"Broken" upper and lower block

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Except it's not bullshit, that's literally how it works.

You can say you don't like how it works, but what you can't say is that it's broken as it's fully working as intended. We actually asked for it to work this way early on in the alpha.

You can try lowering your directional sensitivity like I said, which will prevent the direction changing with every pixel but then as a by product you have to move more pixels.

I personally hardly ever miss my parries with 100% directional sensitivity, but I play on a pretty low sensitivity of 800 DPI and 20% in game sensitivity.

I can agree that it would be neat however to add a new system and potentially have it be "smarter" in that it can detect what direction you're "trying" to move the mouse in and choose that based on a series of angles over time.

For now though, i'm fine with this one.
It doesn’t function within acceptable parameters= broken.

Brevity is the soul of wit. You can argue that they intended to have it block the wrong direction but that is silly.

Last edited:

Papanchos

Dec 12, 2020
Здравствуйте. Обращаю внимание разработчиков на эту проблему с блоком. Во время игры, особенно во время боя.

Reactions: Svaar

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Except it's not bullshit, that's literally how it works.

You can say you don't like how it works, but what you can't say is that it's broken as it's fully working as intended. We actually asked for it to work this way early on in the alpha.

You can try lowering your directional sensitivity like I said, which will prevent the direction changing with every pixel but then as a by product you have to move more pixels.

I personally hardly ever miss my parries with 100% directional sensitivity, but I play on a pretty low sensitivity of 800 DPI and 20% in game sensitivity.

I can agree that it would be neat however to add a new system and potentially have it be "smarter" in that it can detect what direction you're "trying" to move the mouse in and choose that based on a series of angles over time.

For now though, i'm fine with this one.
Theres already a 10 year old game (M&B Warband) with a much more responsive and reliable drag click mouse blocking system. Why can't they just copy that? I doubt they are using any kind of "smart" system or w/e, why is it so hard for SV to develop a responsive blocking system like that and instead we have this broken unreliable mess?

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
It's not broken.

If you have your directional sensitivity set to 100% The "Drag + Click" mouse directional system will change the active direction based on the last one pixel accurate direction you moved the mouse in prior to clicking the right mouse button.

So for instance if you move the mouse one pixel to the left, then click the button you will block left.

If you drag your mouse up at an angle to the left and click the button while dragging it, what you are effectively doing is dragging your mouse up, then left, then up, then left, then up, then left and so on. So if you happen to click your mouse button when you had just moved left, it will block left.

I think lowering your mouse directional sensitivity will ease up the threshold required to change directions, but then you have to move more pixels before it will change so it's up to you.

The other solution here is finer mouse control and lower sensitivity / DPI.
it is broken try playing warband or bannerlord or Last Oasis

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
not sure if it's broken or just its settings, but drag and click feels very unresponsive in general. click and drag is better imo, and movement keys is the best, after remapping V and Alt to extra mouse buttons

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
not sure if it's broken or just its settings, but drag and click feels very unresponsive in general. click and drag is better imo, and movement keys is the best, after remapping V and Alt to extra mouse buttons
we are talking about click and drag, not hotkeys and drag and click. read carefully the first post

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It doesn’t function within acceptable parameters= broken.

Brevity is the soul of wit. You can argue that they intended to have it block the wrong direction but that is silly.
It functions perfectly for me.

The only way you can mess up with this current system is to have bad control of your mouse, or not know how it works.

I'm not saying that it's currently perfect, but to say it's broken is simply incorrect, as it is functioning as intended.

Brevity is indeed important, however when explaining something in sufficient detail so as to not be misunderstood, it is not.

I didn't know until now that this thread was about click drag and not drag click, so what I said only applies to drag click.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Can anyone tell me what setting measures exactly 3 pixels? I'm guessing that if you only measure 3 pixels it'll be quick, and never be a "tie" (two up/two left) and you'll def get an "answer" as to whether it should be up, or left. I'm embarrassed to say it, but I'm a bit confused by "Direction Sensitivity" and "Click Drag Sensitivity". Thanks in advance, I'd love to test this asap; I'm having this blocking direction problem too.