would be allow/require (for use of home priest) players to choose to be citizens of a certain town, while in this town they are immune to rep loss from citizens of other towns/empires (however it would be best, give opinions).

I think this would go a long way to helping/tweaking the current standing system and also help further foster town by town community while still encouraging roaming to other towns to pvp. Also give players ability to change town they are citizens of once a week or something so it isn't abuseable.

Idk this is just something I though about that would be interesting, obv a lot of details I might not be thinking of but hopefully the idea im trying to get across is good.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I don't think I'm understanding this. So I'm a citizen of Toxai and I can't lose rep if a citizen of Tindrem kills me?

Rulant

May 30, 2020
so player can lose rep if a member of their town reports them and the rep still works how it does now to where you cant go into cities if its negative

could do it with empires too where if a khurite town livin guy gets killed by tindremene livin one then if the khurite gets ganked even if they res at a tindremene priest they wouldnt lose rep but theyd still get mc like normal, if they did home priest and revived there the killer would get negative khurite rep though. does that better explain it?

would give more reason for the split rep system

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Good idea. Something to make the rep system more meaningful.
Maybe if guilds were forced to commit to a faction

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Ok that makes sense and I had to look at the player guide @MomoWang wrote to even understand what reputation was for. I think the most impactful reason to be a citizen of one faction over the others is to have home priest functionality.

Although I think rep loss should only happen while in towns or in the presence of guards. You shouldn't be in Minotaur dungeon and slaughter another group trying to escape with all the loot and it turns out that group were all citizens of Fabernum and now you can't enter Fabernum because they reported it all.

Reactions: Tzone and MomoWang

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ok that makes sense and I had to look at the player guide @MomoWang wrote to even understand what reputation was for. I think the most impactful reason to be a citizen of one faction over the others is to have home priest functionality.

Although I think rep loss should only happen while in towns or in the presence of guards. You shouldn't be in Minotaur dungeon and slaughter another group trying to escape with all the loot and it turns out that group were all citizens of Fabernum and now you can't enter Fabernum because they reported it all.
Why doesnt the empire magically know Ive done something bad? Henrik thinks they shouldnt magically know that you killed a risar but that you magically killed someone.