bandage mechanic, make pvp great again

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Probably you shouldn't do it mid fight but it works fine when kiting.
I know, i was ironic. But 5 seconds stucked in bandage looks a bit too much. Even 3 seconds would be better at this Point. Oghmirs can Just heal with pipes, veelas can kite very easy.. I feel bad for other races that can use only bandages. But ok we have potions. 3 seconds and longer cd would be Perfect..

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
super hack, surprise people in duels by running AT them and bandaging haha. Magic and parry are two sides to the same WACK coin. The problem w/ sustain is you guys think it favors individual skill, but I think you are looking at things the wrong way. I think more DMG favors individual skill. Friendly fire? Hurts more. Less time to burn someone down, one man of the zerg down. But people are thinking too 'self-centered' when they believe that sustaining isn't going to favor a zerg, more people that are harder to kill yessss.

Magic dmg is a bit high, but I think it's because people are fat? I dunno. It's still a bit high, but if you put that at about avg dmg. Instead of like 25s and such, like good weps hit harder. Slash absolutely smushes lite armor, etc. Then people are dropping faster. That means you can focus someone down quickly and get back out.

I don't understand why you guys wanna be bandaging w/ one hand and parrying w/ another and then think that's going to make the game favor you more. no, you're gonna have 30 people doing the same thing haha.
Imagine how they will be begging for it to be removed when they realize that its actually a bigger advantage the more people you have.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Imagine how they will be begging for it to be removed when they realize that its actually a bigger advantage the more people you have.
Skill still matters, but when you have no way to heal yourself with bandages bcause animation stuck while fighting.. You Just start kiting or die. Sad story. Maybe thats the intention of the devs, cant even use better gear bcause Magic ignore it and Stam regen is shit.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Skill still matters, but when you have no way to heal yourself with bandages bcause animation stuck while fighting.. You Just start kiting or die. Sad story. Maybe thats the intention of the devs, cant even use better gear bcause Magic ignore it and Stam regen is shit.

People suggested to lower the activation time and increase the penalty you get from hits before the bandage heals.
Wouldn't that be a buff for the zerk because you can only damage one player at a time, while they can all damage you?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
People suggested to lower the activation time and increase the penalty you get from hits before the bandage heals.
Wouldn't that be a buff for the zerk because you can only damage one player at a time, while they can all damage you?
Shhhhh.

We aiming for that 30-60 minute wow arena experience.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Thats interesting in a 1v2/3 scenario. Where u try to actual fight and parry them and hit them if they try to bandage. In other cases you will Just kite away.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
thats a pvp game.
Why do so many people call it a "PVP Game"? Its not a PVP game, its a Sandbox, PVP is just a minor part of the game. It is a big feature for most but you are not required to PVP to play the game. I rarely fight in this game, even more so against actual human beings.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
One more thing, gonna quote mirt here, get ready @oykd , who was saying this in MO1 re: zergs and beating zergs. People were just utterly trash, the new guys like Bakti new players + me haha or + maybe whoever else is stupid enough to give up their gear, are still getting bodied. People just have a level of general knowledge of how to not get scraped out.

But yea I know you dudes played MO1 and I know (assume) you guys were really good (?), the same stuff still works except y'know normalization, magic, and parry... BUT WAIT, didn't they put that stuff in as anti zerg to make the game more skill based :eek:!!!

I'd argue most people aren't gonna whine about getting beaten by one guy because they don't wanna cop to it. lol. I can tell people ez where they fucked up if they are getting ready to whine, too. People whine too much. DO NOT ENGAGE the zerg... run run run... then if someone gets a little bloodlust, scrape them out, don't loot, then run run run, repeat. Hold up gotta move on to the is kiting possible thread and then I'm going to smash a concrete block w/ my head.
hi

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Lol, no.

Fights need more danger, not be a fps version of WoW arena heal fest.

Bandages are fine where they are. Change how magic healing work instead.

Did.. Wait. Did you just try to say MO2 needs to not be like WoW in terms of bandaging? You do realize you have to stand still and channel to bandage in WoW, right?

So according to you, you agree with me.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Why do so many people call it a "PVP Game"? Its not a PVP game, its a Sandbox, PVP is just a minor part of the game. It is a big feature for most but you are not required to PVP to play the game. I rarely fight in this game, even more so against actual human beings.
When you leave town starts pvp. You can Avoid it, run, or Just jump from a cliff.. It happens to everyone. Better fix some mechanic and interactions between players when happens dont u think?

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
When you leave town starts pvp. You can Avoid it, run, or Just jump from a cliff.. It happens to everyone. Better fix some mechanic and interactions between players when happens dont u think?
Hell no, there is nothing wrong with the band aid imo. Ive used them on a different build and it was a Thursar, I only use them when the enemy runs away I dont chase after them I'm slow... Nor do I try to run. I stood and fought if I seen an opportunity to use a band aid I would. (like hiding behind a tree from an archer or mage, or if the enemy starts to run) I dont think band aids should be relied upon to heal. Potions are much faster, and they should be, You just drink like 10oz of water and throw the bottle on the ground. Currently I run from people all the time. I only have 107hp, I aint about to stand my ground. My character is a little bitch, so I play like one. You know that waterfall leading to Toxai? I jumped off that bitch and landed right in the water. Because I figured my chances of surviving that fall is better then trying to fight a 9ft Thursar. And guess what I lived, Then I sat on the shore for 5min to heal.

Also Saying band aids should be an instant cast and saying it seriously is mind-boggling. That is like saying arrows should be an instant charge just to give you the chance to shoot one more arrow before you die. That would make archery completely broken and your probably appalled I compared it to using a band aid. But it is the exact same concept.

Reactions: Rhias

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Hell no, there is nothing wrong with the band aid imo. Ive used them on a different build and it was a Thursar, I only use them when the enemy runs away I dont chase after them I'm slow... Nor do I try to run. I stood and fought if I seen an opportunity to use a band aid I would. (like hiding behind a tree from an archer or mage, or if the enemy starts to run) I dont think band aids should be relied upon to heal. Potions are much faster, and they should be, You just drink like 10oz of water and throw the bottle on the ground. Currently I run from people all the time. I only have 107hp, I aint about to stand my ground. My character is a little bitch, so I play like one. You know that waterfall leading to Toxai? I jumped off that bitch and landed right in the water. Because I figured my chances of surviving that fall is better then trying to fight a 9ft Thursar. And guess what I lived, Then I sat on the shore for 5min to heal.

Also Saying band aids should be an instant cast and saying it seriously is mind-boggling. That is like saying arrows should be an instant charge just to give you the chance to shoot one more arrow before you die. That would make archery completely broken and your probably appalled I compared it to using a band aid. But it is the exact same concept.

I understand, but we arent talking about insta bandaging. Just reduce couple seconds the animation at the cost of couple seconds to use it again. The timer to heal the char would be the same. There is another post about it, ill link it.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Everything in your "sandbox" revolves around pvp. I'm sick of kids calling it a sandbox like its somethign different. Everything someone does in a sandbox game revolves around surviving better, which is usually against other players. You get gear because it helps in pvp. You get better gear because it helps more in pvp. Building walls gives you safety from pvp. Building a farming base near mobs gives more profit/materials, which helps to either get materials for pvp gear, or money to buy, take a guess, materials that go into pvp gear. Without the pvp this game has nothing to offer. And currently the pvp sucks.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Everything in your "sandbox" revolves around pvp. I'm sick of kids calling it a sandbox like its somethign different. Everything someone does in a sandbox game revolves around surviving better, which is usually against other players. You get gear because it helps in pvp. You get better gear because it helps more in pvp. Building walls gives you safety from pvp. Building a farming base near mobs gives more profit/materials, which helps to either get materials for pvp gear, or money to buy, take a guess, materials that go into pvp gear. Without the pvp this game has nothing to offer. And currently the pvp sucks.
There a lot you can do in this game that just PVE, you don't need to PVP if you don't want to. The thing is PVP keeps the game alive, without PVP nothing moves it would just stand still. New gear sets wouldn't be required, player structures would lose a lot of value, the demand for resources an pets wouldn't exist. So really no one has to focus on PVP in the game if they don't want to, but they need to realize the game's economy would be very static if PVP didn't exist.

Reactions: Jatix

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
At the end of the day this game depends more on the PvP then the PvE.

This isn't just the act of fighting but the politics that develop between groups, which carves out different regions in the game.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
No support for any bandage changes. Accurate judgement of when to bandage and when not to is skill expression. The skill ceiling is already low enough as it is, we don't need anim cancel bandages for players with bad judgement.

Reactions: Rhias

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Did.. Wait. Did you just try to say MO2 needs to not be like WoW in terms of bandaging? You do realize you have to stand still and channel to bandage in WoW, right?

So according to you, you agree with me.
Nah, that's your words. Not mine.

You guys want excessive access to heals, for everyone.

I want much less combat healing.

We have already moved away from MO1 healing, it should keep doing so.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Nah, that's your words. Not mine.

You guys want excessive access to heals, for everyone.

I want much less combat healing.

We have already moved away from MO1 healing, it should keep doing so.
Well a lot of top tier melee fighters are asking for it so why not. Its not like the devs are the expert in mo2 combat. I dont really see any top tier PvPers saying the current bandage is great, its either indifferent or against the current status quo.