Banned By Mistake or Bug?

zwt2135

Mar 17, 2022
Hi Guys,

I logged in today after the patch and when I tried to go to the mainland I got a message saying login failed you are banned from Mortal Online 2.

I hope this is maybe a bug that others have encountered since the patch?

I contacted support through discord to talk with a GM but haven't heard back from them yet. I then contacted support through the website that gave me a generic response with "
This account was closed for use of unauthorized cheat programs, also known as hacks or bots, these programs provide benefits not achievable through normal game play and take way from the integrity of Mortal Online 2

Please note our support staff will not overturn these bans and there will be no appeals.

https://www.mortalonline2.com/eula/ "

The thing is I have never cheated in a game and yes I am sure the hackers who do get banned all say this but I legit haven't done anything wrong. I have a steam account I have had forever with 336 games on it, its not private and have absolutley never been banned on this steam account. I have 308 hours logged on MO2 since launch. I do not have any programs that could be used to cheat, I don't have any macros or programs that could macro anything, The only programs running in the background would be discord and a voice changer but I have not used the voice changer at all in MO2 my mic isn't event set up to use it right now. I have never gone into the game files or even touched that folder for MO2.

I have not used any exploits or done anything weird in the game that could flag a ban so I am genuinely confused as to why this happened and not sure how to proceed. Any ideas on who I could talk to or what I can do. I spent 150 on this game as one of the early backers and really don't want to lose my account and time in the game for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

zwt2135

Mar 17, 2022
Try to get GM Discords attention maybe he can help you out.
Yea I have tried reaching out to the GM on discord so far havent heard back yet unfortunately. Has anyone ever heard of an accidental or mistaken ban before. I mean I have never had this ever happen in any game I have played. Usually I thought bans were for legit reasons but legit I did not do anything that would warrant a ban.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Yea I have tried reaching out to the GM on discord so far havent heard back yet unfortunately. Has anyone ever heard of an accidental or mistaken ban before. I mean I have never had this ever happen in any game I have played. Usually I thought bans were for legit reasons but legit I did not do anything that would warrant a ban.
I know of people in MO1 who were banned because they forgot to turn off cheat engine, whether this was true or not they didn't get their account back.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There were actually some cases in early alpha of people being banned for no reason.

zwt2135

Mar 17, 2022
Yes they did, but that is also an issue from almost 2 years ago pre EAC.

I wonder what the size of this ban wave was.
Yea idk man I got scopped in it that for sure unfortunately. I assume they can see in the logs that I didn't do anything though so eventually it will be fixed once someone looks into it.

Dastardly

May 29, 2020
RMT can get you banned as well. Did you buy any rare stuff from someone? Make a trade that was to good to be true?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I trust you over SV because SV is not trustworthy nor competent, but I cant really take your side because there is no proof either way.

Anyone else in your house hold play mo2 or game? You use public wifi or live in a apartment complex? Maybe a IP associated with some publicly used router got you banned because some one else used the same router or something. Another possibility is that some hacker had a similar name and they banned you by accident. Did you have a VPN on at all?

zwt2135

Mar 17, 2022
Honestly none of that. I live in my own house and I'm the only one that games on even uses my rig. I don't use a VPN when gaming and have a direct connect over ethernet. So none of that would come in to play. Good thing is GM got back to me and are looking into it.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Does it anywhere say if your ban is temporary or permanent?

I have seen some people that got 24 hour bans but thought they was permanent.

So, it may not be as bad as you think if it is just a 24 hour ban.

Though it would be nice to know why you got banned so you could avoid having it happen again.

zwt2135

Mar 17, 2022
Does it anywhere say if your ban is temporary or permanent?

I have seen some people that got 24 hour bans but thought they was permanent.

So, it may not be as bad as you think if it is just a 24 hour ban.

Though it would be nice to know why you got banned so you could avoid having it happen again.
nope unfortunately it just says banned. Its been 24 hours since I found the ban so its deff more than that. I was able to talk to a GM and they are looking into it. Said it looks like a weird ban but that's all I have right now.

Reactions: Amadman