bandage mechanic, make pvp great again

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Nah, that's your words. Not mine.

You guys want excessive access to heals, for everyone.

I want much less combat healing.

We have already moved away from MO1 healing, it should keep doing so.

No.. those were your words. You said you didn't want the game to move towards WoW healing, and funnily enough in WoW when you bandage you can't move and have to sit in an animation.

That's just facts.

What is wrong with people being able to bandage quickly? You already get healed substantially less when hit during a bandage, lol.

No support for any bandage changes. Accurate judgement of when to bandage and when not to is skill expression. The skill ceiling is already low enough as it is, we don't need anim cancel bandages for players with bad judgement.

I really don't think this is a form of expressing skill. Someone already countered this pretty hard by saying most races mid fight can't bandage save for an Alvarin, because in actuality you're not going to bandage successfully unless you're in full retreat + having distance (or objects to kite around, down, or up onto).

I get people think this is such a necessity but all it does is make magic users stronger (melee have downtime whilst in the animation, meaning magic users aren't being hit OR can land important spells like a corrupt or fulm) as well as empowering larger groups as in order to bandage successfully you need to be out of harms way for the animation as being hit during it is free damage.

I get people who play MO2 want to shit on MO1 every chance they can, but bandaging wasn't an issue in MO1. Even early on when they introduced the animation people weren't very happy with it.

It's different coming into the game and it already being present.

TL;DR

You already have to put your weapon away to bandage, and even then it still leaves you vulnerable albeit for a shorter period of time. Magic can still prevent healing. Damage greatly reduces it if hit during the bandage timer.

Reactions: Highlander

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Well a lot of top tier melee fighters are asking for it so why not. Its not like the devs are the expert in mo2 combat. I dont really see any top tier PvPers saying the current bandage is great, its either indifferent or against the current status quo.
I don't have much of a bone in this argument but that logic is dogshit. Top tier melee fighters should dictate the PvP combat for everyone else?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I don't have much of a bone in this argument but that logic is dogshit. Top tier melee fighters should dictate the PvP combat for everyone else?
Top tier melee fighters in a beta in a game with zero ranking system and only word of mouth on who is good or not. Yes, SV should totally listen to the select few that are chosen. Duh

Tzone

May 16, 2021
do you have the people that dont know how to PvP dictate PvP in a PvP game instead? Its the most logical, you balance at the top and then work your way down to the lower skill levels. Otherways your game is broken like how it is currently.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Being able to bandage and know when to bandage is a basic FF skill. If you can't do it doesn't mean they should change the mechanic means you need more practice.

Reactions: Rhias

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Top tier melee fighters in a beta in a game with zero ranking system and only word of mouth on who is good or not. Yes, SV should totally listen to the select few that are chosen. Duh
Come on Molag, let the circle jerk vocal minority have their 15 minutes of fame. MO2 beta is essentially the special Olympics, Still retarded if you win.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Being able to bandage and know when to bandage is a basic FF skill. If you can't do it doesn't mean they should change the mechanic means you need more practice.
Well the people who are winning the PvP fights are still saying its a bad mechanic, your logic doesnt work here. People are saying its a mechanic that doesn't favor 1vX and by fixing it the game can be improved.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
No.. those were your words. You said you didn't want the game to move towards WoW healing, and funnily enough in WoW when you bandage you can't move and have to sit in an animation.

That's just facts.

What is wrong with people being able to bandage quickly? You already get healed substantially less when hit during a bandage, lol.

I really don't think this is a form of expressing skill. Someone already countered this pretty hard by saying most races mid fight can't bandage save for an Alvarin, because in actuality you're not going to bandage successfully unless you're in full retreat + having distance (or objects to kite around, down, or up onto).

I get people think this is such a necessity but all it does is make magic users stronger (melee have downtime whilst in the animation, meaning magic users aren't being hit OR can land important spells like a corrupt or fulm) as well as empowering larger groups as in order to bandage successfully you need to be out of harms way for the animation as being hit during it is free damage.

I get people who play MO2 want to shit on MO1 every chance they can, but bandaging wasn't an issue in MO1. Even early on when they introduced the animation people weren't very happy with it.

It's different coming into the game and it already being present.

TL;DR

You already have to put your weapon away to bandage, and even then it still leaves you vulnerable albeit for a shorter period of time. Magic can still prevent healing. Damage greatly reduces it if hit during the bandage timer.
Nah.

If I could pull it off on a 419 combat sprint Human, other people can pull it off. Get better judgement.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Well the people who are winning the PvP fights are still saying its a bad mechanic, your logic doesnt work here. People are saying its a mechanic that doesn't favor 1vX and by fixing it the game can be improved.
Just because someone who won a fight is saying it doesn't mean my logic doesn't work. It's really easy to bandage safely even 1vX you just can't bandage as you're getting stickied.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
The Cooldowns or Downtime they added to bandages, weapon swapping or even stowing weapon feel really clunky, even though you had to take your weapon off to cast a spell in MO1 it was still more fluid, now if you bandage you cant even reload arrows lol

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
do you have the people that dont know how to PvP dictate PvP in a PvP game instead? Its the most logical, you balance at the top and then work your way down to the lower skill levels. Otherways your game is broken like how it is currently.
Life isn't that black and white nor should game design and balance be. Just because someone is good at the current iteration of the game doesn't give them old sage status for the games combat direction. Just because some kid high on Adderall wants to have a 1v1 last 2 IRL days doesn't mean others want to. The current bandage mechanic does technically benefit the larger group because pressure is on most of the time and being able to get distance is harder than in an even fight. But that is the negative that comes with making bandaging take player skill and awareness to pull off, answer me this next question.

How many shit players have you secured a kill on because they bandaged? My answer = TONS. It actually benefitted me more fighting larger groups because people would not correctly gauge their safety. You could land a kill among this easy parry fest. Which is another reason why we shouldn't listen to the "top" players because alot of them very much enjoy the beyblade combat style which they claim is the pinnacle of skill.

Reactions: Piet and MolagAmur

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Everything in your "sandbox" revolves around pvp. I'm sick of kids calling it a sandbox like its somethign different. Everything someone does in a sandbox game revolves around surviving better, which is usually against other players. You get gear because it helps in pvp. You get better gear because it helps more in pvp. Building walls gives you safety from pvp. Building a farming base near mobs gives more profit/materials, which helps to either get materials for pvp gear, or money to buy, take a guess, materials that go into pvp gear. Without the pvp this game has nothing to offer. And currently the pvp sucks.
It is something different, I'm sick of kids acting like this is COD, when it is so obviously not. You never have to pvp in your charcters life. Its not a PVP game its is a sandbox and it is different from a pvp game. Just bc you play it like a pvp game does not mean it is. It is still carved in stone that it is a sand box and if you cant understand that, ya dumb.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It is something different, I'm sick of kids acting like this is COD, when it is so obviously not. You never have to pvp in your charcters life. Its not a PVP game its is a sandbox and it is different from a pvp game. Just bc you play it like a pvp game does not mean it is. It is still carved in stone that it is a sand box and if you cant understand that, ya dumb.
True. Tons of people play this game with small interests in PvP. As we all know from MO1 (and any game similar for that matter) for the health of the game we need players who are interested in all aspects of the game. We need the traders, fishers, crafters, cooks, butchers, etc. They are just as important to the game as your elite pvper.

Those people create content and give life to the world. People like Ruben with his interesting ideas and services, the trading guilds, etc. All vital to the game.

In my early MO1 days I thought it was all about the "bang" as well. Thing is, people who play this game have a different mindsets and thats fine. But even us who play mainly for the PvP need to get off our high horse and realize this is indeed intended to be a sandbox MMO and not some arena pvp game.

At the end of MO1 all you had were people who wanted PvP and had to resort to discord asking "where da bang at" because the world was a ghost town. All the "sheep" moved on...

I'm going on a rant and this has nothing to do with bandages and I honestly didn't even follow the conversation youre having in this thread, but I just wanted to say I fully agree with you.

If people want to play just for the PvP that is 100% fine. I personally, along with my guild and many others, are here for ALL of it. Even if PvP is my main focus, I'm not gonna talk to others as if my needs and wants for the game are more important than someone who just likes to fish or do furniture because I can beat them in a 1v1 or something.

Again, sorry for the rant. Carry on with your talk about bandages everyone (which i think are fine for the record).

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
No support for any bandage changes. Accurate judgement of when to bandage and when not to is skill expression. The skill ceiling is already low enough as it is, we don't need anim cancel bandages for players with bad judgement.
Let's talk about skilless things here magic, tames and mounted lol. If you are parrying while healing you to get any sort of heal off thats skill lmfao. Let's talk about it. UsE Ur BrAiN.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Making shit up, when its all there white on black. Kind of cringe.

Unless you've changed it since then I can just screen shot it but idk why I'd need to do that.

But they did change it. They changed how it worked from MO1 even though it was never an issue. I personally don't see how giving it an animation and making fighters have more downtime makes the game any more skillful.

Nah.

If I could pull it off on a 419 combat sprint Human, other people can pull it off. Get better judgement.

Against who? That's like saying it's possible to 3v20-30 after watching 3 of the best players in Levia with EU ping fight some of the worst players in the game that quite literally stand still and do not fight back or can't even track people going around them.

It's possible but it's such an outlier of a situation you're not going to see it reproduced against decent players.

I'm also not saying bandaging ISNT impossible, but that you have to disengage from the fight entirely or be outright ignored.

The Cooldowns or Downtime they added to bandages, weapon swapping or even stowing weapon feel really clunky, even though you had to take your weapon off to cast a spell in MO1 it was still more fluid, now if you bandage you cant even reload arrows lol

Agreed honestly.

Nah. I don't wanna fight a blob of 60+ players with anim cancel bandies. You guys are off your rocker if you think that's a good idea.

Worked fine in MO1. People fought outnumbered plenty in the game.

Again, having a weird hate boner for MO1 really isn't helping drive the conversation in a constructive way.

You think an animation increases skill where I'm saying it doesn't - realistically in a competitive scene the more likely of the two is the mechanic which is quicker and allows less room for error on the others part.

The bandage still has to tick, and it is basically ineffective when hit during its time up. But the problem there is you are locked out of any kind of defense for a good while whilst in combat. It's kind of redundant making bandages heal for substantially less if you have a huge gap in which you can't defend yourself.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Unless you've changed it since then I can just screen shot it but idk why I'd need to do that.

But they did change it. They changed how it worked from MO1 even though it was never an issue. I personally don't see how giving it an animation and making fighters have more downtime makes the game any more skillful.

Against who? That's like saying it's possible to 3v20-30 after watching 3 of the best players in Levia with EU ping fight some of the worst players in the game that quite literally stand still and do not fight back or can't even track people going around them.

It's possible but it's such an outlier of a situation you're not going to see it reproduced against decent players.

I'm also not saying bandaging ISNT impossible, but that you have to disengage from the fight entirely or be outright ignored.

Agreed honestly.

Worked fine in MO1. People fought outnumbered plenty in the game.

Again, having a weird hate boner for MO1 really isn't helping drive the conversation in a constructive way.

You think an animation increases skill where I'm saying it doesn't - realistically in a competitive scene the more likely of the two is the mechanic which is quicker and allows less room for error on the others part.

The bandage still has to tick, and it is basically ineffective when hit during its time up. But the problem there is you are locked out of any kind of defense for a good while whilst in combat. It's kind of redundant making bandages heal for substantially less if you have a huge gap in which you can't defend yourself.

Agree to disagree I suppose.
It makes it more skillful because instead of just willy nilly pop a bandie whenever you have to get a little space. People who pop bandies while getting stickied get owned.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
It makes it more skillful because instead of just willy nilly pop a bandie whenever you have to get a little space. People who pop bandies while getting stickied get owned.

But you couldn't do that even in MO1. You still had to take the risk.

There's still a timer and an internal cooldown on it.

It honestly just promotes playing in a larger group. Which hey at the end of the day if that's what you want then that's what you'll get.

I just don't agree with the sentiment that it makes it more skillful.

I mean let's go back to the guy who was replying to me saying MO2 doesn't need to be like WoW, when you wanted to bandage in WoW you had to usually hard CC people to even do it.

I get it's much different considering in MO2 you can move but I just fail to see how making people sit in forced animations to get 10 HP back is good gameplay. You're better off playing a build with magic and dropping anatomy I guess? At least then you could get concentration and your heals won't heal for less because you get hit in an animation of casting.

Worst part is you can't cancel the animation (along with the healing) to fake someone out or to go defensive.

It's really just redundant.

Piet

May 28, 2020
But you couldn't do that even in MO1. You still had to take the risk.

There's still a timer and an internal cooldown on it.

It honestly just promotes playing in a larger group. Which hey at the end of the day if that's what you want then that's what you'll get.

I just don't agree with the sentiment that it makes it more skillful.

I mean let's go back to the guy who was replying to me saying MO2 doesn't need to be like WoW, when you wanted to bandage in WoW you had to usually hard CC people to even do it.

I get it's much different considering in MO2 you can move but I just fail to see how making people sit in forced animations to get 10 HP back is good gameplay. You're better off playing a build with magic and dropping anatomy I guess? At least then you could get concentration and your heals won't heal for less because you get hit in an animation of casting.

Worst part is you can't cancel the animation (along with the healing) to fake someone out or to go defensive.

It's really just redundant.
It's not like it takes a ton of skill to gain enough room to bandage. I can gain enough room on a 25 dex character when outnumbered even and I suck at the game. It's just a bad habit to insta bandage when you shouldn't. Once you get rid of that habit and you start punishing people who do it you can use it to take out people when you're outnumbered more than anything.