Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.93 Discussion

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
It's going to be interesting to see how players will re-allocate their points for compensating the new int-curve. My guess is they are going to take it from Pysche, and then we are back to square one in mana regen discussion that was had a couple of years ago.

Reactions: LivingshadeNL

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
It just makes you really think what kind of trash balancing SV has in mind to do changes like this. I honestly dont even know what the whole point of changing the INT scaling was, if it was to make the lower tier int levels better then obviously they just fucked it up and it will prolly get fixed. But if this is the intended balancing they were planning on, then honestly thats a fucking joke lmao.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
It just makes you really think what kind of trash balancing SV has in mind to do changes like this. I honestly dont even know what the whole point of changing the INT scaling was, if it was to make the lower tier int levels better then obviously they just fucked it up and it will prolly get fixed. But if this is the intended balancing they were planning on, then honestly thats a fucking joke lmao.
I don't think they thought it through. They just put 10 int = 0% and 136 int = 100% and said gg from there. Sure, it's linear as the patchnotes clearly says but it's borderline retarded balancing.

Reactions: Eldrath

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I don't think they thought it through. They just put 10 int = 0% and 136 int = 100% and said gg from there. Sure, it's linear as the patchnotes clearly says but it's borderline retarded balancing.

Lmao, "borderline retarded balancing" sums up MO1 pretty well, and sadly the outlook for MO2 is looking similar.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Whats wrong with linear scaling? What am I missing? This seems to be what people wanted? Seems much better than what they had before, albeit what they had before was much easier on hybrids....are you perchance a hybrid?

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Whats wrong with linear scaling? What am I missing? This seems to be what people wanted? Seems much better than what they had before, albeit what they had before was much easier on hybrids....are you perchance a hybrid?
if you want to fuck over hybrids then yes its a great patch. it fucks over dex-mages aswell though. with this new scaling you will need to have around 100 int to any considerable healing/damage. these points need to come from somewhere, so you either need to get less stamina, less speed, or less mana/mana regen, or keep your low int and do no heal/dmg. or spread out your points and do shit performance overall.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
To be honest, we are all biased about int curve because we were used to old system for 10 years. Maybe it's not that bad after all.
Its not bad if your a fat mage or warrior. The variety of hybrid/paladin builds now is gonna be reduced to tind/sard humans only.

SOAKED

Apr 7, 2021
Yeah wtf, if parrying wasnt braindead easy enough
yep, the combat right now is honestly really boring, it favors a defensive playstyle way too much.

There is basically no advantage to playing aggressive when you can just stand there and 360degree parry everything.

Right now the best player is the one who never attacks, only blocks. feels really bad they need to work on this.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I think people are slightly disappointed. I am too ...

What I see time and time again is that people get acclimated to just outright broken systems (unlimited horse weight, no int scaling, broken flagging, not requiring self-cast key) and learn to play the game around that, and then when it's fixed (which is just the beginning of balancing), they cry that that game is DOA or SV doesn't know how to balance etc. We are here to test. When you design your playstyle around something broken and then get upset when that bug is fixed and it isn't perfect, you're not testing, you're min-maxxing against a broken system.

Chill out, test the "fixed" thing and give feedback once you've tested it and played with it thoroughly. All this knee-jerk forum warrior BS doesn't help anyone.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
What I see time and time again is that people get acclimated to just outright broken systems (unlimited horse weight, no int scaling, broken flagging, not requiring self-cast key) and learn to play the game around that, and then when it's fixed (which is just the beginning of balancing), they cry that that game is DOA or SV doesn't know how to balance etc. We are here to test. When you design your playstyle around something broken and then get upset when that bug is fixed and it isn't perfect, you're not testing, you're min-maxxing against a broken system.

Chill out, test the "fixed" thing and give feedback once you've tested it and played with it thoroughly. All this knee-jerk forum warrior BS doesn't help anyone.

You seem very clueless about what ur mentioning. People "cried" about them fixing unlimited weight on horses, because they fixed it WITHOUT ADDING HORSEBAGS, you were playing for a week straight with no possibility of transporting or gathering materials.

INT scaling is NOT a fix, its a change, something you are also clueless about. There was nothing to "fix" here and people are obviously complaining cause in its current state its retarded compared to the old system.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
As expected the INT scaling is broken beyond belief and fucks over hybrids.
I made a thread about int scaling. I told myself it would be okay because they won't fuck hybrids...they will do it the right way and I went into detail on a good way to do it. They do the complete opposite.

can't say im surprised. rip

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020

Now im pretty disappointed by your assumption, but not surprise, just like the patch.

EDIT: To be positive. I like the progression on Armor/Weapon texture.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The int change is more dog shit than it even seems, since even high intel characters at 116-125 intel are nerfed relative to last patch.

Reactions: cerqo