"Broken" upper and lower block

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Why can't I see messages that the block in the game is "broken"? The block does not work in dynamics the first time (when the character moves and tries to block). The block above and the block below does not work. It only works on the third try. I'm talking about the case when I try to block using the movement of the mouse, if the block on top and the block on the bottom are used through hot keys, then it works correctly.

I and all the players who play with me complain that they cannot block the blows from above and below. The block is not placed the first time. We're talking dynamic combat and when there is stamina for that.

It's all about setting up the diagonal movements. They (SV) need to reduce the triggering of the block to the left or right when the camera moves 45 degrees up or lower.

we are talking about click and drag, not hotkeys and drag and click. read carefully the first post

@Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry and Magos

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Why can't I see messages that the block in the game is broken? The block does not work in dynamics the first time (when the character moves and tries to block). The block above and the block below does not work. It only works on the third try. I'm talking about the case when I try to block using the movement of the mouse, if the block on top and the block on the bottom are used through hot keys, then it works correctly.

I and all the players who play with me complain that they cannot block the blows from above and below. The block is not placed the first time. We're talking dynamic combat and when there is stamina for that.

@Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson
I've been saying that drag then click is broken for a long time.

Its because most people use ALT to block middle and their overhead key to block high.

but you are correct it is absolutely without question broken.

Reactions: Magos and Svaar

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I've been saying that drag then click is broken for a long time.

Its because most people use ALT to block middle and their overhead key to block high.

but you are correct it is absolutely without question broken.
they need to set up diagonal upward movements; if they cannot adjust these upward diagonal movement of the camera, must be given the opportunity to install the block on the keyboard keys without pressing the right mouse button. For example: Q - upper block, E - lower block.

Last edited:

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It's not broken.

If you have your directional sensitivity set to 100% The "Drag + Click" mouse directional system will change the active direction based on the last one pixel accurate direction you moved the mouse in prior to clicking the right mouse button.

So for instance if you move the mouse one pixel to the left, then click the button you will block left.

If you drag your mouse up at an angle to the left and click the button while dragging it, what you are effectively doing is dragging your mouse up, then left, then up, then left, then up, then left and so on. So if you happen to click your mouse button when you had just moved left, it will block left.

I think lowering your mouse directional sensitivity will ease up the threshold required to change directions, but then you have to move more pixels before it will change so it's up to you.

The other solution here is finer mouse control and lower sensitivity / DPI.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Svaar and Teknique

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
yes you really must train upper and down blocks because you need to stop the side drag before you click and swipe up. i make often the same mistakes as a mouse block player and realized that i improved very much when im focused because it happens when im lazy. you dont take the effort to stop the side movement so you just click diagonal. when your mouse is not centered you need different finger skills train that. the angle should be tuned but its not broken.

Reactions: Ministro and Rhias

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It's not broken.

If you have your directional sensitivity set to 100% The "Drag + Click" mouse directional system will change the active direction based on the last one pixel accurate direction you moved the mouse in prior to clicking the right mouse button.

So for instance if you move the mouse one pixel to the left, then click the button you will block left.

If you drag your mouse up at an angle to the left and click the button while dragging it, what you are effectively doing is dragging your mouse up, then left, then up, then left, then up, then left and so on. So if you happen to click your mouse button when you had just moved left, it will block left.

I think lowering your mouse directional sensitivity will ease up the threshold required to change directions, but then you have to move more pixels before it will change so it's up to you.

So if you're not playing with a ruler attached to your mouse it can't be accurate.

Sounds amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: Svaar and Steinerr

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It's not broken.

Sorry but this is bullshit, you're just parroting the same "pixel perfect" excuse Henrik or Seb says, Ive heard that one before. Just play M&B which has default drag click mouse blocking and compare it with MO2. In this game its pretty much unplayable, while in M&B you almost can never mis block. Its very obvious its not working correctly.

Ive had to resort to using click drag which is not bad at all with 100% sens, but its still a tiny bit slower than drag click. At least you get the correct blocking direction most of the time tho

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Sorry but this is bullshit, you're just parroting the same "pixel perfect" excuse Henrik or Seb says, Ive heard that one before. Just play M&B which has default drag click mouse blocking and compare it with MO2. In this game its pretty much unplayable, while in M&B you almost can never mis block. Its very obvious its not working correctly.

Ive had to resort to using click drag which is not bad at all with 100% sens, but its still a tiny bit slower than drag click. At least you get the correct blocking direction most of the time tho
Mount and blade and gloria victis work perfect, but its impossible in MO.

I use click drag as well, but because it just so happens to actually work. I don't actually like the basic system behind click drag

Last edited:

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
It's not broken.

friend, my mouse sensitivity is set to the minimum value, it's not about mouse sensitivity at all :)

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
yes you really must train upper and down blocks because you need to stop the side drag before you click and swipe up. i make often the same mistakes as a mouse block player and realized that i improved very much when im focused because it happens when im lazy. you dont take the effort to stop the side movement so you just click diagonal. when your mouse is not centered you need different finger skills train that. the angle should be tuned but its not broken.
what the hell are you talking about. I do not stand still during a mass battle, but move and rotate my head in different directions, and if I make diagonal upward movements, then the block should be top and not lateral, this is logic. the player cannot stop turning the character and make a steady movement of the camera up. you are talking some nonsense.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
what the hell are you talking about. I do not stand still during a mass battle, but move and rotate my head in different directions, and if I make diagonal upward movements, then the block should be top and not lateral, this is logic. the player cannot stop turning the character and make a steady movement of the camera up. you are talking some nonsense.
do you even understand my comment? i wrote: the angle should be tuned but its not broken.
this is the fix to your problem. right now diagonal movement counts too much as side movement.

Reactions: Ministro

Valoran

May 28, 2020

Except it's not bullshit, that's literally how it works.

You can say you don't like how it works, but what you can't say is that it's broken as it's fully working as intended. We actually asked for it to work this way early on in the alpha.

You can try lowering your directional sensitivity like I said, which will prevent the direction changing with every pixel but then as a by product you have to move more pixels.

I personally hardly ever miss my parries with 100% directional sensitivity, but I play on a pretty low sensitivity of 800 DPI and 20% in game sensitivity.

I can agree that it would be neat however to add a new system and potentially have it be "smarter" in that it can detect what direction you're "trying" to move the mouse in and choose that based on a series of angles over time.

For now though, i'm fine with this one.

Reactions: Bernfred

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
do you even understand my comment? i wrote: the angle should be tuned but its not broken.
this is the fix to your problem. right now diagonal movement counts too much as side movement.
for those in the tank. I put the word "broken" in quotes. and wrote in the first post that devs to need to set up diagonal movements.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
the player cannot stop turning the character and make a steady movement of the camera up.
this is exactly how it works right now. you stop the side movement and can not turn for a split second and it messes your mouse centering up. this is the reason why alot of people block with an extra key.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Except it's not bullshit, that's literally how it works.

You can say you don't like how it works, but what you can't say is that it's broken as it's fully working as intended. We actually asked for it to work this way early on in the alpha.

You can try lowering your directional sensitivity like I said, which will prevent the direction changing with every pixel but then as a by product you have to move more pixels.

I personally hardly ever miss my parries with 100% directional sensitivity, but I play on a pretty low sensitivity of 800 DPI and 20% in game sensitivity.

I can agree that it would be neat however to add a new system and potentially have it be "smarter" in that it can detect what direction you're "trying" to move the mouse in and choose that based on a series of angles over time.

For now though, i'm fine with this one.
Above I wrote that it's not about the sensitivity of the mouse.

zQOEVnL.png

QxhkFkL.png

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
100% works best for me for side drags and following up blocks. i personaly dont like low click drag sens for 2 reasons.
1. you block later
2. im less consistent if there is room for faults after the keypress, on 100% its a good balance between click then drag and vice versa.

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Im totally agree with you Svaar, they must set diagonal parry. Its not about skill or sensibility. Its about a non full set mecanic. in mordhau, chivalry etc there are no problem, here they just dont set up the diagonal, only the 4 primary direction work.....

Reactions: Svaar