Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.93 Discussion

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
100+ with spells on a fighter... it's amazing the things people are say in the absence of data. I won't be finished fully mapping the new "int curve" until tomorrow but...

View attachment 1791

If your spell damage increased on a "fighter" you moved over 40 points of psyche over or lost physical stats to do so. Any hybrid hitting that hard should melt in the face of either a full mage or full fighter depending on what stats they moved their points from. Hybrids did NOT get buffed. They got nerfed. Hard.

LOVE

Reactions: Moored

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
100+ with spells on a fighter... it's amazing the things people are say in the absence of data. I won't be finished fully mapping the new "int curve" until tomorrow but...

View attachment 1791

If your spell damage increased on a "fighter" you moved over 40 points of psyche over or lost physical stats to do so. Any hybrid hitting that hard should melt in the face of either a full mage or full fighter depending on what stats they moved their points from. Hybrids did NOT get buffed. They got nerfed. Hard.

Thanks for doing this, I've been holding my tongue on my opinions till I saw something like this.

I would have personally liked to see that red line intersect the blue line when int hit 70. This way 50 int wouldn't be as strong as it was before, but 70 int feels much more obtainable for hybrid builds than 90-100 int (unless human).

Having 70 be the new 50 also would mean that full mages (people investing 80+ int) would see a power increase as well. The slope of the line between 100-140 would just be more shallow, but at least full mages would see some power increase. For now the only thing that changed is full mages are the same, and hybrids got a hard nerf.

I would have preferred to see hybrids get a slight nerf and mages get a slight buff.

Reactions: Vergil and strycio

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021

View attachment 1791

Yes. Do you want someone who only invested 50 int to have the same damage as someone who invested 100 or do you consider that unfair?

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Vergil

May 1, 2021
I would have preferred to see hybrids get a slight nerf and mages get a slight buff.
Same, but I'd rather see some major buffs for Alvarin / dex mages first. It feels like in the weird / gimped spot.

At least, thats what I've been experiencing thus far. (From 110 Int testing)

Atr3au

Sep 22, 2020
AFAIK No one asked for the values of healing etc. to be adjusted within the new int scaling. All we wanted was from 50 -100 to be / instead of __. As there should be MORE build diversity instead of less.

This also brings up another point where I don't think SV really wants diversity - You can be age 18-80 but most ages aren't viable. You CAN be an 80 yo Footie but you really shouldn't. Same with crafting, "millions" of combinations but really only a few useful ones.

You are given more opportunity for subpar results in the fallacy that you have freedom of many viable options. In reality, you really don't.

Just give us the cookie cutter Warrior - Archer - Mage and be done with it.

Reactions: Bicorps

Opux

Apr 2, 2021
Maybe playing a pure mage if you want pure mage numbers.
I would love to play pure mage, but I refuse to make my character obese. This leaves me with hybrid and dex mage. Neither are viable after the changes. Hybrid spells do nothing and dex mages need to allocate more points to int, which means less stamina. No stamina means the dex is completely pointless.

Removing bonus stamina from strength would go a long way to fix this, but removing bonus stats from being obese would be great. Being obese should be a penalty, just like skeletal is a penalty. Imagine if warriors had to make their characters anorexic to maximize strength, the salt levels would be enormous.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
I would love to play pure mage, but I refuse to make my character obese. This leaves me with hybrid and dex mage. Neither are viable after the changes. Hybrid spells do nothing and dex mages need to allocate more points to int, which means less stamina. No stamina means the dex is completely pointless.

Removing bonus stamina from strength would go a long way to fix this, but removing bonus stats from being obese would be great. Being obese should be a penalty, just like skeletal is a penalty. Imagine if warriors had to make their characters anorexic to maximize strength, the salt levels would be enormous.

You don´t need to be obese or bulging to be a successful mage.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021

i dont like the bodyweight system either in its extreme form right now, why do u need to be a fat fuck to min max as mage? Because of balancing? This should be achievable with the distribution of skillpoints. Just increase caps and let the number of ap stay the same and adjust the scaling.

Reactions: Opux and Vergil

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
i dont like the bodyweight system either in its extreme form right now, why do u need to be a fat fuck to min max as mage? Because of balancing? This should be achievable with the distribution of skillpoints. Just increase caps and let the number of ap stay the same and adjust the scaling.
That would be awesome break more builds like bulging sheevra and what not. May as well piss EVERYONE off instead of just most.

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
AFAIK No one asked for the values of healing etc. to be adjusted within the new int scaling. All we wanted was from 50 -100 to be / instead of __. As there should be MORE build diversity instead of less.

This also brings up another point where I don't think SV really wants diversity - You can be age 18-80 but most ages aren't viable. You CAN be an 80 yo Footie but you really shouldn't. Same with crafting, "millions" of combinations but really only a few useful ones.

You are given more opportunity for subpar results in the fallacy that you have freedom of many viable options. In reality, you really don't.

Just give us the cookie cutter Warrior - Archer - Mage and be done with it.
There will always be a meta. There are far more viable options in MO2 then MO1 ever had. You must draw a line somewhere. Unlike MO1 SV seems to have taken the approach of making each clade play a distinctive role in and out of combat.

Thurs are the aggressive warriors with little other benefits outside of PVP.
Oghs are the heavy defensive warriors with other benefits.
Alvs are skirmishers built more around environmental advantages.
Humans are the most balanced, able to be anything but masters of nothing.

Within each of these clades and overall, you can chop and change a few things around to tailor your build to your style. This is already a much better and improved version of MO1

If you want a speedy hybrid with environmental advantages, you pick Alv, if you want more magic, hp/str style you go human. The more I look at this it feels like the main issue here is people who play Alv clade are annoyed that they are being defined as skirmishers and not being able to maintain a magic level close to humans. You can just pop everything into int, lower your height and its not that hard to get over 70int which by the looks of it still makes you a viable hybrid, you are not just as magic based and must use your environmental and speed advantages.

I am going to reroll to a Veela hybrid soon so I can get a feel for this clade so maybe ill change my opinion, but if what I’m saying is off the mark id like to know why?

Reactions: Olympeus

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
That would be awesome break more builds like bulging sheevra and what not. May as well piss EVERYONE off instead of just most.

i said in its extreme form, for some fine tuning it would be ok. but at the end it is just MY opinion. I dont like the idea that fatness contributes to int and psy for personal reasons.

Reactions: Vergil

Vergil

May 1, 2021
The more I look at this it feels like the main issue here is people who play Alv clade are annoyed that they are being defined as skirmishers and not being able to maintain a magic level close to humans.
The problem here is that pretty much everyone else is as fast as Alv, because of how much stamina is available.
Alv has better speed, but worse stamina total overall.

And this is a problem, because you can't just dodge everywhere, and there isn't much of an environment in some places.
Flat piece of ground == death. Someone gets close == death.

You are wrong, but I guess you didn´t experiment long enough. You dont need to min max to be good or viable, you don´t need to max int to be a good mage and you don´t need to max str to be a good warrior.
While this is true, you can also be a better version of a mage. So what's the point of gimping yourself at all?
There's no point in having 434 speed, while you can have +30/40 hp with the same 430 speed and higher dmg output with the same race, size and age just by going fat and speccing out from dex a bit.

Though, I think real issue comes with Dex being worst stat in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelzyr

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
And this is a problem, because you can't just dodge everywhere, and there isn't much of an environment in some places.
Flat piece of ground == death. Someone gets close == death.
I will admit this is something I need to actually try before I can give a full opinion so prepare a big bag of salt for my following statments.

I played around with a guild mate who was a veela, he went lean so we're talking around 444 speed or something around there. I am planning on making a fit veela so more like 440 speed. I ran a much greater distance then him ofc (as a thursar) but I did notice he pulled away from my hitting range in a few moments. You can't juke people anymore because of changes to both speed and latency in regard to prediction but with a well-timed break and a bit of zig and zag by the look of his speed it isn't hard to imagine getting enough of a head start to allow your speed to boost you out of danger. I can already do this with my 426 speed fit Thur against all but a Alv so I think as a Alv this should only be easiler.

As far as a stam goes I would like to test how that standing still stam clade gift works. Thursars have insane stam due to their clade buff, I mean to be honest unless you’re talking Thursars the stam difference of other clades isn’t massive when you consider comparative speeds. So when considering Thursars I’d be interested to see what the actually distance difference is when stopping and stamming up until a thursar has closed the gap and then continue to run until eventually you would be within hitting range. If the acceleration and speed of a Alv with stops to regen stam is equal or just under a Thur total distance to catch them again before stam out I wouldn’t be mad because that is only relative in long ass chases in either 1v1 or routing. If its 1v1 you just play defenseive and make them stam out more and keep running which isn't hard. If its a group you're probably dead anyways, and chances are somebody has the same build you do in that group.

What speed and acceleration vs long distance stam means is that Alv’s would have better ability to chase and break from intermediate and direct combat but wouldn’t have an outright advantage over distance. Thur’s would have a greater presence within the fights due to their large stam pools meaning they can swing and fight for longer but would not be able to simply outrun Alv’s in the short term.

I’ll have to test the stam to distance thing between the two but if its close I don’t see anything wrong with Alvs the way they’re.

personally I like that the game is less extreme in this way, speed is a tricky one because if you make it too good we go back to MO1 where speed was king. I don't want to see that. If you want to simply be the fastest there is and nobody can catch you, you should have to sacrifice a fair bit to do it, and right now that is how it is. (assuming the stam difference isn't insane)

Last edited:

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
let me spell it out for you since for some reason people dont realize how this works.

most, if not all fighters that focus purely on fighting lack psyche. they lack psyche because they lack enough attributes to fill in psyche enough, and the points rather go into strength, dex, and constitution. this is so they hit harder, have more stamina, run faster, and have more hp. makes sense right?

ok, with int being linear now it now has made paladins and hybrids effectively worse which was already a point strained role. so for starters it has now nerfed 2 playstyles. but in the process it has made an already strong playstyle, a fat mage, much stronger due to how magic is effected from player to player because of psyche. people are hitting 100+ with spells now on fighters. the average hp of a player is anywhere from 180 to 210, this does not include outliers such as fatmages themselves with 240 hp.

so now a fatmage can quite literally 2 shot players, this is a single PERSON who can do this. imagine 2-3 fat mages in a group. with increased hitbox size, the ability to self heal (cause fatmages are typically oghmir and have pipes), concentration making it near impossible to be interrupted.. do i need to continue?

Any guild which lets 4+ fat mages stay still nuking them deserve to die.

Btw, game has to be played before making up stuff, nobody is hitting 100+ with spells after patch LMAO.

Vergil

May 1, 2021
What speed and acceleration vs long distance stam means is that Alv’s would have better ability to chase and break from intermediate and direct combat but wouldn’t have an outright advantage over distance.
Sounds good, doesn't work unfortunately. (At least for Shevra / Shevra)
If someone sticks to you - there's little can be done to be honest in the plain field.
Even if you break out, you do have 100+ less stamina than average human, meaning you will not get away on the straight or zigzag line ever.

Difference in speed is neglegable in this case, and I don't think 6 extra speed will do it. I should try out Veela / Veela first to make assumptions though.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Sounds good, doesn't work unfortunately. (At least for Shevra / Shevra)
If someone sticks to you - there's little can be done to be honest in the plain field.
Even if you break out, you do have 100+ less stamina than average human, meaning you will not get away on the straight or zigzag line ever.

Difference in speed is neglegable in this case, and I don't think 6 extra speed will do it. I should try out Veela / Veela first to make assumptions though.
Kallar full size has ~380 Stam. Veela max size got ~350 Stam. So that's 30 stam difference, and not 100.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Face it dex mages are a full on meme because of multiple changes. There is so much wrong with them i feel no reason to play it..